Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The first boots you wore as a kid?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I realise we all come from different generations and many will come from the era of only knowing ,Adidas,Puma and the like plus the multitude of coloured boots on offer these days.
My first pair of boots at school were ones called Winit Jupiter .Boots had moved on from the traditional over the ankle boots that required dubbin to keep them polished .Obviously I moved on to to more fashionable styles but back then boots weren’t the fashion accessory they have become today .
Anyone?

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t remember my boots, but I remember my headmaster in his leather rugby type boots with metal studs.

Very dapper with his 3 piece suit and tie.

He generally just refereed, but but occasionally help out the losing side

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Puma Kenny Dalglish Silver. Mint. Also won a pair of Lotto boots out of Match magazine when I was about 13. Had never heard of them.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a pair of Lotto boots first I think. Later tried adidas and Nike but settled on Puma kings. Kings were always the best for me.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
My Dad was a bit of a traditionalist and always insisted that I needed a boot with a ‘real leather upper’.

Started with Puma Kings and still have a pair of those now.

Have had brief flirtations with Quaser (during the time Bully promoted them), Copa Mondials and Nike Tiempos (the black and orange ones that Neves wore for the goal against Derby)…

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My very first pair were old fashioned brown leather and you had to hammer in the studs. In 1960 I had my first pair of so-called 'Continentals', all black and lightweight. The make was 'Winit Gagner'. I didn't realise at the time but 'Gagner' is French for 'to win'... and we did! Won the Wolverhampton Schools Bird Cup wearing them, season 1959-60. The same season Wolves last won the FA cup!

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First boots Quaser these were crap with luminous yellow on them, best and favourite boots Mizuno.

Last edited:

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No brand, make circa 1960...2nd hand, thick brown leather, that covered the ankles, steel toe caps, studs nailed on.
Same here hand me downs from older cousin leather studs nailed in

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
At the end of the 70's my dad (bloody tightwad!) bought me my first football boots, I think they were Gola(not 100% sure about this to be honest...) made mainly of some kind of softened rubber, apart from the heel, that was a bit more hardened. No leather what so ever used when manufactured...
They were godawful uncomfortable to wear, and looked dirt cheap. Fortunately I wasn't the only one one suffer, they were quite common back then.
As I live in Finland, it could be that they were "Made in Finland" only, and no other kids of this world were forced to use such tat?

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like a lot of the kids on our estate, we had two fist fills of **** all when growing up. Lived in a 3 bed with my mom, sister, brother, Nan, grandad, me and 2 dogs and we could only afford a pair from Woolworths. I vividly remember the embarrassment at school when taking them out for football and seeing what the other boys had. To try make them look better i painted 3 white stripes down the side using tipex :0

It was much later in life that I realised exactly how much those ****ty boots shaped me as a person. From appreciating my mom who went without essentials so we could have things. To dealing with insecurities from how you look or people may perceive you. And to making sure I came out of school as prepared and qualified as possible so one day I could take my son (and now daughter) to the sports shop to buy them a nice pair of boots.

A very special pair of completely ****e Woolworths boots, indeed.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea what they were but they were ankle covering ,cork studded ,brown leather monsters lol
My first pair of branded boots were Puma i think Ferenc Puskas name on them around 1962ish

caradon wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm with Jonzy. Also an Old Wulfrunian but also a vote for Winit Jupiter boots. After that I seem to remember Mitre boots.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My first boots were a bit weird they had white patches with numbers on them. On the heel toe instep to illustrate different ways to kick a ball. Probably came off a market in London. As my grandparents lived in poplar. I don't think they were 'Gola' perhaps they were 'Goal'.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent topic !!

My first pair were non-branded with high sides (to protect the ankle). These were followed by a pair given to me by my cousin.
He lived in Essex and the school he attended only played rugby and cricket so his "Terry Venables" black boots with blue laces found their way to me.
Representing the school team and then various teams in the Potteries leagues, I went very professional and Adidas became my favourite brand (my last pair I think were Adidas Penarol).
The only excursion away from Adidas was when I was besotted by the brilliant Brazil team in the 1970 World Cup and so to try and emulate the likes of Pele, Alberto and Rivelino, I bought a pair of Puma with a yellow flash (Puma Rio?).

My footballing days came to an end when a reckless tackle from behind fractured my tibia and fibula ( a real david Busst moment !).
As a consequence my Adidas Penarol were relegated to the loft and still remain there to this day.

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As with a few of our more mature mixers, my first pair of boots were the ankle hugging, dubbin-loaded, rugby-ish boots topped off with orange (nice) steel-toe caps and steel studs... each boot weighed about 40lbs on the Richter scale.

But my first 'proper' pair of football boots were these bad boys...

DHcWnuyXoAAjmOS.jpg

I may have assured my folks that these sleek side-lacing god-like puppies were the last piece of the performance-enhancing jigsaw and my future as a Dougan-esque top-flight footballer would be virtually guaranteed thereby ensuring fame, fortune and good times on easy street forever! And the rest, as they say, is history.

Last edited:

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like a lot of the kids on our estate, we had two fist fills of **** all when growing up. Lived in a 3 bed with my mom, sister, brother, Nan, grandad, me and 2 dogs and we could only afford a pair from Woolworths. I vividly remember the embarrassment at school when taking them out for football and seeing what the other boys had. To try make them look better i painted 3 white stripes down the side using tipex :0

It was much later in life that I realised exactly how much those ****ty boots shaped me as a person. From appreciating my mom who went without essentials so we could have things. To dealing with insecurities from how you look or people may perceive you. And to making sure I came out of school as prepared and qualified as possible so one day I could take my son (and now daughter) to the sports shop to buy them a nice pair of boots.

A very special pair of completely ****e Woolworths boots, indeed.
Spot on! Resonates with me. My school shoes were hand me downs from a cousin - sadly his school had brown shoes but my school wore black shoes...

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My first boots were a bit weird they had white patches with numbers on them. On the heel toe instep to illustrate different ways to kick a ball. Probably came off a market in London. As my grandparents lived in poplar. I don't think they were 'Gola' perhaps they were 'Goal'.
...Bata Power-Points...could have been my first proper boot

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 4

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Had a pair of Gola ones from Austin’s Sports in Bilston. My old man smothered them in Vaseline?? He told me it would preserve the leather by making them water resistant. Plastic studs I can still see them now. Made my day those boots did.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds the same as my first pair - second hand of course - the studs were wooden!
Never seen wooden but the boots we had handed down came from cousins born in the forties and the studs were leather,made up of layers of leathe glued together

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It just struck me you may not remember your first girlfriend but your first football boots and your fist pint , easy :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
All about priorities, oh and of course your first home and away match

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the boots mentioned on this excellent thread come from the time when ' Metatarsals ' as far as I knew were some army that fought with the Spartans and Troy back in ancient Greece !

My first boots were a pair of Stylo matchmakers handed down from my older brother !

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a pair of Quasers, dabbled with Nike, but once I had Adidas World Cups, never had anything else.

Back
Top Bottom