Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No announcement yet
We still have hope JL will be staying

I understand JL being annoyed if Shi has put a spin on transfer funds in the summer prior to getting the job. However as soon as he was fully aware of the facts, he should have resigned there and then. I think he's done us dirty leaving a week before the season starts, and if that's how much respect he has for us he can do one.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on...he was given 90 million to spend in January when we needed a top goalscorer ...he spent it on chuna and Gomes , so I doubt fosun Wana give him another 90 million.
Stop moaning,and manage the squad you have
I disagree it's not just the money though . He wanted to keep some if the players that we have had to sell .

So as a manager if I was told you would have money to spend . Then you will have money but say 2)3 £8£15 million players . To then have that pulled and players he wanted in the squad sold . I would be ****ed off as my board are not backing me now with what they said at the beginning of the window they would .

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable the club are effectively sacking JL and replacing him with O-****ing-Neil, Jesus wept.
Has JL been told that Scott and Elvedi won't be signed, or not unless someone like Nunes or Cunha are sold?
Strange we can't find the money for 2 players but can find it for ****ing JL and his team off.
Fosun out
Seems to me they need to have a manager who does as he is told

Wolf of Salop

Groupie
Reaction score
Alot of people on here writing O'Neill off. They are probably the same people who claimed Eddie Howe was a fraud, not good enough and would be found out. I would suggest none of us really have a clue about how a managerial appointment will work out. I hope Lopetegui stays, purely from a continuity point of view but if he goes then so be it.

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
Have i missed an announcement about lops meeting and O'neils appointment or is all this based on the media rumour mill, If it is true then lets face facts, He has History for this scenario . Was going to be our manager then chose Spain, (sacked) real Madrid (sacked) Sevilla (sacked) turned us down then changed his mind and came to us. Doesn't exactly show commitment when not getting his own way does he.Personally i feel by dragging this out in the media he should be sacked whether or not the club lied to him.

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
27 games of noisy mediocrity. End it, whatever.
Exactly. Wasn’t interested before he came, watched him do his lap of honour the day he signed and changed my mind thinking this guy must have some big balls. Quickly realised nothing had changed, same crap football as lage, same win % as lage, actually won less than lage despite being touted as some sort of elite level manager. Now this. Quite the CV he’s gonna be left with soon, it’ll match zengas for the number of clubs

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alot of people on here writing O'Neill off. They are probably the same people who claimed Eddie Howe was a fraud, not good enough and would be found out. I would suggest none of us really have a clue about how a managerial appointment will work out. I hope Lopetegui stays, purely from a continuity point of view but if he goes then so be it.
In fairness, O'Neill is very far from Eddie Howe. Little experience and did a good job doing what he needed to but absolutely not ready to take on a gig like this.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From my experience negotiating on behalf of numerous Chinese businesses they can be very stubborn, they will not want the other side to feel like they got a “win” against them.
It's a pity they don't adopt that ethos with their football team's performances

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Eddie Howe had performed miracles taking Bournemouth through the Leagues and had always played a really attacking brand of football. The only thing against him was that short spell at Burnley (where he has family issues) and the fact others didn’t like some of the ‘dark arts’ employed by his team.

He had a far longer and superior body of work and experience to fall back on.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
I’m neither pro Shi or pro JL the way this summer has gone whichever side of the fence you sit on has been utterly disgusting and I level that at both men.

Playing devils advocate for a moment re: ‘going forward’ and those moaning about O’Neills brand of football being hard on the eye I would counter and say JL’s ain’t much better.

Bar Liverpool H last season, when else were you thoroughly entertained??

I’ve said it tongue in cheek to all my friends in the boozer all season if Lage would’ve signed Dawson back in August I don’t think our points tally/position, would’ve been much different.

Just saying.
I agree with 90% of what you say but the massive difference is the football in pre season has been brilliant and I think that is down to JLo.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree it's not just the money though . He wanted to keep some if the players that we have had to sell .

So as a manager if I was told you would have money to spend . Then you will have money but say 2)3 £8£15 million players . To then have that pulled and players he wanted in the squad sold . I would be ****ed off as my board are not backing me now with what they said at the beginning of the window they would .

Who did he want to keep apart from Neves?

Moutinho and Costa?
Adama who wouldn’t sign a new deal?
Collins and Raul he wasn’t playing?
Giles and Sanderson?

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have i missed an announcement about lops meeting and O'neils appointment or is all this based on the media rumour mill, If it is true then lets face facts, He has History for this scenario . Was going to be our manager then chose Spain, (sacked) real Madrid (sacked) Sevilla (sacked) turned us down then changed his mind and came to us. Doesn't exactly show commitment when not getting his own way does he.Personally i feel by dragging this out in the media he should be sacked whether or not the club lied to him.

i'm not saying it's done yet - but it's clearly more than "rumours" my friend

Wolf of Salop

Groupie
Reaction score
In fairness, O'Neill is very far from Eddie Howe. Little experience and did a good job doing what he needed to but absolutely not ready to take on a gig like this.
I really don't know. It does feel like a backwards step but as I said previously none of us know until it happens.
Is it worth taking the risk? Is it hell!

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can moan about Jeff as much as you like, but he ain’t the one walking out on the club in the week before kickoff.
But he's the cause for the walk out by either not being truthful or by not doing due diligence on a manager who has displayed such behaviour in the past.

If you believe that this was all going on prior to the letter released a couple of days ago - then why does the letter not address it in any way? (or more relevant - why was the letter released at that specific time). This perhaps offers an insight in to how Shi operates.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand JL being annoyed if Shi has put a spin on transfer funds in the summer prior to getting the job. However as soon as he was fully aware of the facts, he should have resigned there and then. I think he's done us dirty leaving a week before the season starts, and if that's how much respect he has for us he can do one.
Hasn’t gone yet please don’t jump the gun
Perhaps negotiations are extended because he wants to stay but Shi/Fosun are trying to force him out for his public comments on any incoming transfers/spending and decide they want a yes man, who knows certainly not us

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant we just all grab pitchforks and an effigy of Wickerman and march up to Compton and demand JL stays.......I'm guessing not

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good post!
I suspect that JL was reasonably informed where we stood on money for transfers but he assumed that Wolves would cave into him and at the 11th. hour would produce more money.
I think it’s possible that JL is trying to blackmail Wolves……

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hasn’t gone yet please don’t jump the gun
Perhaps negotiations are extended because he wants to stay but Shi/Fosun are trying to force him out for his public comments on any incoming transfers/spending and decide they want a yes man, who knows certainly not us

Negotiations are extended because he’s a scumbag mercenary who wants paying to go rather than walking for nothing, exactly as he did at Sevilla. It’s almost a carbon copy of his playbook from his last job, spend money, complain you want to spend more, cry and whine long enough to make your job untenable and walk off with a pay off

Wolf of Salop

Groupie
Reaction score
Eddie Howe had performed miracles taking Bournemouth through the Leagues and had always played a really attacking brand of football. The only thing against him was that short spell at Burnley (where he has family issues) and the fact others didn’t like some of the ‘dark arts’ employed by his team.

He had a far longer and superior body of work and experience to fall back on.
I agree with all of your points Tring but that didn't stop a great deal of people on here claiming he was a fraud and would be found out by going to NUFC. For the record I am not advocating appointing O'Neill.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such is the negativity about this potentially dreadful appoint if Oneil is announced to the crowd before the Brighton game - I can see the South Bank singing " who the ****ing hell are you"
Or "You're **** and you know you are"....

Not blaming O'Neil, all Shi/Fosun's fault, but after this crap neither he nor any similar cheap and bloody uncheerful replacement head coach will likely get any slack cut by many if not all of the fans.

I wouldn't bet against punch-ups in the South and North Banks either.

Back
Top Bottom