Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is weird isn’t it confirmed more than once by Romano who rarely gets it wrong
hinted at on the lemina vid
Im sure some of these twitteratti just see someone has mentioned something then all jump on the bandwagon
Romano is rarely wrong,but not infalible,so i go with his assessment

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn’t too concerned when Madley said it, but Crook makes me a little nervous.
Got to be work permit etc, cant fly him in till done, same what was with costa.

I expect once the terms of the agreement with flamengo are done, which looks likely, they still need to apply for permit etc, which could be a few days.

Still expect this to be done before city

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Romano wouldn’t have said here we go and we wouldn’t have put it in the Lemina video if it wasn’t a done deal. I thing to worry about.
I agree. Would be a huge faux-pas to do something like that and it not materialise. I suspect it's our way of placating fans nervous about the time taken for the formalities to be completed without making an official statement

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ocampos being recalled to Sevilla from Ajax. Loan swap for Guedes in the works?

Interesting i mean do we need ocompas on top of sarabia?

Would guedes go to sevilla?

I can only think ocampos is coming back to try and stop sevilla getting relegated.

As per the article :

Although the priorities for Jorge Sampaoli were other positions, the Argentine coach has also given the green light to the return of Ocampos, with whom he will have a different profile for attacking positions and even to play as a laner within the system that Sevilla has been using in recent weeks. After the arrival of Badé, on loan from Rennes, the return of Ocampos is the second entry operation of Sevilla in this winter market, but more movements are still expected.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t afford to let him and neves leave even with these incomings

Would leave the midfield as lemina, traore, hodge, gomes(?)

Neves is such a huge part of us and the way we play and will hit us hard. Nunes i don't think is hardwired into our team.. yet. I imagine we'll bring in another t CM. PSG got any?

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Nunes really went all out when he came on v Liverpool. Maybe harsh, but i'm definitely suspicious about his application towards us, such a talented player.
Let’s not kid about, he didn’t join WWFC because of a desire to play for the Old Gold, there’s no doubt he always saw us as a foot in the door to the PL and moving on to one of the ‘Sky 6’.

I‘d still be a bit peeved though if he abandoned ship after just a season, especially with Lopetegui at the helm.

If it did happen though needs to be money up front, no stupid staggered payments like we did with Jota, or swapsies with some rejects from their academy either. Would like to hope we learned some lessons from that.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes really went all out when he came on v Liverpool. Maybe harsh, but i'm definitely suspicious about his application towards us, such a talented player.
His celebrations for our goals dont hint at that
His form is a bit up and down but obvious talent
He was superb against Liverpool but we have a lot of players that up their game for the big ones
I dont see a concern here,even if he goes in the summer we will make profit and he seems up for the current battle

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was Nunes and wanted to join a so-called 'big club' such as Liverpool, I'd feel the need to impress and show I can cut it in the PL.

IMV Klopp surely won't be interested in a player who doesn't commit fully on the pitch (and neither should we!).

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ocampos being recalled to Sevilla from Ajax. Loan swap for Guedes in the works?

Can't play for three clubs in the same season. He started for Sevilla before his loan move to Ajax, this was covered a month or so back when it was suggested by a few. Quality player but Sarabia will be our man on the right cutting in, and Neto hopefully back soon to provide him some competition.

Reaction score
Honestly if this apparent agreement we have in place with Liverpool to allow nunes to go to them at the end of the season is true, I’m lost for words how incredibly stupid Jeff has been here! “Yeah sure we will spend £38m on a player and if he turns out to be a worldie u can have him! If he’s crap we will keep him and just accept we made a bad decision and wasted £38m”
Great idea risking our money so Liverpool can have a good old look at how nunes is in the prem first.
Ridiculous is an understatement! (If all true of course)

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t afford to let him and neves leave even with these incomings

Would leave the midfield as lemina, traore, hodge, gomes(?)

Its next season though, so there'll probably come in replacements.
Looking at Gomes, he can in due time be a good replacement for Neves. Nunes, while obviously being a good player, isnt ireplaceable either.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll put Nunes is going to Liverpool in the same box as Neves is leaving next summer parts 1 through 6

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't play for three clubs in the same season. He started for Sevilla before his loan move to Ajax, this was covered a month or so back when it was suggested by a few. Quality player but Sarabia will be our man on the right cutting in, and Neto hopefully back soon to provide him some competition.
Thanks. Didn’t realize he started the season with Sevilla.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly if this apparent agreement we have in place with Liverpool to allow nunes to go to them at the end of the season is true, I’m lost for words how incredibly stupid Jeff has been here! “Yeah sure we will spend £38m on a player and if he turns out to be a worldie u can have him! If he’s crap we will keep him and just accept we made a bad decision and wasted £38m”
Great idea risking our money so Liverpool can have a good old look at how nunes is in the prem first.
Ridiculous is an understatement! (If all true of course)

Thats the worry of course. If Liverpool come in next summer with a massive bid, way over what we paid for him, then I think most of us could understand and accept it. However if he's sold for roughly the same amount, then it really is stupid management by Shi..

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s not kid about, he didn’t join WWFC because of a desire to play for the Old Gold, there’s no doubt he always saw us as a foot in the door to the PL and moving on to one of the ‘Sky 6’.

I‘d still be a bit peeved though if he abandoned ship after just a season, especially with Lopetegui at the helm.

If it did happen though needs to be money up front, no stupid staggered payments like we did with Jota, or swapsies with some rejects from their academy either. Would like to hope we learned some lessons from that.
70 million.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes has improved under J-Lo but he’s nowhere near (yet) the level required to go a club like Liverpool who want to win the league. We’d want top buck for him and there are much better players available for that.

Reaction score
Thats the worry of course. If Liverpool come in next summer with a massive bid, way over what we paid for him, then I think most of us could understand and accept it. However if he's sold for roughly the same amount, then it really is stupid management by Shi..
Absolutely! If it were a large bid then it may make sense.
I just wouldn’t put it past Jeff to do exactly what the rumours are suggesting his track record with stupid decisions over the past couple of seasons is sketchy to say the least!

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’d want top buck for him and there are much better players available for that.
It depends if anything concrete was agreed with the player and his agent when he agreed to come to us. There could be a relatively low buyout clause in his contract, which sweetened him on dropping from a Champions League club to join us.

I'd also argue that we've not got that much form of managing to sell players for "top buck". Jota went for par at best (and in a deal structured entirely to the benefit of the buyer), and we've not managed to sell Traore or Neves, despite seemingly being open to doing so, for decent money. We've even let our club captain go on loan with an option to buy for 4.5 million, which is utter peanuts for an England player.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He helps drag us out the relegation zone and towards mid table, and with that figure being thrown around about Declan Rice, I‘d want to see us ask more than that!
We can ask for whatever we want, doesn’t mean we’ll get it. Nunes currently is nowhere near a £70 million player, he’s not even a £50 million one.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can ask for whatever we want, doesn’t mean we’ll get it. Nunes currently is nowhere near a £70 million player, he’s not even a £50 million one.
I agree, but don't sell him then.

If he leaves for anything under £50m then it's clear to me it's all pre-agreed.

He has shown glimpses to suggest he could go on to be a £70m+ player, so given his contract situation, we should be keeping him until he reaches that level, which may just be another year.

Selling him for a small profit in the summer would be pointless.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends if anything concrete was agreed with the player and his agent when he agreed to come to us. There could be a relatively low buyout clause in his contract, which sweetened him on dropping from a Champions League club to join us.

I'd also argue that we've not got that much form of managing to sell players for "top buck". Jota went for par at best (and in a deal structured entirely to the benefit of the buyer), and we've not managed to sell Traore or Neves, despite seemingly being open to doing so, for decent money. We've even let our club captain go on loan with an option to buy for 4.5 million, which is utter peanuts for an England player.
Please don’t use the Coady buy out as an example as it misses the near £10 million loan fee. The total for Coady is exactly what he’s worth.

Jota’s fee was where it should have been, the fact it’s spread over a period is largely irrelevant because we do it in opposite directions as well.

I’m sure there is a release clause for Nunes, that’s exactly my point. All this talk of £70 million is absolute nonsense, even at £50 million (which id suggest is probably nearer his release clause) there are much better options. He’s improved from where he was but Saturday performance shows he doesn’t yet have the consistency for a club to offer big money for him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, but don't sell him then.

If he leaves for anything under £50m then it's clear to me it's all pre-agreed.

He has shown glimpses to suggest he could go on to be a £70m+ player, so given his contract situation, we should be keeping him until he reaches that level, which may just be another year.

Selling him for a small profit in the summer would be pointless.
If he’s got a release clause in there to get him here in the first place then we have no choice.

Back
Top Bottom