Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh... so we're just going to ignore what that regime does in terms of human rights? Seems it was a big deal to people when talking about the players going to LIV golf but when it's football it doesn't matter as long as we make money from them? Absolute double standards.
There’s not really a lot people can do in this particular situation though to be fair.

I guess the club itself could reject Saudi money but that’s never going to happen.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the hell are you on about? I know the region very well, having worked in the Gulf States for 10 years and been professionally involved with it for over 50. No way do I ignore or condone what the KSA does in terms of human rights. I was just comparing how the Saudis go about their business in the world of sport with other moneybags of the past like Kerry Packer. If you think I am in any way supportive of the Saudi regime, I can only conclude you are semi-literate or attempting to points score (as usual). If Neves wants to play in Saudi, good luck to him. I have never set foot in the place and have no desire to.
You are clearly missing the point.... but there again, you mostly do. Have a nice day.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't understand the loss of respect attitude towards Ruben by those (most of us I guess) who have never met him and have no idea why he has decided on this move. He has never given less than 100% for the cause and has always shown total civility and politeness towards fans. In time we will wonder how he ever played for us and for so long. Sad but not a shock.
"Most" ?
I would say it's a minority imo.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Of course we are.He ony has a year left on his contract.He’s bin loyal to wolves for 6 years .He wanted champions league football and he probably thought he was gonna sign for Barcelona.In his interview the last game of the season he said everyone knows what I think of this club,my wife and children who were born here love it.But I’ve never kept it a secret that I want to play champions league football.He also said he was not keen on joining another English club as he didn’t want to play against us.
I’d love it if he signed for another English club. It’s bad enough that he won’t be playing for us, but even worse that I won’t get to see him play again.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
I honestly believe, unless after 50 years supporting Wolves I can't spot a top notch star, the big massive football world out there doesn't realise how good a player he is.

It must be because he plays for such a low profile club like us he isn't a regular starter for Portugal, is hardly ever mentioned in big club rumours.
Well sorry to them all they've missed a star and in a way Ruben has because he should be excelling in the Champions League and captaining Portugal.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly believe, unless after 50 years supporting Wolves I can't spot a top notch star, the big massive football world out there doesn't realise how good a player he is.

It must be because he plays for such a low profile club like us he isn't a regular starter for Portugal, is hardly ever mentioned in big club rumours.
Well sorry to them all they've missed a star and in a way Ruben has because he should be excelling in the Champions League and captaining Portugal.
The strangest part is that his poorest 2 seasons in a Wolves shirt, when Moutinho was the boss of our midfield, but Wolves were in the ascendency.. he had many suitors.

Just goes to show how trendy the whole thing is.. Brighton being the plump chicken right now.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t believe this idea has gained momentum. If the rumours are true he’s close to 500k a week. Is this was a route around FFP then Newcastle would NEVER pay him that amount.
Some people just live in their own little UK bubble.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s not really a lot people can do in this particular situation though to be fair.

I guess the club itself could reject Saudi money but that’s never going to happen.
I totally understand why players will take the money. I also understand why clubs and businesses will do so as well.
However, the furore towards players in the golf world when they joined LIV was altogether different to what we see in the football world.
Where money of this type is branded about, it changes people and it changes sport. Whether that turns out to be a good thing or not, only time will tell.

Being somewhat involved in the media business and covering parts of the PGA tour, I find it interesting how human rights was brought up as part of the reason why golfers shouldn't go there but footballers can do so without challenge. Mickelson even called them "scary ************s" but still took their money. There was plenty of outcry about that and others who made that decision.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hahaha! You post a load of illogical confused crap and tell me I am missing the point. You really are a prize prat.
And there you go again with your name calling because you don't have the intellect for the conversation.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For us at Wolves the main thing at this particular moment is that the club gets top dollar for a player with a year to go on his contract. We wouldnt want to be scratching around at the end of the window trying to offload him. I'm surprised that he would go to Saudi but if the reported 25m per year tax free is true then he'd be crazy no to go. I'd be on the next plane for 1% of that! While Ruben is worth a bob or two he has a young family and that kind of figure is hard to turn down.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For us at Wolves the main thing at this particular moment is that the club gets top dollar for a player with a year to go on his contract. I'm surprised that he would go to Saudi but if the reported 25m per year tax free is true then he'd be crazy no to go. I'd be on the next plane for 1% of that! While Ruben is worth a bob or two he has a young family and that kind of figure is hard to turn down.
There is no personal income tax in Saudi Arabia on foreigners (though you may be liable for income tax on foreign earnings in your country of origin, e.g USA).

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Can’t believe this idea has gained momentum. If the rumours are true he’s close to 500k a week. If this was a route around FFP then Newcastle would NEVER pay him that amount.
I think the whole concept is a load of rubbish, it's pretty clear that the Saudis want their own league to grow. However, just for the sake of argument, they could loan him to Newcastle and only ask them to pay a portion of his wage. None of this is going to happen though (I think!)

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d love it if he signed for another English club. It’s bad enough that he won’t be playing for us, but even worse that I won’t get to see him play again.
Suppose you would like him to score an hat trick against us.I’m a wolves fan first and foremost and all I’m bothered about is my team.

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Good luck Ruben, I hope the move works out for you and you become a big star out there as you have here.
I am surprised you’ve gone there but, it doesn’t look like champions league teams fancied you even though with only a year left on your contract they didn’t want to pay £25m, their loss.
Perhaps this is mendes way of saying I’m still here to help wolves, which of his clients have we been linked with lately? No surprise if a couple will now be coming ‍♂️

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey,the Neves transfer just on BBC Midlands News. 47 million quid, a Wolves all time record, and I guess this is cash up front, not installments like the Jota deal. Would that latter deal be the previous club record?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We knew he was gewin,yow’v all had wiks to shed ya tears.Thanks for everything Ruben but the most important thing for me is the money we are getting for him.If yam looking at this forum Ruben and ya miss us,we will have ya back in a heartbeat.Good luck to you and your young family on your next journey in life.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a sad time for me. I just hope that one day he will return. In the meantime i hope he enjoys his time in the desert and his family settle well.
I'm pleased that we were able to broker a profitable deal to help with the FFP and hopefully give JL a chance to create a new era with another top class player or two.

Hazza

Reaction score
What a star he has been for us and now generates a massive fee.

Thank you Neves.

Fill your boots son.

My favourite moment was Hull away, when he scored that goal i believed!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got to admit there was a small part of me that thought he'd still be here next year if moves fell through again like last year. The greatest player I'll probably ever witness in a Wolves shirt, and I wish he'd gotten the Barcelona move he dreamed of and deserved, but this move suits us due to circumstance, and it suits his family who will rake in £600k a week for three years (£90m).

He'll come back to play European football at 29 made for life as a free agent with his pick of clubs, and his parting present was to help us tremendously in the predicament we're in with FFP, because he could have easily held out for something else and we'd have gotten half of what he's worth.

Good luck and thank you for all of the wonderful memories, Ruben.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even at the end, he’s put the club first.

It’s sad to think we’ve ended up in a situation where we had to let him go for financial reasons, rather than one of the elite turning his head (although I suspect there’s a bit more about this deal to get him to that final destination).

I’m still not quite ready to read that official announcement, this fella made my dreams come true.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We knew he was gewin,yow’v all had wiks to shed ya tears.Thanks for everything Ruben but the most important thing for me is the money we are getting for him.If yam looking at this forum Ruben and ya miss us,we will have ya back in a heartbeat.Good luck to you and your young family on your next journey in life.

Ironically, he was all set to join Arsenal for £40m this time last year....

So in effect, we've loaned him for a season for negative £7m, and at the end of it made sure he won't be lining up against us next year.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dow count on it,the pamper wearers are saying he will be playing for Newcastle next season.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel bad for him on a football level, he's better than playing there but they are paying ridiculous money. He's set his family up for life. Can't really turn down that amount of money.

If you go, good luck Ruben. A Wolves great and you will be missed here.

Back
Top Bottom