Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

floydstreet

Reaction score
You were wetting your knickers that nunos players would all leave when he did. It didn’t happen Ironically it’s JL that’s shipped out most of his players
The players might want out but unless someone is able to meet our valuation no one is paying what we paid for Cunha they will stay
Exactly
Who is paying what we need or would want for Cunha Matteus or silva
Nobody until they prove it

Also there is no way the players didn’t see this coming. Sounds like it’s been in plan for couple of weeks. They knew and yet they played like they did on Saturday. That’s not necessarily a farewell gift, maybe it’s a sign they want to stay.

For all we know, they could all be ****ed off with the moaning

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a ****ing chance that this club has spent the last few weeks prepping for JL’s departure and waiting until 6 days before United to appoint a manager. There’s no way that’s actually how it played out.

Wolves will deservedly get the majority of the blame here, but JL is a real rat
I wonder if Shi went to China seeking further investment and JL agreed to wait and see if that was forthcoming. It might explain a lot.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From Ballague

Lopetegui told me a few days back that when he first arrived the club had told him that, if he managed to save Wolves from relegation last season, he would be able to sign players, not the most expensive ones, but young and talented players. It was an exciting prospect.

At the end of the season he was told this was not the case, but he could recruit players on free transfers. He had to consider his position but finally accepted that was the new target and challenge.

Then, as is public after the club wrote a statement, he was told that even this was not possible and that he could sign nobody.

Lopetegui's frustration results from the fact that he believes Wolves bosses moved the goalposts twice.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a ****ing chance that this club has spent the last few weeks prepping for JL’s departure and waiting until 6 days before United to appoint a manager. There’s no way that’s actually how it played out.

No one, but no one, outside of some Wolves fans is blaming JL.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"But in the same way, we’re worried about the future of our squad because we are going to need to improve our squad if we want to be able to compete in the Premier League.

We found the team at the bottom in December when we came here and after it was a very hard task to get out of relegation, with a much better squad than we have this year"

Those are Lopetegui's words.
You read that and think he’s slagging off the players we have?

He’s saying we’ve sold a **** load of players and now I’ve been told we’re not bringing anyone in. The squad as a whole is nowhere near what it was last year.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like I said, its not Jeff its Fosun. Its Fosun`s handling of its businesses which no longer generate the support of the (money) markets.

It’s not just fosun. Happens all the time. Put a marker here. The Issa brothers who own Asda and most of the petrol stations in this country will go the same way in a few years. Patrick draghi that owns altice is going to feel the pain. Eike Batista in Brazil already blew up. Sean Quinn. Vijay mallya. Bill Hwang at archegos. My old fried Thor bjorgolfsson.

Billionaires are asset rich. But most are absolutely levered to the nuts. And when asset price shocks occur. They get ****ed. They get ****ed hard.

Reaction score
Makes a mockery that we have lost a top manager because of a small risk that we may get a points deduction, and instead have guaranteed us a points deduction by losing a top manager and replacing him with a novice.

**** you Fosun. Just get out of our club
It’s not a small risk, Fosun have no cash in the bank! Literally can not sign any one…

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui said: “I wish Wolves and everybody at the club the very best of luck for the future, and thank them for the opportunity granted at the time to take charge of this wonderful club.

“It has been an honour to enjoy this adventure in the day-to-day company of Matt Hobbs, Matt Wild, head of player care Lisa Hollis and every single employee of the club; whom I wish to thank for their support and help at every moment.

“Also, of course, I want to thank the players, who have always given the maximum to achieve our objectives, and especially the fans that made me feel like one of them from the very first moment and have always been amazing to me, my staff and my family.”
**** him

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

It isn’t. But up until a week or so ago, there was still hope that we might be able to bring in the likes of Scott and Elvedi. When it was confirmed that the goalposts had moved for a second time, it just became a stand-off as to how the situation would be resolved.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Balague:

Lopetegui told me a few days back that when he first arrived the club had told him that, if he managed to save Wolves from relegation last season, he would be able to sign players, not the most expensive ones, but young and talented players. It was an exciting prospect.

At the end of the season he was told this was not the case, but he could recruit players on free transfers. He had to consider his position but finally accepted that was the new target and challenge.

Then, as is public after the club wrote a statement, he was told that even this was not possible and that he could sign nobody.

Lopetegui's frustration results from the fact that he believes Wolves bosses moved the goalposts twice.

This is a manager who has coached Spain and Real Madrid, and won a European title for Sevilla.

He thought being in the Premier League was the next step to take in that stellar career but feels the club has gone backwards.

He told me in the interview that he had absolutely no problem with those that run the club day to day.

But I have the impression that the people who take the final decisions at Wolves were not telling him the full picture.

Obviously it is now a project for another manager.

Lopetegui believesWolves haven't taken full advantage of what he brings and haven't given him the opportunity to use his talent, contacts and worth to improve the squad, and make Wolves a regular top-10 club with hopes of Europe, which is what he was told when he chose to leave a personal situation behind to manage them.

Wolves have had time to look for a replacement as I am sure conversations about his future have taken place for a while.

Lopetegui managed to prepare the team in a solid pre-season, but one that has shown also an alarming lack of depth.

---

Couldn't even sign free transfers!!
God help us

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The charlatan has official gone, got his wish which he's been angling for since end of season. Elite manager? *******s.

Now on to O'Neil, basically if that's appointment then all involved can follow lop out the door.
I'm all for clear the decks at this point.

The day to day staff, the fans, the players, we've been shafted by the lot of them.

New ownership please.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, a very sad day for Wolverhampton Wanderers Footbalk Club .
ONeil is a pathetic choice yet understandable ......cost nothing , on a crap contract no doubt in comparison with the other 19 managers , a total yes man ( prerequisite of his employment )
From his perspective he's got zero to lose .
Jeff Shi .= deceitful rat who will need a tin hat at games from now on .
Situation is abysmal . Just sell up Fosun ........you ain't got the minerals

Last edited:

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moving away from my thoughts on Fosun and Shi for a second.. I can't help but feel Lopetegui himself has let the fans and the players down walking out so soon proper toys out of the pram you would expect a top coach not just walk away without even trying! He asked to leave after the Celtic game ffs!

The club is a mess but let's not act like he hasn't played his part in this mess!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a cluster ****
You could not make it up from either side
Shi comes out with no credit as he has at best been duplicitous.
Lopetegui has acted like an overpaid petulant child.
**** him.

Let’s get behind whomever comes in and ensure it’s not a poisoned chalice. We are where we are . The players have the ability to stay up . It’s if they want it now.

Only Wolves would try their damdest to prove Gaby Agbonlahor right.

9m a year and boo hoo I haven’t got the squad . A proper coach would have sucked it up . Thanks for keeping us up now **** off

Bloody annoyed

Last edited:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute **** show.
Shi out next. Has to be. Has right royally screwed our finances up and lost a world class manager as a result.
I get that JL is not very likeable and has bleated to the press, but he is a winner and that’s what we need. I doubt that Clough or Shankly or Ferguson were in the slightest bit likeable but they were effective and respected, and they won stuff.
This is an embarrassment and if Wolves were quoted on the stock market their share price would be tanking now.
I fear for our future in the PL.
Very annoyed and very disappointed.
Fosun, do the decent thing and recall Shi to China to run something at his level, the rubber dog **** factory in Hong Kong (to mis-quote Top Gun).

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jeff Shi is finishing the job he tried to start when he was denied the Mick Beale appointment.
When you sit back and see the reality of Shi’s judgment: Zenga, Lambert, Large, Beale and now O’Neill the man is simply out of his depth. Make no mistake Nuno was more luck than judgement on Shi’s behalf while Lopetegui was his Ferrari obsession, purchased without first accounting for the repayments.

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is, and I don't like him. Is that they're probably true.
Yes, I imagine that they are. But there's ways of acting when you're under contract and he fell well short of it.

Evidently a great manager but a real real let down in how he dealt with media and how he aired his dirty laundry in public. If it was going to play out this way, I don't for the life of me know why he didn't just quit weeks ago.

Instead he releases a statement about his love for Wolves and then leaves us in the lurch.

I think Fosun should sell the club and I've thought this for a while but I'm astounded at the lack of respect that is apparent in the Lopetegui/Balague double act

Back
Top Bottom