Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn't go all out for Beale. We asked him to come for talks, he declined. Other people were asked to come for talks who declined, who didn't leak that info.

Julen will be our next permanent manager.

I'll believe that when I see it! Why would we even want talks with Beale etc if Lopetegui is such a certainty and why would the club keep so silent if he is coming and allow all the anger and frustration amongst fans?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to feel the same way about Howe, but to be fair to him, he does seem to be doing well at Newcastle so I’ve had to eat my words. But for every Howe there are ten ****y failures.
Same here. Although Howe seems to have an air of humility about him and wasn't constantly giving interviews about himself. Didn't Simon Jordan say after interviewing him that Beale was very impressed with Beale?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn't go all out for Beale. We asked him to come for talks, he declined. Other people were asked to come for talks who declined, who didn't leak that info.

IF they effectively have a deal with Lopetegui agreed for when he is able to take it up then why not just say so, gets rid of all the speculation and everyone knows where they stand ?

It there's nothing actually agreed, then we are just waiting and hoping whilst the clock is ticking and maybe he won't end up being in a position to take the job or even want to

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF they effectively have a deal with Lopetegui agreed for when he is able to take it up then why not just say so, gets rid of all the speculation and everyone knows where they stand ?

Exactly!

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I don't know... lots of things don't make sense.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I like the optimism but all trust has gone with these idiots in charge

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Trying to save a club from relegation will be a new experience for him..

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know... lots of things don't make sense.
I always respect your posts Lobo as you have sometimes offered up your ITK info. But you just contradicted yourself....

"Julen will be our next permanent manager" swiftly followed by "I don't know"

I'm guessing it is your hope rather than your inside knowledge ?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My problem with waiting till January for Julen, if that's Jeff's masterplan, is that he's already shown himself to be very non-committal. He's refused us twice already. If he won't commit to joining us then, by signing a contract now, then we should not be gambling our survival on the flip of a coin once again.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
I always respect your posts Lobo as you have sometimes offered up your ITK info. But you just contradicted yourself....

"Julen will be our next permanent manager" swiftly followed by "I don't know"

I'm guessing it is your hope rather than your inside knowledge ?
Every post is a 50/50 chance

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Waiting until 2023 for Lopetegui is all well and good unless there’s a managerial merry go round in Spain and his name is right at the top of list of candidates.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score

We offered acceptable terms to qpr for them to agree to allow us to speak to Beale. Beale agreed a deal in principle but changed his mind and went back. That's pretty much going all out for someone.

Going back to Lopetegui for a 3rd time is plain embarrassing for the club and a 100% announcement that we can't do a thing without Mendes.

To make a big deal about going for a non Mendes client to messing that up and going back to the original Mendes manager after waiting a few months is poor beyond belief and will relegate us

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The scenario does make some sense, we offer the job to Lopetegui and he says yes but not until January. We say we can't wait that long and offer it to Beale who turns us down, so then we return to Lopetegui and say ok we'll wait for you and give the job to Davis until 2023.

The only problem is that nothing is signed otherwise we'd just announce it, which leaves us open to him turning us down if we are 5 or 6 points from safety at the World Cup break.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The scenario does make some sense, we offer the job to Lopetegui and he says yes but not until January. We say we can't wait that long and offer it to Beale who turns us down, so then we return to Lopetegui and say ok we'll wait for you and give the job to Davis until 2023.

The only problem is that nothing is signed otherwise we'd just announce it, which leaves us open to him turning us down if we are 5 or 6 points from safety at the World Cup break.
None of it makes sense. To loosely quote from Life of Brian ‘they’re making it up as they go along’.

If we lose v Brentford and again v Brighton they will have to say something I’d have thought. Quite astonishing that they are leaving team affairs to a League 2 management team and the former u/23 bloke until January 23.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My guess is that Lopetegui has said he wants the job but needs to spend some time with his father first. We then tried to get Beale in and when he turned us down we decided to wait for Julen.

I do believe this is the club's intent.

Though to be completely honest, I don't think we can wait around, even for Lopetegui. I want a manager in ASAP.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of it makes sense. To loosely quote from Life of Brian ‘they’re making it up as they go along’.

If we lose v Brentford and again v Brighton they will have to say something I’d have thought. Quite astonishing that they are leaving team affairs to a League 2 management team and the former u/23 bloke until January 23.
It seems like it’s pretty much those two alone. We don’t actually have any coaches apart from Tony Roberts. I’m shocked Steve Davis isn’t out on the pitch helping warm up the players on matchday.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't know why they don't just say so.

If it's true that it's all agreed (not saying I doubt you've heard it, just saying if what you've heard is correct..) then a possibility could just be respect for a sensitive situation. Given that JL's father is in declining health, and that info is out there as part of why he didn't come a few weeks ago, it could just be that nobody at the club wants to release info that could be read as "as soon as the auld fella is deid." They COULD be trying to be classy and stay silent on a difficult issue.

The trouble is, in the current situation, we've pretty much all lost faith in those running the club to give them the benefit of the doubt on this.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Waiting until 2023 for Lopetegui is all well and good unless there’s a managerial merry go round in Spain and his name is right at the top of list of candidates.
Not many clubs bigger than Sevilla. He's failed at one and the other one won't have him.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many bigger than Wolves would be a better question though, and how many bigger than where we're going!
Athletico, Valencia maybe, then Barca and Madrid but doubt they'd want him. Even bottom of the Prem and in disarray, we're still a big draw compared to other leagues outside of those obvious Champion's League clubs.
Would I come over here with the new culture, weather, and expectations of our fans to still be top half? Not sure I would.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do you KNOW this or just guessing?

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If Lopetegui is coming in January then we should take the entire squad not at the World Cup to Spain & train every day in his dad’s back garden, assuming it’s big enough, so they learn the style of play he wants. Waiting until January is a recipe for disaster as it will be late Feb by the time the players are up to speed with his methods. Personally agree with others who have said Dyche

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lopetegui is coming in January then we should take the entire squad not at the World Cup to Spain & train every day in his dad’s back garden, assuming it’s big enough, so they learn the style of play he wants. Waiting until January is a recipe for disaster as it will be late Feb by the time the players are up to speed with his methods. Personally agree with others who have said Dyche
We have Everton away and Manure at home after Christmas before Villa on 4th Jan, when we would expect a new manager to be in. He will have till the 14th Jan to get us ready for West Spam away before we face Man City on the 21st. Games come thick and fast and I doubt any new manager will have the immediate impact needed for us to get many points in January.

Unless, of course, Davis and his team turn out to be an inspired choice. But with a much reduced back room staff and Sellars having to help out it’s going to be a tough ask.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do believe this is the club's intent.

Though to be completely honest, I don't think we can wait around, even for Lopetegui. I want a manager in ASAP.
If it's true JL is on his way, perhaps there's some truth that we approached Beale to manage in the interim before becoming assistant to JL?

I'm just trying to make sense of it all tbh.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's true JL is on his way, perhaps there's some truth that we approached Beale to manage in the interim before becoming assistant to JL?

I'm just trying to make sense of it all tbh.

It would have come out as a reason for turning the job down. There’s no reasoning for it. Just poor planning and abilities at a senior level.

Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom