Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been at Brighton for less than 2 years and for all his talk about a poor family background, he is no doubt being well paid and able to look after them. He is just 21 years old and has a good career in front of him.

Brighton have looked after Caicedo, made him the player he is and he should show more respect and loyalty Imo.

Wilkipedia are already saying he is an Arsenal player, which must be worrying for Brighton supporters. They have seen Bissouma, Cucurella and Trossard sold for £120 million and Caicedo could go for around £60million.

Brighton just seem to be a breeding ground for the vultures of the Premier League!
Don't see the issue to be honest, Brighton only gave him a chance because they thought he would be an excellent footballer. It's not like they've been tremendously altruistic. He's leaving for a good chunk of cash.

If he was going on a free it would be different though

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If chelsea are bringing in all these players are there any strikers or right backs that are surplus to requirements there?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone can edit Wikipedia mate.

I don't like how Caicedo has gone about this at all though. He is a phenomenal talent and in my mind is worth more than the £60m Arsenal offered. They know they're a selling club, but their ability to replace talent is phenomenal. Their scouting is up there with the best in Europe and is the reason you could argue they're firmly the 8th best side in the league right now. Realistically, that's the peak for a club like Brighton.

A lot that we could learn from what Brighton have achieved over the past few years. We'll never be able to compete with the riches of the top six, so you have to make up for that with an elite recruitment/scouting team, to find untapped talent like Caicedo, Estupinan, Mac Allister, Cucurella, Mitoma, Trossard, Lamptey, Bissouma. Brighton spent less than £70m on that group of players, they got that back for Cucurella alone and are about to make the same if they decide to sell Caicedo.

We've spent £170m on Silva, Semedo, Hoever, Kaladjzic, Guedes and Cutrone over a similar time period. I don't want to speculate on what the collective value of that group is worth now, but it's not a pretty sight.
It's a hell of an ask to keep replacing your best players consistently after selling though. Saints were good at it for a while but it only takes a couple of duff signings for things to go very wrong very fast.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's a hell of an ask to keep replacing your best players consistently after selling though. Saints were good at it for a while but it only takes a couple of duff signings for things to go very wrong very fast.

Was just contemplating this.

Yes there will be succession planning but eventually a wrong decision will be made, money will be wasted or the big clubs will just send their scouts to spy on the Brighton scouts.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind Connor Gallagher but let’s face it chelsea will want 20/30m we aren’t going to pay that unless someone is leaving

If there's anyone I'd love us to go for it would be Keylor Navas, if Forest can get him surely we could? Unbelievable keeper and a massive upgrade on Sa.

Think we are well stocked on centre MIDs.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been at Brighton for less than 2 years and for all his talk about a poor family background, he is no doubt being well paid and able to look after them. He is just 21 years old and has a good career in front of him.

Brighton have looked after Caicedo, made him the player he is and he should show more respect and loyalty Imo.
It's reported that he's on around £3.5k p/w. Some Brighton correspondents say this has progressively gone up since he signed, but he's still on the same contract from when he was 19 so I can't imagine it's more than say £15-20k p/w - which in footballing terms isn't a lot.

I can more than understand him wanting to jump at the chance for a big move, where he'll have £100k p/w chucked at him & be able to set up him, his 10 siblings & the rest of his family up for life - Especially if he moves to Chelsea and they offer him one of those crazy 8 year deals like they've done with Mudryk & Badiashille.

Last edited:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind Connor Gallagher but let’s face it chelsea will want 20/30m we aren’t going to pay that unless someone is leaving

He's not really a CM in a double pivot. He'll have to be a 10 or a 8 in a single pivot. Chelsea have Kante and Jorginho leaving in the summer. They don't actually have anybody to play CM next season outside of Kovatic. Rest of the midfielder are like Gallagher and need to play higher up the pitch.

I think if he's available for £20-30m you take him! A lot of energy and wants to get in the box and score goals. Probably won't have Neves or Nunes next year so a midfield of;

Cunha- Gallagher-Sarabia
Gomes-Lemina

Maybe you spend on sombody to play ahead of Lemina.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When if ever are we going to sign a good striker?
As much as we would all like one the reality is it will be the summer when we sell players like Neves/Nunes
We have spent circa £150 million last 2 windows that needs to be balanced with more sales
I expect 2/3 big signings in the summer,dependent on what league we are in ofc, with 5/6 players moving out maybe more
I doubt we will spend any more this window unless we gat a loan in

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as we would all like one the reality is it will be the summer when we sell players like Neves/Nunes
We have spent circa £150 million last 2 windows that needs to be balanced with more sales
I expect 2/3 big signings in the summer,dependent on what league we are in ofc, with 5/6 players moving out maybe more
I doubt we will spend any more this window unless we gat a loan in
Seriously doubt JL would have come if the promise was we'll be balancing the books

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously doubt JL would have come if the promise was we'll be balancing the books
Absolutely right and we have backed him so far
Hes got his 6 players he asked for so thats 100% backing
Problem will always be FFP and that does need balancing im afraid

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think he will be realistic enough to know we will lose some players but as long as they back him in replacing them i dont think he will be overly worried.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves, fulham and forest have all bought young brazilian defensive midfielders for 20 million. Who got the best deal? Who is the most highly rated?

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves, fulham and forest have all bought young brazilian defensive midfielders for 20 million. Who got the best deal? Who is the most highly rated?
Hard to say till probably the end of the season.
No doubt they're all good players, will depend who settles the best thousands of miles from home and who adapts the best to the Premier league.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Salvador was faced with two offers to take the striker from Pedreira, one of them from the Premier League, and pointed to the clause. Due to his performance, age and progression margin, Vitinha is the main asset of the Minho sports society. The striker is on the radar of several clubs in the main European leagues.

With just days to close the winter transfer window, Braga rejected tempting offers to sell Vitinha, one of them worth 20 million euros and originating from a Premier League club. SAD understands that, at this point, the striker is a non-negotiable player, so the departure will only take place if a club beats the termination clause, which is 30 million euros.

So who's the mystery club upping their offer for Vitinha? You'd think it's either us, Bournemouth or Southampton.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard to say till probably the end of the season.
No doubt they're all good players, will depend who settles the best thousands of miles from home and who adapts the best to the Premier league.
Guedes was a very good signing and is a very good player..........................just not for us. So I agree with your comment.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From what I've read, Andre is ment to be the better out the 3. But in reality whoever is Brazil's boss for the 2026 WC will have a headache if all 3 live up to their potential

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would also like to see Gallagher in a Wolves shirt.
No ty. His work rate and pressing are excellent, and pops up in goal scoring positions. Sounds good.
But for a midfielder, his passing or even just generally number of touches are woeful. Anyone remember how utterly dire he was for England?

If we are losing both Neves and Mouts in the summer, that’s both of the players that would mitigate someone like Gallagher’s weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom