Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

South Bank Halftime Experience

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I'd just add this tale to those who feel they must have a beer at HT (or any time really). My son's partner is a nurse in ICU. Her patient last night was a 65 year old man who got ****ed up, fell out of bed drunk, broke his neck and is now paralysed from the neck down.
I don’t like how you’re insinuating people that drink at HT are **** cans.

I train bloody hard 4/5 times a week. I’m physically in good shape and only drink at the football. There’s no alcohol in my house.

I go down at half time to have a beer with my mates who are dotted around the South Bank and have a general whinge at how we haven’t turned up or VAR is ****e.

It’s not the customers fault it’s chaos down there……..

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coins seems a difficult one to justify. I can't remember the last time I received a 2p piece in my change :)
Suggest that if you want some coins that you go to a Spoons! Bitter about getting £16 worth of quid coins (plus a small bit of shrapnel) as change for a £20 note cos they said that they had no fivers or tenners? Moi? lol.....

W

WasStefan

Why do people feel the need for a beer at HT? Genuine question. Drink before the game, drink after the game, why HT? Surely it is possible to go 2 hours without a beer?
For me personally if im on a session and have 2hr gap between drink its a guaranteed head ache by full time

SL1 bar is a joke, feel sorry for the staff but the manager down there is just ****ing rude. Charged me £15 for 2 Madri yesterday, they lumped someone elses steak pie on my bill and as soon as i’d realised i’d already paid contactless.

Basically refused a refund. Pathetic to be honest. Told her to keep the fiver

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I'd just add this tale to those who feel they must have a beer at HT (or any time really). My son's partner is a nurse in ICU. Her patient last night was a 65 year old man who got ****ed up, fell out of bed drunk, broke his neck and is now paralysed from the neck down.
I really don't see what point you are trying to make other, perhaps, than pushing temperance. People fall out of bed whether they have had a drink or not. In any event what has that to do with having a pint at (or indeed before or after) the match?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I once sussed out the perfect answer to this problem, and its never bothered me since.
Don't Drink at football, .its only for a couple of hours aye.
To be honest l don't, not least because l refuse to pay the same for one pint as l would for two or even three in the pub.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last two times I’ve attempted to get something to eat inside the south bank before the game I was told they didn’t serve hot food till half time??

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Currently is absolutely woeful. If you don’t go down ten mins before the end of the half you don’t get a beer. There has got to be a solution like faster pumps or drinks that are ready or proper queues. If you went down at the end of the half you would queue the whole half time for a beer.

People standing in the only through routes purposely tensing up their whole body so you can’t get past need to get a massive grip! There is no room, so if you’re stood still in the middle (Why would you do this anyway!!!?!) You need to be prepared to let people past.

Just let fans take their drinks (in plastic containers) back with them to their seats. Like in Germany and many other countries. Or the like at the cinema in this country even.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just let fans take their drinks (in plastic containers) back with them to their seats. Like in Germany and many other countries. Or the like at the cinema in this country even.
.... and then we score and some idiots will be throwing beer everywhere....

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs is the gold standard for drinks. Absolutely top notch.
Does help it’s brewed inside the stadium but yeah, they’ve got it nailed there.

Arsenal they have plenty waiting.

West Ham they have little beer vendors dotted about with pumps.

I do wonder at times how we get a safety certificate with the state of some of our concourses.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t believe queues build up, the staff have a huge sense of urgency and move as quickly as possible. They even have hundreds of drinks pre-poured so they can fly through the first raft of customers, maximising revenue and keeping customers happy at the same time.

Sorry, I was thinking of another stadium.
Trouble is even the kiosks are too small , where would they put the pre poured drinks ? Grounds where they do this have a much bigger area behind the counter , even though the bottles were crap i preferred them cause i could go for a **** when there was a stoppage in the first half grab a bottle and Stick it in pocket of my coat until half time …

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be honest l don't, not least because l refuse to pay the same for one pint as l would for two or even three in the pub.
me too Wicked, although the franchise charge to the license holder would dictate the price, I refuse to pay those charges,
also used to hate missing any of the game which alone costs fortunes,

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people feel the need for a beer at HT? Genuine question. Drink before the game, drink after the game, why HT? Surely it is possible to go 2 hours without a beer?
End up with a headache if you stop for a couple of hours :)

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in the Steve Bull and tried to go for a drink at half time in the Arsenal game. Took the initiative and went down with five minutes of the first half left, returned to my seat ten minutes after the second half started. Total waste of time, the whole concourse in SBU is a waste of time at half time, even if I need to go to the toilet now I'll wait until a couple of minutes before the second half starts to go down, still generally make it back up for kick off

Pre-pouring drinks would make a huge difference, I can't even remember now how bad it was when we had to pay cash (plus when we paid cash I tended to have a few when going to the game!), but never remember it being this bad

Yorkshire Wolf

Reaction score
That’s a awful story but I don’t see the connection to this with having one beer at half time

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You really are special, aren’t ya.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't drink, so have no idea how much a pint costs, so I apologise in advance for what I say below.

Add £2 to the price of a freshly - poured pint, take off a £1 for a pre - poured pint, limit to two or three pints per person to make it manageable.

I have absolutely no idea if it's financially possible, but if queuing for beer is the issue, make pre-poured pints financially desirable.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Thought I'd just warn anyone who was thinking of getting out of bed this morning about that guy who twisted to get out of bed and severed a nerve and is now also paralysed.

Stay in bed for your own safety guys! Although there was that one guy who died in his sleep too...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a separate note, whenever I need a poo, the cubicles always seem to be occupied for most of halftime.

Can the club not just install mirrored shelves around the walls of the toilets, so those of us needing a number 2 can just go in peace.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a separate note, whenever I need a poo, the cubicles always seem to be occupied for most of halftime.

Can the club not just install mirrored shelves around the walls of the toilets, so those of us needing a number 2 can just go in peace.
So, the comments about South Bankers being full of...... were true lol.

Seriously, is there really that bad a problem there? If so the club need to know about it.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
here's a good solution, don't drink. The blokes who tense their buttcheeks are doing you a favour.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you get one in nowadays past the pat down?
Pat down? It’s a token gesture at very best. I’ve normally got pockets full of stuff (two vapes, vape liquid, wallet, mobile, glasses case, house keys and most weeks if not driving a hip flask ). They squeeze my pockets and have never once been asked to empty my pockets so I’m not entirely sure what they’re looking for.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Pat down? It’s a token gesture at very best. I’ve normally got pockets full of stuff (two vapes, vape liquid, wallet, mobile, glasses case, house keys and most weeks if not driving a hip flask ). They squeeze my pockets and have never once been asked to empty my pockets so I’m not entirely sure what they’re looking for

**** me, it's Pete's Pockets!!

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
The beer is not worth drinking anyway absolute trash. They advertise Salt brewery a goodish craft beer in the ground so why don’t they serve it?!!
They do in the North bank and very nice it is too, if bloody expensive.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Molineux is the only stadium Ive been in where they dont pre-pour, none of the staff seem particularly switched on tbh even when its relatively quiet pre-match, which probably isnt their fault individually they probably just need some training. I never bother with a HT beer but probably would if there was half a chance of doing so without having to miss a good chunk of the match.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Or convert some of the seats into commodes.

Back
Top Bottom