Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves for sale?

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do we think they are willing to walk away with. A break even, small profit, substantial profit? Initial investment was 40m i think. Then they wrote off loans of circa 140m from memory. And invested last summer as well, albeit seems we are recouping most of that back through player sales now.
They must have spent at least 300 million in total over the years. I'd imagine they would want something over that figure

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A football club could become the must have accessory for Hollywood A Listers. George Clooney, anyone? The Rock?
Or failing that Kevin Spacey could put a bit into us.

surreywolf

Reaction score
I think the way things have suddenly accelerated is very telling - as others have suggested, Fosun recouping their outlay before selling?

Lopetegui openly critical of owners (knows he won’t be sacked?) as transfer clock ticks down - yet he stayed for some reason? Does he know what could be coming?

Can’t also help but to think this could linked to other talk and rumours circulating eg Man U ownership, other investors looking to get into PL

The impending disaster hasn’t happened yet and it’s vital Lopetegui and the squad have a decent start, so we remain an attractive proposition - otherwise Fosun really will lose out on their investment

Sliding doors moment coming up. Never dull is it?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been open to selling a minority stake for a while but as is understandable, any potential investors want full control of the club and I'm not sure FOSUN are willing to give that up.

They should though, because there's a real risk of relegation within the next few seasons which would wipe out much of the club's potential sale value.

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is not a new revelation, and recall reading a good while ago that Fosun were open to either a partner or sale. I think the reality is that most clubs are buyable given the right offer. The question being are we an attractive enough proposition for a new investor/buyer?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So they are clawing all the penny's they can get from player sales this window then and cutting and run....
I guess it's their way of making the club as appealing as possible to any potential suitors???
Lower running costs, no debt, increased income.
Is that more attractive than a team full of highly paid superstars, saddled with debt and low ticket/season ticket/membership and merchandise prices?
I guess so.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We urgently need someone decent with deep pockets to come along. Need this lot gone asap. Not fancying our chances on that though. Have a horrible feeing about this getting messy for us tbh
We haven't had anyone with deeper pockets so far. Doesn't mean it can't happen.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just how attractive of a club are we to buyers that's the question.

The stadium is in dire need of attention
The squad as a whole needs upgrading
The area itself is a crap

On the plus side, the training ground is good
We already have a top manager/DoF
The Brand and the image are there.

Then there's the question what happens with the shoddy eSports, record label etc ? That come with the club ?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess it's their way of making the club as appealing as possible to any potential suitors???
Lower running costs, no debt, increased income.
Is that more attractive than a team full of highly paid superstars, saddled with debt and low ticket/season ticket/membership and merchandise prices?
I guess so.
I think clearing the debt is the main angle.. they wouldn’t want sale proceeds to go towards that ideally.. and do any of these player sales really affect the value of the club?

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won't be long before players start buying clubs.
Maybe Mbappe will buy us.
David Beckham is already owner and part owner of Inter Miami and Salford FC..
With the money Ruben Neves is acquiring over the next few years or so he could be able to buy the Wolves the love he has for us..
We could be back in the Championship by then and be a cheaper proposition for him to buy also?

Last edited:

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To my economically-uneducated eye the new Saudi money that’s washing through football could help Fosun achieve their aim of profit through player trading. Therefore, despite current concerns over their wider businesses, if Fosun are able to hold on to us for a while longer, I imagine they will do. The dream of being able to bring cheap players in then flip them for profit has been opened up with the new Saudi market. Mendes is in deep over there so it could be the perfect market for that.

We buy (Mendes makes money), we develop (we benefit), we then sell (Fosun and Mendes make money), we then reinvest (Steve Bull stand gets painted).

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sir Jim Ratcliffe was to miss out on Manchester United, would he be viewed as a suitable candidate, in the unlikely event he came knocking?
Merely hypothetical, as I say, it's highly unlikely, as I believe he's an MU fan.
He is a ManUre fan, but didnt he express an interest in Chelsea when Abramovitch moved on?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just how attractive of a club are we to buyers that's the question.

The stadium is in dire need of attention
The squad as a whole needs upgrading
The area itself is a crap

On the plus side, the training ground is good
We already have a top manager/DoF
The Brand and the image are there.

Then there's the question what happens with the shoddy eSports, record label etc ? That come with the club ?
I don't think even the Arabs would have the vast billions needed to improve the area because you're right it is and always has been an utter dump.

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if this is why Julen hasn’t walked because he knows we’re going to be taken over?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Beckham is already owner and part owner of Inter Miami and Salford FC..
With the money Ruben Neves is acquiring over the next few years or so he could be able to buy the Wolves the love he has for us..
We could be back in the Championship by then and be a cheaper proposition for him to buy?
The most optimistic post for a while! How about Neves and Nuno combine their finances, buy us with Mendes as a quiet partner, and in 5 years we rule the world!
As said on now deleted post, humph, it's a genuine shame it's come to this. Fosun have been brilliant for Wolves and we've had some of the best years since the early 80s. They need to tell the fans what's going on.
If its all over and the project is finished, so be it. We will stay as fans. But one thing I'll never forget is how, for some on here in particular, it was never enough. The bloody moaning when we were 7th 2 seasons running, constant demands for more, more, more!
Be careful what you wish for, but sometimes just be happy and yes grateful for what we get! Fosun have been great for us, much appreciated.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
If, and a big if, there is any substance in all of this and we are up for sale, then I'm hazarding a guess that potential new owners are already in the pipeline. Fosun will have spoken to enough potential buyers through their efforts for additional investment. We stayed up last season and secured Premier League football, and are now sorting out the overdue maintenance jobs ahead of the sale.

With Jorge in the mix, there's probably been ongoing discussions at a number of levels for some time. It's not like we've only just posted it on world football's equivalent of Rightmove.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many journo's out there speculating on the state of the club whilst the owners meantime remain tight lipped.
It would be useful right now to hear something from the horses's mouth, so to speak.

For now I'll turn my attention to the Ashes and wait on developments, if any.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If, and a big if, there is any substance in all of this and we are up for sale, then I'm hazarding a guess that potential new owners are already in the pipeline. Fosun will have spoken to enough potential buyers through their efforts for additional investment. We stayed up last season and secured Premier League football, and are now sorting out the overdue maintenance jobs ahead of the sale.

With Jorge in the mix, there's probably been ongoing discussions at a number of levels for some time. It's not like we've only just posted it on world football's equivalent of Rightmove.
Or Facebook marketplace ;)

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
As this Tweet (Xeet?!) alludes, the original story is from an article on The Athletic. Whilst Steve Madeley is much derided on here, sometimes rightly so, the article he wrote with Matt Slater has some excellent detail, statistics and insider information from people involved in football finance. Worth a read if you can access it.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing new in this at all
Sensationalist headline back up with hearsay and speculation
We already know Fosun have been looking for minority investors for 3 years now
As for a total sale im sure they will consider a realistic bid, last i looked we were valued at £350 mil
Whos gonna buy a football club at that price in the current financial market?
The arabs are building their own league up ,why buy a money pit of a football club here?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many journo's out there speculating on the state of the club whilst the owners meantime remain tight lipped.
It would be useful right now to hear something from the horses's mouth, so to speak.

For now I'll turn my attention to the Ashes and wait on developments, if any.
This has come from the club.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And Mendes seems to have his finger in the Saudi pie.

Back
Top Bottom