Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Isn't it fairly clear we have financial limitations? Or are you saying the club are just deliberately not spending ffs.
I am saying you have no idea on the financial position but are pretending like you do, simply based on all of the clubs/Shi's briefings to the press.

All we as fans can do is look out for new signings and want the best team we can possibly have- which is all Julen wanted too.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am saying you have no idea on the financial position but are pretending like you do, simply based on all of the clubs/Shi's briefings to the press.

All we as fans can do is look out for new signings and want the best team we can possibly have- which is all Julen wanted too.

Isn't it fairly obvious? I said back in May we wouldn't spend much after surprisingly spending a fortune in January. It wasn't hard to see that coming.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I don't understand is, if Fosun are in so much financial trouble, and it would very much appear they are, why devalue an asset such as the club, by so much, by dragging it through the **** and making us a banter club?
Just sell up, when all looks fairly rosey, surely???
The latest ongoing **** show must've literally have wiped millions off our value!

Last edited:

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are two separate issues - One, there's no money, for various reasons, and this has led to the loss of Lopetegui; and Two, the club have had all summer to come up with a contingency plan, and that plan turns out to be Gary O'Neil.

I can personally cope with the first, however absurd and defeating it all is, because that's football, and because Lopetegui is a twit who played the club for everything he could in the end. It's the owners own fault there's no cash, they're the ones who wasted it, but it is what it is.

I can't forgive the second one, however. It's sheer stupidity and underlines how they no longer give a damn. You know for two months there's a good chance your coach is going to do a runner, and Gary O'Neil is your answer? **** off.

The only good thing to come out of today is that a few more eyes will be opened. Even though there will still be plenty who cast flowers at Fosun's feet, and prance around a totem of Jeff like naked Morris dancers from Midsommer, shaking their tambourines to a tune of Everything Is Awesome with a special chorus of Stop Moaning And Just Pay Your Money Like Good Little Lambs, there will at least be a greater awareness now of the truth: Fosun care about themselves, not us, and Jeff's open letter the other day was his version of that much-loved phrase... what was it, now? Oh, yes.

"It was a business decision."

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree players respect lopetegui. A couple of hard games and O'Neil and the other Yes brigade candidates will be ****ed . As the players will be like get me a move and the chance of them busting a gut goes out the window.

Remember most of this squad were bottom with 10 points in December.

Lage couldn't motivate them JL could . So if O'Neil or crusty the clown come in I think we will be ****ed. If they lose a few games In a row .

Remember that these players ultimately haven't come here because Whitmore reans is the English Riviera
1) how do you know O’Neill is a yes man?
2) I doubt not one single player has been anywhere near Whitaker Reans, so that’s pretty irrelevant

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Shi needs to come out and tell us the truth about our financial position. As a season ticket holder I claim the right to know what the hell has gone wrong between June and now .
I don’t know if you read @Mighty Thor's post from a few days ago on Fosun’s financial position. If not read it.

Up to about a year ago I used to write stock market reports for a financial services company, and wrote a lot about Evergrande, a Chinese property company who were – at one time – the biggest property company in the world. Last time I wrote about them Evergrande had debts to 210 banks, with bonds maturing (and due for repayment) almost every month. They were permanently at risk of default with – at one point – the CEO having to sell his house to meet the repayments.

I’d suggest the situation with Fosun is very similar. Altho’ I bow to no-one in my disdain for Shi, I suspect he has had little idea of what is happening on even a daily basis. It will be Shanghai that has moved the goalposts on JL, not Shi.

More player sales? Yes, for sure. Fosun want cash. And more cash.

The only consolation I take from this is that Fosun are probably in such deep **** that they’ll have to sell Wolves sooner rather than later. They’ll simply need the money, and won’t risk selling a Championship side.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui is a ****ing worm. If he had any moral backbone, he’d leave with a gentleman’s handshake and be rueful of an opportunity lost. But no, he plays his hand in the full glare of the media, and forces Jeff to pay him off.
I get the goalposts have moved but we’re not a team of no-hopers from the Northern Conference Division 8. I’m sure Lop will get another job but i was a chairman and seen how he’s treated his past employers, I wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot ****ty stick.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know if you read @Mighty Thor's post from a few days ago on Fosun’s financial position. If not read it.

Up to about a year ago I used to write stock market reports for a financial services company, and wrote a lot about Evergrande, a Chinese property company who were – at one time – the biggest property company in the world. Last time I wrote about them Evergrande had debts to 210 banks, with bonds maturing (and due for repayment) almost every month. They were permanently at risk of default with – at one point – the CEO having to sell his house to meet the repayments.

I’d suggest the situation with Fosun is very similar. Altho’ I bow to no-one in my disdain for Shi, I suspect he has had little idea of what is happening on even a daily basis. It will be Shanghai that has moved the goalposts on JL, not Shi.

More player sales? Yes, for sure. Fosun want cash. And more cash.

The only consolation I take from this is that Fosun are probably in such deep **** that they’ll have to sell Wolves sooner rather than later. They’ll simply need the money, and won’t risk selling a Championship side.
Increasingly that feels a highly likely scenario. The problem is that the value of a heavily asset stripped club is likely low. I doubt that money taken out is miraculously excluded from FFP and prospective new owners will realise the problems they are being asked to buy into.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Isn't it fairly obvious? I said back in May we wouldn't spend much after surprisingly spending a fortune in January. It wasn't hard to see that coming.
No it isn't obvious- Julen and Hobbs (who have far more access than you or I) were clearly under the impression there would be money to spend later in the window, once sales had been completed. The sales have now been done- but there are no signings forthcoming.

That's not on Julen- he held up his end of the agreement. That's on Jeff.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui is a ****ing worm. If he had any moral backbone, he’d leave with a gentleman’s handshake and be rueful of an opportunity lost. But no, he plays his hand in the full glare of the media, and forces Jeff to pay him off.
I get the goalposts have moved but we’re not a team of no-hopers from the Northern Conference Division 8. I’m sure Lop will get another job but i was a chairman and seen how he’s treated his past employers, I wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot ****ty stick.
Yet you think that players and managers will rush to sign for Shi et al?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hurts to say but the realists were right all along

I hereby formally renounce my long held happy clapper status and cross the divide to the **** off out of our club Fosun

They've made all of those who supported them over the last few years to look like absolute fools
support is earned. they’ve lost mine.
last season having a ticket too.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re getting ONeil because hell be a yes man who won’t believe his luck at getting another premier league job. He’ll be gone by Christmas and hopefully Shi and Hobbs with him.
I can see this season panning out similarly to last season: O'Neil will have us in the bottom three, sacked before Christmas. Despite our alleged FFP issues, Fosun will mysteriously find £100m down the back of the sofa for new players, but there won't be a Lopetegui to bail them out. Jeff Shi will maneuver Hobbs to be chucked under the bus like he did to Sellars. He will reward himself for masterminding our relegation with another 50% wage rise.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is the guy who hasn't lied, the worm?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Erm, so out of interest since I’m on holiday with spotty internet, with the page per mi Ute additions here…anyone know if he’s gone?
Was anyone up a tree at Compton and see training? Did he miss it?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to me the bloke wants out regardless. It ain’t the first time
You may be right but I think he wants to stay and wants more money for players.
He probably thinks that a super rich company like Fosun always has access to millions. This is JL’s first time in the PL and he wants to succeed because a bigger club like Chelsea, Utd or a Spurs will come calling some day.

His attitude could be ….” I don’t give a damn about FFP rules…that’s your problem Jeff. Just get me more players or I’m leaving”.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1) how do you know O’Neill is a yes man?
2) I doubt not one single player has been anywhere near Whitaker Reans, so that’s pretty irrelevant
We don't know if O'Neil is a Yes man.

We'll have a good pointer that he is though if he's offered and takes this job

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it isn't obvious- Julen and Hobbs (who have far more access than you or I) were clearly under the impression there would be money to spend later in the window, once sales had been completed. The sales have now been done- but there are no signings forthcoming.

That's not on Julen- he held up his end of the agreement. That's on Jeff.

And like I said above, the window isn't closed. I bet you we make signings before the window closes.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Wouldn’t you just love to be a fly on the wall…
How has this game of brinkmanship played out?
Has JL took it down to the wire and if signings weren’t made was this always his intention?
What direction/instructions has Jeff been given by Fosun?
What are the players saying to each other ?
Is Hobbs committed to the club or does he too feel hoodwinked?
How good was O’Neils power point presentation?

We’ll never know …

Back
Top Bottom