Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

2023/ 2024 Kit

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t imagine this will sell well. Just not a Wolves colour for me.
Hopefully the home and third kit are better.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Our away kit should always be predominantly white or black and they can save the experimental colours and designs for the third kit. Our best recent away kits have been the white W88 kit from 2018 and the black with gold pin stripes one from 2019. To have our proper away shirt as red, a colour we have no association with and that clashes terribly with the old gold colours of our badge, is a mistake.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why didn't they do it in black then the home shirt in gold . It's basics to me but that's why Jeff Shi is chairman appointing Lage and Zenga and nearly Beale . Surprised actually they haven't leveled the Steve bull and built a 24hour NCP to make extra funds . Then match day people just stand and watch from the levels.
I'm alright with that, is it BOYOB?

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet no one will moan when we win in it! ;)

It’s rather different and just like away kits of the past, I bet people will begin to warm to it in the coming months.

Consistency in colours of the sponsors and Castore’s logo is badly needed though, not least with the Gold working quite well on the red background.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's one the worst tops we've ever had, a ****ing monstrosity, and we've had some stinkers. And as to the club's rationalisation for the red tat kit: we're not a 'Mediterranean' (!) / Iberian club, and as if any of our well paid and well loved Portuguese players don't feel comfortable enough here; it's just a gimmick. An overused term I know but... it's tin pot.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's black and white to me, in that I prefer our away shirt in black or white. Although, I don't think it's too bad as a shirt in general, but would have been better as a 3rd kit. God knows what colour that'll be!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long into the season until we all start getting emails celebrating next season's number 15 scoring and offering a 15% discount on the away shirt?

Edit: looking at the fixture list, scrap this.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't buy it or wear it but I actually don't mind it!

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Colour nothing to do with Wolves? Check. **** pattern? Check. Random patches and piping? Check. Another crap Castore shirt? Check.
Wolves team's original colours upon formation were red and white, adopted from the school colours of St Lukes, for much of their history their home colours have been their distinctive old gold shirts with black shorts.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Football shirts will always be subjective.Can you imagine the reaction on here if we introduced the brown monstrosity that Coventry had in the 1970’s ?People may not like this but that was hideous

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Not one for us legacy fans. Can't see too many wanting to rock a Walsall top down Molineux. What next? Claret and Blue? Must be banking on it being popular amongst our overseas armchair fans who won't be as embarrassed to hang out with their Man U, Liverpool supporting mates.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not one for legacy fans.

Spanish/Chinese/Portuguese influence as others have said.

Hesitant to buy it but then I regret not buying the Portuguese themed one which is now £100+ on eBay.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well to be fair, it does have a Portuguese vibe to it with the colours. Not quite as obvious as the dark red third strip from a few seasons back. But I’m struggling to remember if we’ve ever had a red away (second) strip?
2009-10 predominantly white with some red.
But our first kit was red and white stripes '83 - '91

(that's 1893 - 1891)

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's surely not that bad?

Not exactly a classic I agree.

What am I missing?

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
It's a shirt and tbh it ain't that bad we have definitely had worst..more importantly is what kind of a squad we will have come start of the season.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not one for legacy fans.

Spanish/Chinese/Portuguese influence as others have said.

Hesitant to buy it but then I regret not buying the Portuguese themed one which is now £100+ on eBay.
South Korea play in red too. It has to be aimed at the foreign market, I can't imagine Jeff and co signed off on this if it wasn't going to sell somewhere in the world.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Atleast it will look good when on holidays in Spain, the locals might even give you thumbs up...

Still looks terrible, no hiding here!

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
This particular shade of red is such a common colour I don't see the logic.

Why any Wolves fan would cough up money to don the team colours of Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U or Forest is beyond me.

Wolves are blessed with a unique colour - so wear that colour with pride.

For me, our away shirts should be white or black. If they have to be another colour at least choose one that isn't commonly associated with another domestic team - the Portugal maroon kit for instance.

Mind you, there are some absolutely awful away shirts out there this season - the Newcastle green dazzle kit (where the club badge can't be seen because of the pattern). And the Man U stripped shirt is a shocker.

Back
Top Bottom