Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been told for a bit that Scott’s preferred choice is to join us. Podence much like Johnny are hard players to get rid of purely as they’re on big wages and the latter is a gamble even on a free with his injury record.
Our only hope with jonny is saudi, or we have to pay towards wages. Tbh he'd be a good loan target but unfortunately injuries put an end to his career really.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t shoot the messenger I pass this in utmost good faith but my ITK says Scott deal is back on and to be concluded after the weekend.
So crazy conspiracy theory whatever…..

But could the fall out from the statement (hasn’t been all positive comments) plus the speed of the JL walking news stories into the MSM, have caused this?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I've heard, it's not going to get any better this season. But, Hobbs has been to China and with Lopetegui still putting pressure on. Maybe we can squeeze something out. FFP is a big factor in this win
Don’t shoot the messenger I pass this in utmost good faith but my ITK says Scott deal is back on and to be concluded after the weekend.

I heard we do have FFP issue but it's been mainly down to Fosun wanting some money back after they've viewed us as a bad investment. With Hobbs going over to China earlier this week and Lopetegui pushing too. Hopefully they've convicted to them to free up a touch of money. Just to help protect the investment!

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I've heard, it's not going to get any better this season. But, Hobbs has been to China and with Lopetegui still putting pressure on. Maybe we can squeeze something out. FFP is a big factor in this win

I heard we do have FFP issue but it's been mainly down to Fosun wanting some money back after they've viewed us as a bad investment. With Hobbs going over to China earlier this week and Lopetegui pushing too. Hopefully they've convicted to them to free up a touch of money. Just to help protect the investment!
Fosun do not view Wolves as a bad investment whatsoever.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not wolves themselves but the recent investment they've put into us, they're not happy with the outcome
Surprised Jeff hasn't been swapped out for some other suit by now. I suppose a possible profit on Silva and Nunes next summer would make things look a lot better, but right now Wolves must look like a money pit to Fosun.

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
But I thought he regards Wolves as a club that is going backwards?! (Tongue in cheek comment as one poster yesterday alluded to the fact Scott sees us as a shambles and backward step compared to Bournemouth)

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not wolves themselves but the recent investment they've put into us, they're not happy with the outcome
Which is true - we totally messed up last summer and not surprised they want to see things done better.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
if being played behind bentley i wouldnt be surprised if he's not happy

I can't see how Sa stays if Lopetegui stays - plainly unsuited to the demands of playing out from the back and the GK being comfortable on the ball.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly I doubt Nuno feels too inclined to do us any favours after the way we treated him.
Wolves he might be inclined to do a favour. Fosun and particularly Jeff Shi though could well be a whole different story....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.. hopefully has legs.

Edit: just googled Alex Scott and looks like he has 2 of them.
Even the previous much-maligned (probably for good reason) Wolves medical staff would hopefully notice if that wasn't so...

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our only hope with jonny is saudi, or we have to pay towards wages. Tbh he'd be a good loan target but unfortunately injuries put an end to his career really.
Thought most loans the parent club still contributed a percentage of the wages. That closer it gets to the season the more likely its too happen to save on the wages.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe his decisions are informed by wanting to play alongside Portuguese and Brazil internationals.. and not the Daily Mail?
Well he only has to listen to Lopetegui unfortunately.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if being played behind bentley i wouldnt be surprised if he's not happy
But to be fair, squad players also need match sharpness, too, and several other squad players played on Wednesday so i dont see that as a big deal. And the new GK coach needs to assess his group, too.
More relevant is the fact that these rump#ours have been around since the end of last season, I thibnk, and there were rumours of a Forest bid a few weeks ago.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been told for a bit that Scott’s preferred choice is to join us. Podence much like Johnny are hard players to get rid of purely as they’re on big wages and the latter is a gamble even on a free with his injury record.
Could we move Jonny on if we continued to pay part of his wages for the remainder of his contract period with us? Not ideal, i know but better than nothing and gets a non-HG player off the books.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are still in the PL!!! And going forward the best we/ they can realistically expect is that we continue to be and at the outside have a bit of a cup run and, maybe, make the Europa Conference League once in a while.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is true - we totally messed up last summer and not surprised they want to see things done better.
Hobbs was appointed in November ISTR and we seem to have done far better since then.
Hopefully the recent trip to China convinced Fosun of that, too.

Back
Top Bottom