Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope one of the European teams. One in for Watkins. Then wait to hear the crap spouted that we cashed in at the right time . And Archer is better than Kane as a prospect. I can't wait ....

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Over on Villa talk they are very salty. They keep repeating to themselves that “We were the better team, we were better than Wolves”

Yes they had a lot of the ball but they didn’t create much at all. Whereas we really should have got a second (and possibly more) with the Cunha chance before half time, the Costa strike and when Nunes stepped on the ball when he should have scored.

We will finish above them next season.

Last edited:

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Turns out they're raging!

Mainly about the Nunes handball and Wolves 'celebrating like we won the Champions League'. Also for 'making Craig Dawson look like prime Paolo Maldini'.

Lovely stuff.

Vile fans always good value!

Sounds like an accurate description of Dawson tbf. :p

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad to hear my mate @Pagey got sucker punched by some Vile cowardly **** from behind, thankfully it had the all the weight of a preubescent child, rather typical I guess.
****s mate, things nearly got a bit nasty near the burger van behind the Asda

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness, they could and probably should have got a point, Mings missed a great chance, delighted with the win,thought the ref was a fussy **** though.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not pretty but a tactical master class from JL. We defended a few yards deeper than recent weeks to nullify Watkins pace. Plus Lemina and Neves snuffed out the supply to Watkins through the centre. Villa were forced out wide, which is the weakest part of their game, and Semedo and Toti gobbled them up. It was pleasing to see Dawson and Max get a head on anything swung into the box. It's that kind of resolute defending that makes 1-0 wins possible. In the end I though we deserved the win and perhaps should have added a second goal.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over on Villa talk they are very salty. They keep repeating to themselves that “We were the better team, we were better than Wolves”

Yes they had a lot of the ball but they didn’t create much at all. Whereas we really should have got a second (and possibly more) with the Cunha chance before half time, the Costa strike and when Nunes stepped on the ball when he should have scored.

We will finish above them next season.

Just need to ask themselves how many 'good' saves Sa had to make. One.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Enjoyed that, there was 5 minutes in the second half where Neto said, **** it, I'll do it myself, nearly got a goal from it too.

Home form is great, yeah villa had more shots, but they were chasing for 83 minutes. Couldn't believe it when they held up three minutes, neither could Dawson, who headed for the corner flag and kept it there as soon as he heard lol..

One more good performance against Everton if I'm being selfish to give the faces who might not return next season a send off..

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vile fans some of the most deluded and arrogant fan base in the country.
I've just spent some time on the train with some vile fans. Honestly some of the most reasonable fans I've ever met. I think people need to ignore the morons on social media, they're all divs, ours and theirs, and judge as you find...

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tight game. Could have gone either way. First half lucky to be ahead (Sa wonder save, Watkins header, possible pen). Second half more even and we had chances to score (Costa clean through and Nunes from Neto’s cross) but easily should have conceded to Mings.

Surprised they didn’t put us under more pressure in the second half.

Sa - 7 return to form with a fantastic save (flapped under an in swinging corner under real blip and kicking was good)
Toti - 9 goal scoring and marauding - caught once by Bailey
Semedo - 7 strong and linked up well
Dawson - 8 class (other than losing Mings at end and some wayward passes in the first half)
Kilman - 7 solid (other than being caught for Watkins chance)
Neves - 8 everywhere, particularly with press from front
Lemina - 7 swept up like Neves, defensively able, had a nosebleed at one point in second half when should have pressed on
Neto - 8 coming back to form with cross, looking forward to a fully fit Pedro next season
Nunes - 7 decent link up play, could have scored from Neto’s cross
Cunha - 8 slaloms his way through Villa’s defence Lila a downhill skier. Just needed a goal (from Costa’s chest down or if Costa had passed to him rather than shot) to cap performance. Quality player so long as playing with another.
Costa - 7 Diego Diego. Occupied Villa. Surely worth a 12 month extension.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overall, a typical match for the JL era. Compensated for our lack of quality in attack by being well organised, putting in a ton of effort and some heroic defending when it mattered. Graft a decent attack onto this foundation and next season should be a lot less anxiety ridden!

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
fabulous result and at this stage of the season that is all that matters,being really picky we need to be more clinical when chances are created,see Cunha and Nunes at least Costa hit the target.everyone played their part today and a wonderful save from Sa kept us in front.just a word on the vile fans,were they on a sponsored silence today?going for europe,local derby do me a cheesy will ya.all in all a thoroughly enjoyable day

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Fantastic battling performance. Another dreadful referee. I love how we’ve become masters of ****housing and time wasting. It’s all very clever and what a standout showing from Craig Dawson. MOTM by a country mile
Looking forward now to seeing other clubs sweat it out
Have to say I loved our rendition of GSTK but what the **** was that rap **** at half time. Horrendous. **** it off !!
Can someone phone the police? Someone has hacked Rosehill's phone.

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Listened to WM online after the match and read a few reports and stuff on forums. Anyone would think we just had a lucky goal from a set piece and created nothing else while it was like the Alamo on our goal. We we created some very good chances, arguably better than Villa's. Just three off the top of my head, the Cunha shot that went over the bar (should have scored), the Costa one on one (should have scored) and the Neto cross that Nunes got his feet caught up in instead of just tapping it in. It's almost as if our chances have been erased from memory.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Solid performance. Need more going forward but fantastic to be absolutely safe against the delusional Villa. The ref was poor again, giving almost everything to Villa though in fairness their players seem to be made of fairy dust and marshmallows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom