Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves

L78

Reaction score
One thing Brighton do is sell players at the right time, something we haven't done in recent times.
Plus brighton next player who he is replacing is normally right up to prem speed and usually the same if not better unbelievable jeff

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ye, everyone wins

Except Al Hilal

Not sure why they'd get into a deal where they pay 47m for a players services for one season
Because they've got tons of money to spend being one of the Public Investment Fund teams.

Al-Hilal were the team trying to get Messi for 400 million per year.

Al-Ittihad have made some huge signings this year AFTER winning the league in Kante & Benzema. Al-Hilal needs to make some signings to stay close to Al-Nassr if they want to compete for a Champion's League qualification spot.

I'm guessing Neves is the first domino to fall for them. They'll definitely be bringing in more big names.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Owned by Newcastle’s new owners. Quite clear he could be loaned back to Newcastle in the near future. Good way to get round ffp rules.
He's not going to Newcastle. Al-Hilal has money to spend. They were the team trying to get Messi. They missed out on Champion's League qualifications this year, so they're going to to want to compete more next year. Neves is the first domino, they'll be signing others. They were going to pay Messi 400 million per year.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely the modern Wolves hero.

Legend on the pitch, fantastic man off it, will go down in echelons as one of the finest to don the old gold.

Good luck big man, you'll be missed, but a massive thanks for this one final present.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic deal for us for only a year left, Ruben earns silly money for a year or two. Everyone's a winner. Seen many calling him a mercenary, utter nonsense. The guy has sweat blood for us for 6 years and pretty much carried us the last 3. All the best to him, good luck Ruben sweet prince! x
giphy.gif

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odd one on the face of it with but as much as I love him and it hurts, I was actually looking forward to him moving to a Champions League club, in the same way I did Jota (Neves imo is a better player too) so this is a bittersweet move really, £50m is good business for us with a year left on his deal, I had a feeling he'd see out his contract and have the pick of the clubs.

We signed him and Jota as a Championship club (which was ridiculous really) for a combined fee of £30m. We got three years out of Jota and six out of Neves. They have both been outstanding for us. We would not be where we are now if it wasn't for them. Combined we have got just shy of £100m back aswell, that is where nobody can tell me the Mendes link is a bad one.

Ruben, it has been an absolute pleasure. I am not going to even attempt to outdo my post of his signing which has gone down in Molineux Mix folklore almost, but such is the impact Ruben Neves had on me, this board, the entire football club. He has been superb and the way he has represented this club as somebody who came in and probably didn't realise who Wolverhampton Wanderers even was, is testimony to his character.

All the very best of luck meu amigo.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saved us in so many games on the pitch, and now saving us off of it.
Could have seen out his last year and gone to Spain. But no, the guy gets us alot of quid
This may be more Mendes 'saving us' or its a case of win win as Jorge gets a big fee and we get a better fee.
Say he would have been 30m in Europe, we get 47m here, Mendes pockets an extra 5m, but we are still 12m better off. Ruben agreeing to play there was the hardest part I assume, but then again he has form for odd career decisions......after all he did move from Champions League to 2nd division in England......

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would answer the question I had when I first read this, which was, what about his ambition to play in the big European club competition.
His desire is to play for Barcelona.We cannot strike a deal with them cuz they’re skint and ony want us to have their cast offs.He has bin quoted as saying he dow want to sign for another English team as he dow want to play against us.Don’t know how true that is though.We need it sorting out soon so we can get a warchest built up lol

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People suggesting he’s off to Barca next year after one year?
Just speculation really since it's no secret he wants to play there. But if Al-Hilal becomes a super giant, who knows, he may stay for billions of dollars lol

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People suggesting he’s off to Barca next year after one year?

We’re just speculating that the Saudi’s may be open to selling or loaning back to a European CL team in 1-2 years. For them, signings like this help to enhance the reputation of the league, and attract other talent in their prime. It’s the football equivalent of a restaurant in a competitive market filling up the window seats to attract passing trade!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His desire is to play for Barcelona.We cannot strike a deal with them cuz they’re skint and ony want us to have their cast offs.He has bin quoted as saying he dow want to sign for another English team as he dow want to play against us.Don’t know how true that is though.We need it sorting out soon so we can get a warchest built up lol
I can believe that latter part to be fair. Can see him not wanting to play for anyone in England but us.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odd one on the face of it with but as much as I love him and it hurts, I was actually looking forward to him moving to a Champions League club, in the same way I did Jota (Neves imo is a better player too) so this is a bittersweet move really, £50m is good business for us with a year left on his deal, I had a feeling he'd see out his contract and have the pick of the clubs.

We signed him and Jota as a Championship club (which was ridiculous really) for a combined fee of £30m. We got three years out of Jota and six out of Neves. They have both been outstanding for us. We would not be where we are now if it wasn't for them. Combined we have got just shy of £100m back aswell, that is where nobody can tell me the Mendes link is a bad one.

Ruben, it has been an absolute pleasure. I am not going to even attempt to outdo my post of his signing which has gone down in Molineux Mix folklore almost, but such is the impact Ruben Neves had on me, this board, the entire football club. He has been superb and the way he has represented this club as somebody who came in and probably didn't realise who Wolverhampton Wanderers even was, is testimony to his character.

All the very best of luck meu amigo.
At long last I’ve like one of your posts.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that’s the 50m

Then whoever else we sell we get their amount in full, and anyone we buy we split over length of contract

Assume we have sales of 50m after this - we could have a good window

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So great for us as I was resigned to accepting much less and it's early business. The books balanced and we move on.
Awful for Ruben footballing wise as he needs to be competing in the Champions' League, but great for his bank balance.
If he turns up back at Newcastle then we know football is even more corrupt than we suspected.
Couldn't agree more on all 3 points.

Even when leaving, he's a legend.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a great move for us in the circumstances but it’s a shame the project didn’t develop in such a way where he was the centrepiece for what could’ve been. Such is life.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This has been an option on the table for a couple of months now... the others being Barca, Arsenal and signing a new contract and waiting a year.

Ruben refused to do anything that would hurt Wolves, but would have joined Arsenal had they stumped up... but it appears Rice is their main target. Also, speculation that Arteta could be poached by PSG made him think twice, due to the uncertainty of a new manager there.

He's done right by us. Will always love you Ruben.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This has been an option on the table for a couple of months now... the others being Barca, Arsenal and signing a new contract and waiting a year.

Ruben refused to do anything that would hurt Wolves, but would have joined Arsenal had they stumped up... but it appears Rice is their main target. Also, speculation that Arteta could be poached by PSG made him think twice, due to the uncertainty of a new manager there.

He's done right by us. Will always love you Ruben.
Any news on incomings

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One factor for a lot of the players will be the great family lifestyle in the gulf states. Ruben is a family man and I’m sure that played it’s part.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One factor for a lot of the players will be the great family lifestyle in the gulf states. Ruben is a family man and I’m sure that played its part.
His family will go from a detached new build in Wolverhampton to a private Beach side McMansion most likely.. he won’t be there long imo, but good for him.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's not going to Newcastle. Al-Hilal has money to spend. They were the team trying to get Messi. They missed out on Champion's League qualifications this year, so they're going to to want to compete more next year. Neves is the first domino, they'll be signing others. They were going to pay Messi 400 million per year.
Can they play in the Champions league, surley they can’t be classed as a European club?

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised some that have blasted Newcastle haven't said we have taken money from the Saudis :)

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To anyone (and I have'nt seen anyone) saying Ruben is nowt but a mercenary then I say he is a Hero, look at it this way, He could have seen out his final year then left and had his choice of whoever he wants to play for for not 1 penny piece and earned himself a lifetime fortune as a signing on fee, instead he has agreed to go to Saudi for £47 million, yes he will still be on mega bucks but he had no need to make this move, I have a feeling (and I may well be wrong) that he has done this to not only help himself but to help the club. Ruben you are a god and I will never ever disrespect what you have done for our Club on the pitch and now off the pitch.
Ruben Neves thank you for giving me the best years of my later life and some glorious memories which I will forever cherish, may you and your family have everything that you wish for in life.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a stunning deal for both wolves and Ruben. The fee is a reported $55m (£47m) which does us a massive favour considering he only has one year left on his contract.

This must set him up for life financially, he is a family man so not going to miss clubbing or pub culture is he!

Hearing this news has actually made be feel a bit more positive about this coming season.

I have been a bit down beat, and some of you guys have rightly challenge me on some of the things I have said.

I don't know if it's down to losing my mom and dad earlier in the year, but I have been a bit down in general.

I am going to try to be a bit more positive.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just for a season.
He wants to go to Barcelona, but they are skint. He goes out east for a season, we get paid, he goes to Barcelona next season for free
Surely they aren't going to shell out £47m for a guy and give him a one year contract? I mean made of money I know but that's bonkers. Wonder how FFP works in Saudi :rolleyes:

Last edited:

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a stunning deal for both wolves and Ruben. The fee is a reported $55m (£47m) which does us a massive favour considering he only has one year left on his contract.

This must set him up for life financially, he is a family man so not going to miss clubbing or pub culture is he!

Hearing this news has actually made be feel a bit more positive about this coming season.

I have been a bit down beat, and some of you guys have rightly challenge me on some of the things I have said.

I don't know if it's down to losing my mom and dad earlier in the year, but I have been a bit down in general.

I am going to try to be a bit more positive.
Keep your chin up mate, sorry for your losses.

Back
Top Bottom