Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserves his move and I for one have nothing but respect and admiration for him. Move to Saudi Arabia is a surprise given what has been said but meh… he’s given us much more than any of us ever expected. Good luck and see ya back here in 2 years…

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a stunning deal for both wolves and Ruben. The fee is a reported $55m (£47m) which does us a massive favour considering he only has one year left on his contract.

This must set him up for life financially, he is a family man so not going to miss clubbing or pub culture is he!

Hearing this news has actually made be feel a bit more positive about this coming season.

I have been a bit down beat, and some of you guys have rightly challenge me on some of the things I have said.

I don't know if it's down to losing my mom and dad earlier in the year, but I have been a bit down in general.

I am going to try to be a bit more positive.
Sorry for your losses, PMs always open

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odd because Neves said a few years ago he doesn't like hot weather and he preferred playing football in the UK climate to the Mediterranean. Apart from that..well, strange move all round.

They always say, at this level you have to move forward to stand still. Perhaps this is a part of the changes going on globally, the only definite is that things change.

A random thought, based on what friends who worked in Saudi said , combined with stereotyping of footballers. The lack of a boozy, party lifestyle may seem attractive to the younger Portugese players? Certainly not the deterrant it was to my friends, typical Brits who when asked about their time there always say "the money was the best ever, but ... no alcohol, can't live like that :(:(:(:(:(".

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, but this is pathetic Ruben. You wanted to leave to play at the highest level... At least before someone waved a big check in front of you. It is all about the money which is sad imo.

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry, but this is pathetic Ruben. You wanted to leave to play at the highest level... At least before someone waved a big check in front of you. It is all about the money which is sad imo.
I disagree, if you were offered 10k per week to work there for a year or two you’d decline?

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Fantastic deal for us for only a year left, Ruben earns silly money for a year or two. Everyone's a winner. Seen many calling him a mercenary, utter nonsense. The guy has sweat blood for us for 6 years and pretty much carried us the last 3. All the best to him, good luck Ruben sweet prince! x
giphy.gif
A mercenary, they need to **** off back to the baggies, the blokes has given his soul to wolves and still is... he wouldn't ever want to go for free and leave his wolves team in trouble. Legend, and will always respect the guy! All the best Reuben i'm going to miss you ! :-(

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really. We have no idea what, if any, other options presented themselves do we? Only thing I've heard was Barcelona who allegedly tried the usual lowball, ****housery tactics.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He could of sat out the remainder of his contract and joined Barca on a free if he wanted to.

Anyone slating him for this move really doesn’t understand the situation we are in as a club and how but this deal benefits us just as much as Ruben.

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
He was always going to leave - just a question of when, the fact that we (appear) to have secured a very strong fee given his contractual situation is tremendous for the Club coffers.
I suspect Neves has a very good eye for the bigger picture and is investing himself to be able to join a major European side within 2 years (sooner is likely) for a relatively modest fee while strengthening our position.

Good luck Ruben, I wish you continued success in your career and have enjoyed pretty-much all of your time wearing the Old Gold - thank you for all your efforts on our behalf - a proper man, and a proper footballer.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such an odd move, I'm not sure, I'm a bit disappointed for Neves' prestige.

But, it's a win-win. He'll have secured his families financial freedom for generations, and we've got well above his market value.

Thank you for your service, captain.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You honestly think he is doing this for the money ?

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He could of sat out the remainder of his contract and joined Barca on a free if he wanted to.

Anyone slating him for this move really doesn’t understand the situation we are in as a club and how but this deal benefits us just as much as Ruben.

And I'm sure Barcelona would've been pushing for him to do just that - they treat every other club with such disdain.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct. Bringing my girls to a society where females are treated like the characters in "A Handmaids Tale" would be out of the question no matter the pay.
Western women won't be treated like that.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's going to look ridiculously good playing in that league. He looks a different class in the prem on his best days.

T

TheConcourse

Alternative options for our boy:

1. Stay at Wolves, tread water for another 12 months.

2. Move to a bigger club, risk not making their starting 11 to potentially play in the Champions League where you might reach the QF’s.

3. Earn obscene money for 3 years and still be old enough to return and play for a Champions League club.

Absolute no brainer. He’s making the right move.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Odd because Neves said a few years ago he doesn't like hot weather and he preferred playing football in the UK climate to the Mediterranean. Apart from that..well, strange move all round.

They always say, at this level you have to move forward to stand still. Perhaps this is a part of the changes going on globally, the only definite is that things change.

A random thought, based on what friends who worked in Saudi said , combined with stereotyping of footballers. The lack of a boozy, party lifestyle may seem attractive to the younger Portugese players? Certainly not the deterrant it was to my friends, typical Brits who when asked about their time there always say "the money was the best ever, but ... no alcohol, can't live like that :(:(:(:(:(".
While there's certainly not much in the way of an open boozy party lifestyle in Saudi, there certainly is booze available if you want it; a curious number of folk often buy curious quantities of fruit juice, sugar & yeast. Strange the curious things that take your curious fancy in some curious contexts :cool:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a stunning deal for both wolves and Ruben. The fee is a reported $55m (£47m) which does us a massive favour considering he only has one year left on his contract.

This must set him up for life financially, he is a family man so not going to miss clubbing or pub culture is he!

Hearing this news has actually made be feel a bit more positive about this coming season.

I have been a bit down beat, and some of you guys have rightly challenge me on some of the things I have said.

I don't know if it's down to losing my mom and dad earlier in the year, but I have been a bit down in general.

I am going to try to be a bit more positive.
That’s more like the Cannock wolves we know.Sorry to hear about your parents though.Losing loved ones does make you feel lousy,and your last post certainly wasn’t like you.Stay strong marra.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you have any idea of the scale of favour he is doing us ?
And before it is said... yes he is that kind of man
It's just sad that this is happening to fotball imo. And... He would have gone to Barcelona if they offered half of that.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course he is going for the money, and if he is, so what, its up to him.
If he wanted to protect us he would just sign an extension to protect his value to us.
So he is doing this for himself and so he should if he feels its best for him, but doing it for Wolves? Do me a favour.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just sad that this is happening to fotball imo. And... He would have gone to Barcelona if they offered half of that.
He was never going to Barcelona. They ,at no point , had the money to buy him. He now knows that.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Can't believe how good this deal is for us,we would have been lucky to get £25m IMO and I dread to think what we would have got if he ended up at Barcelona.

I don't believe all this Newcastle conspiracy but even if he did go there we've still had £47m.

I'm wondering if Adama is thinking if Ruben can do it so can I.

It's made me forget the 2 lost wickets at Edgbaston at least.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he wanted to protect us he would just sign an extension to protect his value to us.
So he is doing this for himself and so he should if he feels its best for him, but doing it for Wolves? Do me a favour.
What would signing an extension do ? Delay the inevitable lack of money coming Barcelona ? It is only Barcelona that were ever interested.
So yes, he is doing it for his future, but personally, I think he knows what a favour he is doing us.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Friend of mine from University went to live in Saudi to work as the manager for a large scale farm. While he made a lot of money he also felt incredibly isolated and bored. No bar culture or even any alcohol, no dating etc.

He used to come visit me in Beijing every 6 months and have a crazy week of debauched “fun”. I just used to give him a spare key to my apartment and the spare bedroom. I don’t think he slept for those 7 days of each trip!

Neves however has an established family so it will probably be a different experience for him.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the Newcastle move has to be a real possibility. It would be a shame but at least we're getting a decent fee.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could not give a fig how much he will be earning that's entirely his business. The important thing is we are getting a great fee for a great player. Hope he gets some nice exposure that elevates him in the public's eye. He certainly deserves it. Furthermore he will be away from the ridiculous booking's from the clown referee's in the English Premier league.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Could not give a fig how much he will be earning that's entirely his business. The important thing is we are getting a great fee for a great player. Hope he gets some nice exposure that elevates him in the public's eye. He certainly deserves it. Furthermore he will be away from the ridiculous booking's from the clown referee's in the English Premier league.
pretty much exactly how I feel. We get a great fee, Neves gets a good move for him.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's going to look ridiculously good playing in that league. He looks a different class in the prem on his best days.
My concern is he'll be pinging those 60 yard balls, and the pub players he'll be with won't make the runs.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree. He's doing this move for the money to give himself and his family a fantastic lifestyle and future. The fact Wolves also benefit is a beneficial spin-off.

Back
Top Bottom