Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
This is it he came into a team that were bottom and shot of confidence and fitness. It’s not his players he’s had to be pragmatic and play in a certain way to get us out of the mess we were in. Which he’s done and done it better than most were expecting.
Next season is a fresh start with different players and julen will have had a full preseason to prepare no euros or World Cup to disrupt.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah next season will be the acid test. This season he was brought in to do a job and achieve safety, done it with plenty to spare, next season we need to see more of a pattern to our play
And consistency

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is it he came into a team that were bottom and shot of confidence and fitness. It’s not his players he’s had to be pragmatic and play in a certain way to get us out of the mess we were in. Which he’s done and done it better than most were expecting.
Next season is a fresh start with different players and julen will have had a full preseason to prepare no euros or World Cup to disrupt.
We‘d be in the championship without him and that’s a fact.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just fed up of the disrespect to the bloke who’s come into the bottom of the league club and kept us up just because Raul didn’t get five minutes at the end.
What are you, his mother? Raul, Johnny, and Mouts kept us out of relegation for many years. Have you already forgotten, Junior?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just fed up of the disrespect to the bloke who’s come into the bottom of the league club and kept us up just because Raul didn’t get five minutes at the end.
There seems to be a substantial group who are perpetually waiting to have a go on here, not sure why that is after what he's achieved. The Raul sub thing really is trivial. I do tend to be overly loyal to managers, but it does seem like there's a group keen for him to fail. Don't get that feeling at all at the match though

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There seems to be a substantial group who are perpetually waiting to have a go on here, not sure why that is after what he's achieved. The Raul sub thing really is trivial. I do tend to be overly loyal to managers, but it does seem like there's a group keen for him to fail. Don't get that feeling at all at the match though
The “Raul Situation” will probably now replace “6-0 to Brighton” as the main stick that certain negative fans use to bash Julen.

Julen has done a superb job in a tough situation. It was sad for Raul, but Julen has my 100% backing.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I love Lopetegui and I’m hugely respectful of the job he’s done. Raul should have played today though.

For years and years we’ve been desperate for players to care. Raul was a broken man at the end. He cares and should’ve had a farewell befitting of the man.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been very supportive of pretty much everything Lopetegui has done so far, but his treatment of Raul today was shameful.

The team has been playing better and getting improved results with Costa and Cunha up front - that's fine, no issues from me, in fact I supported that because even if Costa's personal contribution hasn't been particularly good, his positioning and intent were enough to bring better performances out of Cunha and more cohesion to our attacks. No problem.

But Costa has offered nothing when he's come on from the bench in any game this season, and he's barely offered anything when Cunha isn't alongside him. So why bring him on at that point? It didn't really make sense as a substitution, let alone taking the other occasion-specific variables into account.

Far worse, is to name a player who has done a great deal for the club on the bench, leave him warming up hoping he would get on, and then pointlessly use the full quota of subs in a game that we clearly weren't taking especially seriously. Completely unnecessary.

I know he's trying to stamp his authority on the club and I'm sure this was probably his payback for going to the world cup, but it's left a really sour taste with me, and beforehand I wasn't even bothered if Raul was on the bench or not, because that would arguably have been more acceptable.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has done a very good job but I am very sad about Raul and no sign of Jonny or Moutinho today. That is how I feel tonight.
Every squad player should have been at the Mol today JOS.

Last home match of the season and the opportunity to say thanks to the fans, who help pay their wages.

No excuses for them not to be there and a bit disrespectful if you ask me.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tend to remember the 2 fans he has. You're 1, his mum is the other but she doesn't post here.
This intense dislike of Hwang is very odd. You are just choosing to ignore the reality that he has been much improved since the World Cup and has played well.

Seems you just have a personal dislike for the player. I just hope this dislike does not come from a place of prejudice.

Last edited:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had to adopt a fairly pragmatic approach to games to get the wins we needed. The football was quite sterile. He succeeded in keeping us up which he described as “ my greatest ever achievement!”

Hello??

Nuno, in his last season, robbed of the goals of Doherty, Jota and Raul, and the services of Boly, Jonny and Neto for long periods, adopted similar pragmatic sterile tactics and kept us up in 12th place, and we ran him out of town !!!!!!

Go figure

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had to adopt a fairly pragmatic approach to games to get the wins we needed. The football was quite sterile. He succeeded in keeping us up which he described as “ my greatest ever achievement!”

Hello??

Nuno, in his last season, robbed of the goals of Doherty, Jota and Raul, and the services of Boly, Jonny and Neto for long periods, adopted similar pragmatic sterile tactics and kept us up in 12th place, and we ran him out of town !!!!!!

Go figure
Nuno had all his own players in his own team and wasn’t bottom of the league staring at relegation.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno had all his own players in his own team and wasn’t bottom of the league staring at relegation.

He also had a frankly awful transfer policy imposed on him that season. If anyone thinks he genuinely wanted to spend all his budget on a right back and a teenage striker who’d played 3 games in his life I’ve got some magic beans to sell you

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hello??

Go figure
Neto was injured after we were safe. Even though he did well we were 6th not bottom when Raul got injured. However, the club should have allowed him to recharge in that summer rather than appointing someone who’d won a competition to be on the Mendes carousel. The treatment of Nuno by some on here was disgraceful and ungrateful.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This intense dislike of Hwang is very odd. You are just choosing to ignore the reality that he has been much improved since the World Cup and has played well.

Seems you just have a personal dislike for the player. I just hope this dislike does not come from a place of prejudice.
Think it's more to do with him being more a Jimenez fan than a Wolves one as he always looks to put down a player that gets picked ahead of him (i.e Costa and Hwang).

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hello??

Go figure
WE!??

No some did, please don’t tarnish all of us with the same brush.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think you can be critical of his handling of Raul yesterday and still appreciate the job he has done and think he is a quality manager. Thats exactly how i feel right now.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto was injured after we were safe. Even though he did well we were 6th not bottom when Raul got injured. However, the club should have allowed him to recharge in that summer rather than appointing someone who’d won a competition to be on the Mendes carousel. The treatment of Nuno by some on here was disgraceful and ungrateful.

I always thought we should have stuck with him, but tbh, i think he needed time away from football after his last season here. It showed even more after those grubby spurs players downed tools on him, which they seem to do with alarming regularity with every manager. Nuno just seemed to have the weight of the world on his shoulders with what went on with Covid and Raul.

The move to Saudi Arabia, which again some on here have belittled him for for their own weird reasons, seems to have put the smile back on his face and he seems to be enjoying football again. Thats all that matters for me. He's got his spark back for the game hopefully.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised he's getting abuse. He admitted he made a sentimental mistake yesterday, and it is a shame. But he's performed wonders.

Like i said before, he's getting abuse for robbing the fans of their goodbye. I think thats totally fair tbh. I cant see how anyone can really abuse him for what he's achieved here though. He's done a fine job.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He also had a frankly awful transfer policy imposed on him that season. If anyone thinks he genuinely wanted to spend all his budget on a right back and a teenage striker who’d played 3 games in his life I’ve got some magic beans to sell you
Jeff Shi is the most culpable person for our recent struggles.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
My fear is with all the stuff coming out about him possibly not having the transfer window he envisaged, indicating that something possibly isn’t quite right behind the scenes. Now with the abuse he’s getting might just tip the balance and he’ll move to new pastures.

Yes it’s sad that Raul didn’t get 5-10 minutes on the pitch but the chants during and after the match surely showed him what he means to us and how loved he is.

I’m more disappointed in Moutinho, Jonny and Neto for not coming out after the game. Irrespective of whether or not there is a disagreement between them and Lopetegui again the chants during the match in my eyes should have been enough for them to put other stuff behind them for that short time and come out and acknowledge the fans.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Julen mentioned "the project" in the Everton post match presser. May be an interesting summer!
What he didn't tell you is The Project will require the sale of our best player and one of our first choice centre backs to get it off the ground...

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Hello??

Go figure
There’s no comparison at all nuno had a full season and got us to 13th julen got there with half as many games

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One thing that shouldn't be underestimated is how physically unfit we were when he came in. Plenty of players were done by 60 minutes. So huge credit to him & his staff for putting that right. Let's see what he can do with hi sown players and a proper pre-season. I'm optimistic...

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah next season will be the acid test. This season he was brought in to do a job and achieve safety, done it with plenty to spare, next season we need to see more of a pattern to our play
Weird you talk as if he was Rob Edwards and this was his first big opportunity, to be fair to him how many other elite managers would have put their reputation on the line and took on a club in the position and condition we were in 5 months ago.
Even Michael Beal didnt want to damage his unbeleivable standing in the game.

Back
Top Bottom