Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My thought, too. He's openly angling for pushing Fosun far enough to get the bullet and a pay-off. Only 'wants players who want to be here' and then behaves like this! Hypocrisy of the highest order imo.

The Mirror (yes, I know) is reporting;

Wolves are exploring replacements for manager Julen Lopetegui, who could leave the club amid frustration over transfer policy this summer.
He wants backing to do the best job possible. He wants to be competing for Europe not hanging around in the bottom half of the table.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wants backing to do the best job possible. He wants to be competing for Europe not hanging around in the bottom half of the table.
Of course he does, as do all Wolves' fans. However, he's been whingeing since before last season ended and we are now just a week away from the start of the next. If this is his modus-operandi to get Fosun/Shi/Hobbs to loosen the purse strings; it doesn't seem to be working.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. More to the point he almost certainly was sold that vision to actually join the club last season.

Had he been told that in the summer resources would be slim to non-existent, all to be generated by sales, and even then only a small proportion of the money raised would be spent l seriously doubt that he would have touched the proposal with a bargepole.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course he does, as do all Wolves' fans. However, he's been whingeing since before last season ended and we are now just a week away from the start of the next. If this is his modus-operandi to get Fosun/Shi/Hobbs to loosen the purse strings; it doesn't seem to be working.
What he is doing is guaranteeing that if things go wrong Shi is slap bang in the firing line.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. More to the point he almost certainly was sold that vision to actually join the club last season.

Had he been told that in the summer resources would be slim to non-existent, all to be generated by sales, and even then only a small proportion of the money raised would be spent l seriously doubt that he would have touched the proposal with a bargepole.
I’m not quite sure why people can’t see this?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wasn’t lied to.
Why would Jeff lie to JL and his wife, his assistants and their families …….have them uproot their lives and move to Wolverhampton if he wasn’t on the level?

Makes absolutely no sense. It would be beyond stupid for Jeff to do that…….
People lie to new/potential hires everyday.

At massive global business to work in the highest company roles,

Jeff could easily have lied/misrepresented the truth to land an elite manager to save his ass from relegating the club which before JL came in looked highly likely.

It is terrible and dishonest and doing the job I do now since I left football, as a global talent Acquisition Manager, I hear that story of people being lied too about the size and scope of roles, company culture and career progression daily.

It is underhand and disgusting behaviour that people refuse to believe happens when in fact it is a very very very common occurence.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People lie to new/potential hires everyday.

At massive global business to work in the highest company roles,

Jeff could easily have lied/misrepresented the truth to land an elite manager to save his ass from relegating the club which before JL came in looked highly likely.

It is terrible and dishonest and doing the job I do now since I left football, as a global talent Acquisition Manager, I hear that story of people being lied too about the size and scope of roles, company culture and career progression daily.

It is underhand and disgusting behaviour that people refuse to believe happens when in fact it is a very very very common occurence.
Oh, for Christ’s sake …..
please just smarten up.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if we have some money to buy players (now portrayed as a big IF), Lopetegui 's attitude may put off targets from joining..
His attitude? What ambition?

So Shi and fosuns attitude wouldn't put you off as a player ?

Personally a team not investing , then I as an ambitious player would be looking elsewhere or looking to leave .

Look at Leicester last season . I didn't see anyone queuing up to say I want to join Leicester. Yes they didn't spend but most players would have seen they were going to struggle, yes possibly couldn't see relegation but not a top half finish with an ageing stale team.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think about…..quite straightforward I thought.
Just noticed you replied to a previous post of mine.

Ask yourself honestly now, how happy would you be if the club paid JL multi millions in compensation at a time that they have said money is tight and they are wanting to secure financial future and it is even a sell huge numbers to pay smaller fees on players, which we have yet to do?

So you think it is financially and strategically smart to spend any money from the coffers that could have been used to buy a player with a few more sales to improve weak areas like CB, GK, Scoring striker?

Why hurt that, when if he walks it costs nothing?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh, for Christ’s sake …..
please just smarten up.
Smarten up how? I said how it could happen, not that it did.

I have expressed personal experience of how what you said doesn’t happen actually does.

Your reaction is clear sign you have no follow up points.

Many on here will have had it happen to them or someone you know.

So if someone needs to “smarten up” it is you. As you are the only person in our discussion claiming with great certainty that Jeff didn’t lie, when JL the person who is actually in the story daily, is painting a difference picture to what you want to believe.

Many managers over the years of football have said they were lied to about the state of their new club and itS finances, ambitions and strategy.

Many players have been lied to about the security of their managers job, the strategy and vision to win silverware or be competitive.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if he does leave, who on earth would come
There are people who would still take a premier league job, that has a solid and strong frontline of 15/16 players.

But that can only happen once our certain friend has had a press conference to rule himself out of course lol

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smarten up how? I said how it could happen, not that it did.

I have expressed personal experience of how what you said doesn’t happen actually does.

Your reaction is clear sign you have no follow up points.

Many on here will have had it happen to them or someone you know.

So if someone needs to “smarten up” it is you. As you are the only person in our discussion claiming with great certainty that Jeff didn’t lie, when JL the person who is actually in the story daily, is painting a difference picture to what you want to believe.

Many managers over the years of football have said they were lied to about the state of their new club and itS finances, ambitions and strategy.

Many players have been lied to about the security of their managers job, the strategy and vision to win silverware or be competitive.
I mean it’s pretty obvious who had the most to gain from the situation and the most to lose.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This saga has gone on too long and is becoming tiresome. Much as I admire Lopetegui, he needs to either commit himself to the club or leave. Sorry, but all these reports about him not being happy at Wolves must unsettle the players. There is a big season in front of the club and it needs everyone to be singing from the same hymn sheet.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
OK, just to be clear, nothing's happened, the Mirror piece is just the Belague interview brought back to life. The idea he wants to be sacked is just one person's character assassination. One more person has suggested he's pushing Shi with an ultimatum.

How about some of you follow your own advice and stop moaning and just get behind the club? Anyone who thinks Lopetegui going would be a good thing is deluded IMHO.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gattuso would be my guess and that would be fireworks for as long as it lasted.
Fireworks for a few weeks, mediocre results and a mid season sacking would follow.

Rob Edwards would be nailed on if Luton hadn't gone up.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who on earth would come to a club with one of the highest net spends in world football over the last five year indeed

What a poisoned chalice it is
Not really relevant to the now though, is it?

Squad isn't bad but certainly has some holes. In any case though, who are you going to attract when the previous coach has in theory walked before the season started, a tiny transfer budget and no preseason to embed your philosophy?

If we go into our first league game of the season at ManU with a temporary manager then that would be a damning indictment on how the club has been managed in the last few years.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean it’s pretty obvious who had the most to gain from the situation and the most to lose.
Jeff was desperate, he had screwed up the summer transfer window, ballsed up Lage and fosun wouldn’t have been happy to the extreme if we hadn’t gone down. He did what he did to save his own bacon.

Many great business people would/have done the same and seen it as a necessary evil.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
Oh I'll fulfill that role to the full if Lop ends up staying, means we won't be back in the Champ next season.

Don’t like the ultra transparent “I told you so-ism” that comes out around times of adversity.

It’s two fold and emotional protectionism

1. Things go as apocalyptically bad as you forecast time and time again, and you get to call yourself a visionary

2. Things don’t go down your written path of doom and you’re therefore happy because it means Wolves benefit

It’s very yawn fest 2023

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you imagine if every time someone made a claim about a player we are signing by a certain date that turns out not to be true and mixers just reply to them 'You lied to the forum, you are a liar' I think the mix forum would combust.
People do actually do that though, it's why a lot of posters won't stick their neck out and mention things they have been told in here because of the childish reaction it gets in case it doesn't happen.

The same was said of Liam Keen when we triggered the Semedo extension, because it didn't fit people's ideas of what the truth should look like.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t like the ultra transparent “I told you so-ism” that comes out around times of adversity.

It’s two fold and emotional protectionism

1. Things go as apocalyptically bad as you forecast time and time again, and you get to call yourself a visionary

2. Things don’t go down your written path of doom and you’re therefore happy because it means Wolves benefit

It’s very yawn fest 2023
I haven't forecast anything if Lop stays, my point is that if he leaves then the club will be in disarray, with a managerial vacancy that is unlikely to attract high quality applications and self-admitted financial issues to grapple with.

It's a perfect storm. More than entitled to express my concerns if I so wish, the club would be sleepwalking into the abyss in such a situation. Not going to call myself a bloody visionary if things go to ****, that's just a classic tactic used by people to shut down those with dissenting views, now that's a yawn fest.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
I haven't forecast anything if Lop stays, my point is that if he leaves then the club will be in disarray, with a managerial vacancy that is unlikely to attract high quality applications and self-admitted financial issues to grapple with.

It's a perfect storm. More than entitled to express my concerns if I so wish, the club would be sleepwalking into the abyss in such a situation. Not going to call myself a bloody visionary if things go to ****, that's just a classic tactic used by people to shut down those with dissenting views, now that's a yawn fest.

Body of work etc

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If lop walks then they will appoint another Lage type manager imo. As Shi won't want Gattuso saying in the press where are the signings like lopetegui.

They will go for a manager that's a yes man .

So probably the Porto under 12s goalkeeping coach or the kit man

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But the rumour has always been we needed to make 50 million this window. We're currently at, like 43 million or something.

I'm sure we're also end up spending too. We always do. It's just not going to be a big window.
no one knows where we are
money wise without knowing the exact structure of deals we have done.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What he is doing is guaranteeing that if things go wrong Shi is slap bang in the firing line.
Maybe that's already Fosun's plans. Maybe they aren't investing much this window because they've given Shi a ridiculous amount of funds for a club our size and our transfer history is quite poor. Maybe they're seeing what he can do on a shoestring budget this season and if he can't keep us in contention by January, maybe he's sacked and we bring in someone else and they get some backing.

We have no idea their plans. We just know that Fosun have invested a huge amount of money SINCE Europa League, and we've only got worse.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If lop walks then they will appoint another Lage type manager imo. As Shi won't want Gattuso saying in the press where are the signings like lopetegui.

They will go for a manager that's a yes man .

So probably the Porto under 12s goalkeeping coach or the kit man
Hilarious but also likely!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a matter of interest, does anyone know how many PL managers or head coaches have actually 'walked' before the season started since, say, the turn of the century?

Any?

floydstreet

Reaction score
Jeez the panic on this site

Julen leaves he gets replaced
The squad is decent neves aside it was a mid table team in H2

New signings of Fabio Doherty sasa and neto fit
Now settled players like Matteus, gomes and Cunha
Improving young players like Bueno toti hodge Fraser

We have a tough start to the season which concerns me, because if the stands are close to on here they’ll be stadium meltdowns and negativity to do it’s best to relegate us.

With some positive and underdog spirit (think why we were so good at home last season second half) we could have a decent season whilst we reset finances.

Time to chill, remember how many seasons we’ve watched much worse and if nothing else get behind unconditionally ever player. They need us more than ever !

Back
Top Bottom