Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless how we, journalists, Wolves mgt. feel about this guy, we have to hope that the squad believes in him and have total confidence in his tactics and decisions.

Can he get us moving up the table? The rest is just noise.

I'm sure that question has been put to all potential candidates, including Nuno.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mental ain’t it?

Seen as a “progressive” coach. People can’t just add words to justify the level of stupidity on this appointment.

Nobody knows. That’s the rub. There’s no level of predictability here whatsoever. That absolutely isn’t the same with every coach.

My guess is that they’re going for this guy and desperately hoping that Lopetegui becomes available within a couple of months as a contingency.

Dunno, Bosz or Martins would be a likelier stopgap, surely? By choosing Beale they're gambling on unearthing the next Potter or Frank.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've spent the last hour trawling through this thread and watching several of the videos on this guy. He's completely obsessed by football and seems to have been all his life. He studies NFL for ideas, he's coached futsal (!), he's coached in South America and also studies the European game. His heroes are Cruyff and Bobby Robson. He's coached for nearly 20 years but most of it has been youth coaching and my biggest concern with him is I don't think he has much experience dealing with the top players, like Neves and Moutinho for example and so how will they react to him? He's certainly big on man management and this will be a massive change to Lage. I note he has a GK coach whom I assume he will bring with him, so bye bye Roberts! Having seen all this it's pretty impressive for such a young guy but is it a risk? It sure is and I'm still on the fence.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I've spent the last hour trawling through this thread and watching several of the videos on this guy. He's completely obsessed by football and seems to have been all his life. He studies NFL for ideas, he's coached futsal (!), he's coached in South America and also studies the European game. His heroes are Cruyff and Bobby Robson. He's coached for nearly 20 years but most of it has been youth coaching and my biggest concern with him is I don't think he has much experience dealing with the top players, like Neves and Moutinho for example and so how will they react to him? He's certainly big on man management and this will be a massive change to Lage. I note he has a GK coach whom I assume he will bring with him, so bye bye Roberts! Having seen all this it's pretty impressive for such a young guy but is it a risk? It sure is and I'm still on the fence.
I'd really like to think that Neves and Moutinho will be fine with him if he knows what he's talking about. As will we all!

T

TheConcourse

Dunno, Bosz or Martins would be a likelier stopgap, surely? By choosing Beale they're gambling on unearthing the next Potter or Frank.
Not enamoured with any of those options either. I pushed hard for Nuno because I felt like it would bring fans back into play, lift everyone around the club and he’s a safe pair of hands; if a little pragmatic.

They’ve gone boom or bust with this one. Not a fan of that. They’re showing more sustainable thinking around Wolves Records, and to my knowledge that doesn’t generate £150m per year. Or whatever the figure is.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure that question has been put to all potential candidates, including Nuno.
I have the impression that we haven’t even talked to him yet.

If that’s the case, after several hours of face to face in-depth discussions, Wolves or Beale might just say “Thank you, but were not a good fit”.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Beale in the dugout tonight?

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd really like to think that Neves and Moutinho will be fine with him if he knows what he's talking about. As will we all!
By all accounts they seem to have taken to Davis and Colins who have taken training. I don’t think his name will be the issue, but his man management and attitude.

I’d argue Moutinho may well be taking note. If he wants to get into management he’ll know that people will soon be having the same conversations about him.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

FFS, He has won 7 games as a manager in his life.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi should go if this doesn't work.
Imho he's clueless along with Sellars. If Beale turns out to be a failure both need to be on their bike.
Decades getting back into the Prem....... Only Wolves could make such an appointment.
We've got to get behind him but I fear the worst....... Hope I'm totally wrong

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know how this will pan out it could be a great appointment and he follows the likes of Potter in being a young british successful coach or we continue to be awful and he is eventually replaced.

It's a gamble yes, but Amorim had managed 10 games before Sporting spent a fortune on him and he has been a major success that many of us would want now so I will happily back him and hope he is successful and we were the club to give him his big break.

He appears to be very intelligent when it comes to football, has educated himself on it very well worked in several different places that would have given him really good experiences that he will have grown from.

Nobody knows how it will go so there is no point calling it an awful appointment when we simply don't know. He could be the right fit for us, who is to say someone more experienced would come in and be any more successful than him.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn’t you have said pretty much all those things about Lage a year ago, including the additional clincher that both have limited experience as a front line manager, and none in a seriously competitive top flight league.
Most apart from not being sacked before…

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By all accounts they seem to have taken to Davis and Colins who have taken training. I don’t think his name will be the issue, but his man management and attitude.

I’d argue Moutinho may well be taking note. If he wants to get into management he’ll know that people will soon be having the same conversations about him.
I wonder ifMoutinho might be an assistant to him next year, a new Stevie G so to speak.
Assuming Beale lasts that long of course.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know how this will pan out it could be a great appointment and he follows the likes of Potter in being a young british successful coach or we continue to be awful and he is eventually replaced.

It's a gamble yes, but Amorim had managed 10 games before Sporting spent a fortune on him and he has been a major success that many of us would want now so I will happily back him and hope he is successful and we were the club to give him his big break.

He appears to be very intelligent when it comes to football, has educated himself on it very well worked in several different places that would have given him really good experiences that he will have grown from.

Nobody knows how it will go so there is no point calling it an awful appointment when we simply don't know. He could be the right fit for us, who is to say someone more experienced would come in and be any more successful than him.

It's stupid because it is a huge gamble and we are in a relegation fight. There is no logic in hiring a manager, who makes nice videos, but has won 7 matches.
This isn't a question about how good he might be. It is a question why gamble on our Premier League survival.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have the impression that we haven’t even talked to him yet.

If that’s the case, after several hours of face to face in-depth discussions, Wolves or Beale might just say “Thank you, but were not a good fit”.
That may be the case, but it would be a bit bizarre if he hadn't be sounded out by someone ITK, otherwise how would Sky, BBC etc got wind of it.
Incidently. what was Nuno's response following his interview, do we know?

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's not the big name and experienced manager that we all wanted, but a lot of very good things have been said about him, let's hope he can get this team playing, because on paper it is a good one, they just need kicking into shape. if he does, i know everybody on here will be backing him

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wasn’t same said about Lage too

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good reffing in QPR game. 10 mins in and Cardiff keeper warned about time wasting

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In my mind, this has something to do with Shi and Sellars wanting a Head Coach rather than a Manager which was clearly what they wanted with the Lage appointment too.

They have got a blue print and they are sticking to it. Whether it works, at this stage I would say its a flip of a coin!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I for one are quite pleased with this, it's good the club are thinking out of the box and going for a young English up and coming manager rather than someone from another country.
I assume then, following your logic, that you wish to dispose of pretty much the whole first teams squad then and sign a new bunch of "putting in a shifters".
So before he even gets the job he is deemed a mistake
I just hope he becomes the best manager we ever had for the next twenty years
So easy to pull people to pieces
I genuinely hope that you are right. The fact that we are hearing many of the same arguments that were advanced to justify appointing Lage leaves me deeply uncomfortable.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, when all is said and done, when Stan Cullis was appointed manager of Wolves in 1947, he was just an ex-player who hadn't managed a single game at any level. That turned out pretty well. But nobody could possibly have predicted how good he would be. Looks like Wolves are about to take a similar kind of punt.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my mind, this has something to do with Shi and Sellars wanting a Head Coach rather than a Manager which was clearly what they wanted with the Lage appointment too.

They have got a blue print and they are sticking to it. Whether it works, at this stage I would say its a flip of a coin!
Rely on Dumb and Dumber's judgement when all of the precedent suggests that they don't know their ass from their elbow?

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will support Wolves, like everyone else on here, who ever is the manager in which ever league we are in. I will always want them to win and will feel sick every time they lose.
This in my opinion is the most ridiculous appointment of any Premier League club, or old division one club. We are a rich club with very expensive players. We are in a relegation battle and in deep ****. For Jeff to appoint the manager with 7 wins behind him, to help us get out of the ****, is beyond my comprehension.
I will support the club like I always will and will not say anything more about Beale, whilst he is manager, because I want us to do well.
Jeff has lost me. Sorry, but to employ a manager with 14 games management behind him and 7 wins, is utter ****ing stupidity. It is reckless and ****ing insane.
UTW.
I understand the point, but on the other hand, he has a lot of experience of coaching, and it's a head coach we're after. And before anyone says Bruno was a good coach, I disagree!

Back
Top Bottom