Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
When did MolineuxInsider mention Kalajdzic? Wasn't it about a 'loan to buy striker from the Bundesliga'? Seemed to be referring to Werner going to Leipzig and us getting Silva.
Too obvious and a few days late. ;) The day he was talking about that, Stuttgart were signing a 6"5' striker from Midtjylland.

Anyway, please don't take my comment seriously! I'd never heard of Sasa before, I just randomly plucked his name out of the air, as Stuttgart signed a tall striker the day MolineuxInsider posted that, and he was a tall striker they had who looked decent and was linked with a few other clubs :tearsofjoy:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too obvious and a few days late. ;) The day he was talking about that, Stuttgart were signing a 6"5' striker from Midtjylland.

Anyway, please don't take my comment seriously! I'd never heard of Sasa before, I just randomly plucked his name out of the air, as Stuttgart signed a tall striker the day MolineuxInsider posted that, and he was a tall striker they had who looked decent and was linked with a few other clubs :tearsofjoy:
Yeh, maybe, but a loan to buy for a striker with a year left on his deal doesn't make any sense to me!

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy with this signing good age and hopefully gives us a different option up top.

Just praying to God these AM and CM can deliver the chances he will need and Neto or Guedes hit a good patch of form

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Yeh, maybe, but a loan to buy for a striker with a year left on his deal doesn't make any sense to me!
I know, but knowing the length remaining on his contract would've involved more than looking at Wikipedia for Stuttgart's tallest striker! I didn't think for a second we'd actually end up signing him! :tearsofjoy:

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He seems pretty highly rated by Bundesliga fans he might not be iberian or south american and worth 40m but there are good players outside of that bracket. I can't see why the pessimism really give the lad a chance.

Reaction score
What a ray of sunshine you are lol
Haha I know, apologies, it’s just this is the most important position IMO and one that we’ve needed since that evening Raul suffered his injury. Plenty of time to plan, scout and find the right one. This just doesn’t feel like that to me. I’d been hoping the next striker we signed would be the ‘big’ one

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He seems pretty highly rated by Bundesliga fans he might not be iberian or south american and worth 40m but there are good players outside of that bracket. I can't see why the pessimism really give the lad a chance.

If his contract didn't run out in a year and he hadn't missed so much with injuries, a striker with his record would actually cost close to £40m. Joe Linton cost Newcastle £40m and had a scoring record far worse than Sasa's in the same League.

Strikers (even ones without a great scoring record) always cost a premium, just look how many premier league teams are looking to bring one in. It's a risk for Wolves cos of his injury record but one worth taking imo given the smaller outlay.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha I know, apologies, it’s just this is the most important position IMO and one that we’ve needed since that evening Raul suffered his injury. Plenty of time to plan, scout and find the right one. This just doesn’t feel like that to me. I’d been hoping the next striker we signed would be the ‘big’ one
Lol yeah ikr
I understand the point of view and ofc we all would have liked a marquee striker
Given what we have spent so far it would be unrealistic to spend big again i guess this window
Lets hope this guy does the business for at least this season and see where we are for next

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last bargain basement striker we signed for £15m has just left for next to nothing after scoring 3 goals.
The four cheapest players in our current starting eleven are Kilman, Moutinho, Sa and Neto.

And transfer fees are dictated as much by how many years are left on a player's contract as they are their ability.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can understand the cynicism on here. Our striker buying of late has not been great. We all wish this guy well but I expect we would have preferred a Bully type CF. Let's wait and see; quite a lot hinges on him this season tbh.
Doubt there would be many on here jumping for joy if we’d just signed an unknown from them lot for £64k.

Almost every signing is a throw of the dice. Let’s see.

Back
Top Bottom