Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Alternatives to Gary O'Neill

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would you want, within reason, that is currently available? Here is a non-exhaustive list of available managers:

Category A: Not a chance.
  • Antonio Conte, Julian Nagelsmann, Zinedine Zidane
Category B: Ambitious, would be very happy with any of these.
  • Graham Potter, Christophe Galtier, Joachim Low, Andre Villas-Boas, Marcelo Bielsa, Marcelo Gallardo
Category C: Interesting, but perhaps uninspiring.
  • OG Solskjaer, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Lucien Favre, Rafa Benitez, Patrick Vieira
Category D: Steer well clear.
  • Gary O'Neil, Ralph Hassenhuttl, Jesse Marsch, Frank Lampard, Dean Smith, Sam Allardyce, Javi Gracia, Nathan Jones, Gennaro Gattuso, Scott Parker, Carlos Carvalhal, Alex McLeish, Vitor Pereira, Claude Puel, Steve Bruce

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would you want, within reason, that is currently available? Here is a non-exhaustive list of available managers:

Category A: Not a chance.
  • Antonio Conte, Julian Nagelsmann, Zinedine Zidane
Category B: Ambitious, would be very happy with any of these.
  • Graham Potter, Christophe Galtier, Joachim Low, Andre Villas-Boas, Marcelo Bielsa, Marcelo Gallardo
Category C: Interesting, but perhaps uninspiring.
  • OG Solskjaer, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Lucien Favre, Rafa Benitez, Patrick Vieira
Category D: Steer well clear.
  • Gary O'Neil, Ralph Hassenhuttl, Jesse Marsch, Frank Lampard, Dean Smith, Sam Allardyce, Javi Gracia, Nathan Jones, Gennaro Gattuso, Scott Parker, Carlos Carvalhal, Alex McLeish, Vitor Pereira, Claude Puel, Steve Bruce
Any of B plus Ruud,

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit harsh on Hassenhuttl, did excellent for Southampton for a couple of years. Think his style would actually suit us and develop the young players
Yes maybe slightly low on him, just uninspiring. Southampton's demise wasn't entirely down to him, but he played his part I would say.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ken Jackson (aka Pete Postlethwaite) from When Saturday Comes

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
If JL does depart, then we could do worse than Villas-Boas or Potter.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Villas-Boas from that list.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ralph Hassenhuttl
Mick McCarthy
Sam Allardyce
Claude Puel
Graham Potter
Paul Ince
Neil Warnock
Steven Schumacher

My shortlist would be

Steven Schumacher 1 (up and coming)
Ralph Hassenhuttl 2 (experienced)
Neil Warnock 3 (would be entertaining)

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
From the way this manager search is going as well as previously, it doesn't even seem like to me that they bother weighing up alternatives. It's like they pick a name out of a hat and just hire whoever it is. It never seems like they give any thought to who they want to hire as manager. Just look at all the managers we've been linked with since nuno and none of them make any sense whatsoever other than JL. Do they have a clue what style of play they want to implement? What is the ****ing appeal in gary's boring defensive football? What genuinely makes the wolves hierarchy think this is a good appointment. They just want a cheap option that'll hopefully keep us up in the prem

T

TheConcourse

From the way this manager search is going as well as previously, it doesn't even seem like to me that they bother weighing up alternatives. It's like they pick a name out of a hat and just hire whoever it is. It never seems like they give any thought to who they want to hire as manager. Just look at all the managers we've been linked with since nuno and none of them make any sense whatsoever other than JL. Do they have a clue what style of play they want to implement? What is the ****ing appeal in gary's boring defensive football? What genuinely makes the wolves hierarchy think this is a good appointment. They just want a cheap option that'll hopefully keep us up in the prem
This. Total lucky dip with zero thought to style. We’ve changed ‘style’ four times in 12 months.

No plan.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some decent names on that list.
But it really buggers me, that we seem to have to go for somebody unemployed to avoid paying compo.
When Lage left we were also linked with Genesio (Rennes) and Bo Svensson(Mainz), both excellent coaches, that would probably come, and I'm sure there are others.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Sadly with the current financial restrictions it'll be Category D only. It's going to be O'Neil but only one from that category I would have preferred is Hassenhuttl. I'm resigned to O'Neil but hope it's just a stop gap, unless he morphs into Pep mark 2, unlikely I know.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've quite recently ****ed up with Saunders, Zenga, Solbakken and the other one, so I can't believe some of the names they may be seriously considering. What a total **** up.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've grabbed a turd out of the toilet, reckon if I chucked a few sprinkles on it, give it a little wipe, that it might well get a 2-3 hour interview with Jeff and the job.
They’ll be well impressed when can it start?

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fantasy land thinking about AVB, how about we skip the bull**** and just sign Pep

Back
Top Bottom