Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Luton

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Playing some tidy stuff and bossing the game other than a few crosses into the box by Luton on the break. Liking the look of Boubacar and Pitbull in the middle and a couple of nice interchanges by Sasa and Fabio. My only gripe so far is why have we suddenly stopped putting crosses in the box when he finally have a centre forward in there who can get on the end of them! Only us!LOL!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Silva pick of the bunch for me so far. Nunes good in bits, lots more movement so far but want far too many touches in front of goal and the defence looks very very naive to the point that we will need to start scoring a fair few to win games as they'll get punished regularly if it doesn't pick up

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well for 30 minutes.

I thought it would take Doherty 2-3 months to get in ahead of Semedo, turns out it should have taken him two games!

This is our second team and Doherty, Ait-Nouri, Gomes (or Traore) and Silva are all comfortably ahead of the players picked ahead of them in the supposed first XI.

As soon as Lopetegui picks that proper team we should have a good shot at staying up.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh they have. Three efforts, all crosses from Giles.

I’m still scratching my head why we sold Giles. His crosses are far better than we can muster.

Giles crosses aside, we are by far the better team in that half. But for a bit more confidence in front of goal, we’d be two or three up.

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We have played well so far. As usual not threatened the keeper. Good interchanges in the box on edge of area. Just need to shoot.

Doherty has been a bit poor and Gomes looks a bit off the pace.

Decent work out first half. Officials awful, started early
Doherty poor?

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team is playing with more intensity than last season, even though the team is made up of squad players rather than first team players, hope we can put the ball in the net. Silva and Sasa combine well and they are a treat up front, they will get better the more they play.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Luton have looked remotely like scoring - Bentleys not made a save?
To be fair I'm in the North Bank so it's difficult to see but it looked like their number 11 was a miscontrol away from a tap in, and they headed over from a decent Giles corner.

We've looked bright but still haven't really forced a save ourselves. Sasa and Fabio have looked dangerous at times though.

molineuxmen

Groupie
Reaction score
Silva is not slow. He looks a lot faster and stronger. Really hope we keep hold of him. He tries the one touch quick passes which creates havoc. I enjoyed that first half. Many have said it but i think we are 3 players away from a good squad. Central defender would be 1st signing on my wish list

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly don't know about that first 45

We were either really ****, or there were some promising signs

I can't put my finger on it

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played some good stuff. Fabio’s movement is such an improvement on what we had last season.

Been impressed with him, Traore, both full-backs and Hwang.

Silly challenge from Joao Gomes for the booking.
It was the 8 shirt virus.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Silva is not slow. He looks a lot faster and stronger. Really hope we keep hold of him. He tries the one touch quick passes which creates havoc. I enjoyed that first half. Many have said it but i think we are 3 players away from a good squad. Central defender would be 1st signing on my wish list
Liking how silva makes a run then collects the ball without breaking stride or slowing down. Good stuff. RAN making lots of wrong decisions, but other than pretty good half.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Funny how people see the game differently. Thought we went right off the boil for the last 15 and Luton got themselves some good opportunities.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Not what I’m seeing. He’s defended well, and caused problems going forward….
Football all about opinions haha tbh I was behind Luton goal first half. Have a better look at him this half. Attacking wise wanted him to overlap more as he had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom