Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, when all is said and done, when Stan Cullis was appointed manager of Wolves in 1947, he was just an ex-player who hadn't managed a single game at any level. That turned out pretty well. But nobody could possibly have predicted how good he would be. Looks like Wolves are about to take a similar kind of punt.
True enough... But how many similar choices at other clubs have been epic failures?

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Commentator just said “ speculation this is Mick Beale’s last game “

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have the impression that we haven’t even talked to him yet.

If that’s the case, after several hours of face to face in-depth discussions, Wolves or Beale might just say “Thank you, but were not a good fit”.
I'll be absolutely amazed if we haven't already talked to him.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Clearly the lack of experience as Manager does raise a question, however there have been numerous posts raising concerns and some negativity about all the other candidates who have been discussed. And Beale does seem to have attracted many positive comments about his capabilities as a coach….it’s really this that we currently need to organise and galvanise this squad. We all know how difficult it is to sign players in January so we probably need what he has to offer…so if he gets the job we have to support him UTW

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Well, when all is said and done, when Stan Cullis was appointed manager of Wolves in 1947, he was just an ex-player who hadn't managed a single game at any level. That turned out pretty well. But nobody could possibly have predicted how good he would be. Looks like Wolves are about to take a similar kind of punt.
Somewhat different times. Also you'll know better than me, but wasn't he assistant manager before he became manager? Anyway yes, sometimes a gamble pays off, I'm not putting my house on 17 Black though.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chris Willock has been mentioned on their forums a few times.

Brother to Joe, used to be very highly rated. Attacking midfielder, strong and skilful but doesn't make the best decisions.

Worse case he'd be a good player in the championship I guess

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Dunno, Bosz or Martins would be a likelier stopgap, surely? By choosing Beale they're gambling on unearthing the next Potter or Frank.
More like, Harry Potter or Frank Spencer... going on a business that has had unsuitable stars like Zenga, Lambert, Connor and Saunders, not forgetting Solbakken and Lage leading the way.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
As has been loosely mentioned here previously, could he be the interim manager until Lopetegui has sorted his personal/family issues?
Lopetegui then to be the manager and Beale being the coach, and possibly being promoted to Manager when Lopetegui gets the sack?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brother to Joe, used to be very highly rated. Attacking midfielder, strong and skilful but doesn't make the best decisions.

Worse case he'd be a good player in the championship I guess
Was he the one who went to Benfica ?

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As has been loosely mentioned here previously, could he be the interim manager until Lopetegui has sorted his personal/family issues?
Lopetegui then to be the manager and Beale being the coach, and possibly being promoted to Manager when Lopetegui gets the sack?
Beale's coming to eventually be manager after a bloke who has turned us down twice is sacked. I think you've cracked it mate.

Last edited:

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Beale's coming to eventually be manager after a bloke who has turned down twice is sacked. I think you've cracked it mate.
Can't be....That would be succession planning...Not in Jeff's little black book.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won’t get my support until he’s earned it I’ve never given automatic support to anyone just because they’re the manager in my 50 odd years of being a supporter see no reason to start now.
There's nothing wrong with that. I was very skeptical when Nuno took over, he quickly won me over. You too I'm guessing? Hopefully Beale does the same.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui as DofF?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utterly ridiculous! It's the kind of thing my Mrs would come up with and she's an expert at massively overthinking things!!!! It's already been pointed out MB wouldn't leave to be no.2 to someone. How would it work if he was doing brilliantly, or awfully. If its Beale, it is untill he's sacked, not as a stop gap/temp role.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If tonight is a sign of how his team’s respond to a defeat, then I’m all up for him.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I got this from Wikipedia, I hope it OK to post it. It was a tribute to Stan Cullis from Bill Shanklly, in his autobiography.

In his 1976 autobiography, Bill Shankly paid high tribute to Cullis, saying: "While Stan [Cullis] was volatile and outrageous in what he said, he never swore. And he could be as soft as mash. He would give you his last penny. Stan was 100 per cent Wolverhampton. His blood must have been of old gold. He would have died for Wolverhampton. Above all, Stan is a very clever man who could have been successful at anything. When he left Wolverhampton, I think his heart was broken and he thought the whole world had come down on top of him. All round, as a player, as a manager, and for general intelligence, it would be difficult to name anyone since the game began who could qualify to be in the same class as Stan Cullis

Steve Davis is more likely to have Old Gold blood than Beale and die for the cause.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand the point, but on the other hand, he has a lot of experience of coaching, and it's a head coach we're after. And before anyone says Bruno was a good coach, I disagree!

He has won 7 ( nearly 8) Championship matches.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't need a coach, we need a manager who can inspire and lead. Hope I'm way off about him, but I think we are just getting a good coach, not a manager.

Back
Top Bottom