Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"We tried to sack Bruno over the summer" - Just of of curiosity what does this mean?

- That we couldn't attract or identify a replacement
- Shi wanted him gone but Sellars was against it?
Apologies - it's poorly phrased on my behalf.

From what I was told, discussions were held over who to replace him with. We were subsequently unable to replace him with the desired targets and he consequently stayed.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
An interesting piece of information I've been told, that fits in with @Hoganstolemywife 's post...

Bruno was selected as Nuno's successor BEFORE our first Premier League season under Fosun. If the first year had gone bad, Bruno would have taken over back then and it was all arranged already.

We didn't stumble into Bruno when Nuno left. It was planned all along. But Lopetegui was always the no.1 choice. So I don't doubt that if he was available now, we would indeed have replaced Bruno with him.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely think their owner has lost his head in the pursuit of MGW and paid a crazy fee. Think it is closer to 35m that Liam Keen and Percy said initially as they will have got there info off Wolves. Then Forest have come in and said “oh no it’s more like 25…..honest”.

Didnt we already reject more than 25m few weeks ago anyway

Yep Forest have been playing the media game all along with all the leaks to friendly journos that the deal was done weeks ago. Undoubtedly to pressure us to sell but we waited until the timing and amount suited us. I think the add ons to make 35 are very easy to meet and now they are just trying to save face.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An interesting piece of information I've been told, that fits in with @Hoganstolemywife 's post...

Bruno was selected as Nuno's successor BEFORE our first Premier League season under Fosun. If the first year had gone bad, Bruno would have taken over back then and it was all arranged already.

We didn't stumble into Bruno when Nuno left. It was planned all along. But Lopetegui was always the no.1 choice. So I don't doubt that if he was available now, we would indeed have replaced Bruno with him.
That's basically what I heard. Talks were held this summer. He didn't choose to come.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think there’s an element of looking at Bruno too.

How does he cope with pressure?
Can he adapt to different situations?
Is he the right fit?
Can he exist in the culture of the club?
Do the players like him?

Lots of questions need to be answered before you rip up a squad and trust a manager with £100m in spend. This feels like a shot of confidence to Bruno. He should be proud of that.
Sink or swim.

UEAwolf

Reaction score

That would have been before he managed Benfica wouldn't it - perhaps even Benfica B?

Why would they have selected Swansea's assistant manager?

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
@Lobo de Ouro there's a few bits out there linking us with a double swoop on Benfica for both Ramos and Alex Grimaldo.

Have you heard anything about the later?

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Mgw leaves do we need a other forward other than Ramos ?

Can ramos play in Mgw position?

Coops

Reaction score

Podence, Guedes, Neto, Hwang, Traore... i'd say no?

edit: plus Chiquinho when he's back.

Edit 2: First-Team MGW was missing on team app yesterday too but didnt take any notice of it...

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That all makes sense on lopetegui , and if he did like muted become available this summer, could have seen that happening to.

But now we have backed bruno with the signing happy days.

If bruno has called ramos personally i cant imagine it wont be him

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've seen Ramos play left of a front 3, if we go 4-3-3 I think he could do a job in the wider positions but he does look a more central striker from the few games I've seen him play

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dang. Ok it’s not £35m upfront, but £25m is more than enough to cash in. That’s a fair price, throw in a load of add-ons it’s a no-brainer.
I think that 7-10 million in add ons are probably pretty certain to come in. More about Forests owner saving face. The fee is basically 35million.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies - it's poorly phrased on my behalf.

From what I was told, discussions were held over who to replace him with. We were subsequently unable to replace him with the desired targets and he consequently stayed.
Crickey……I hope that’s not true.
Hate to think Wolves are being coached by a guy the boss doesn’t have confidence in.
Plus, if you heard it then you can bet Bruno and the squad heard it too……..that’s gotta be a strain in their working relationship.

Would Guedes and Nunes have come under those circumstances?…..

my gut tells me that this rumour is not accurate

TWOLF

Reaction score
I think it’s fair to assume the MGW deal to Forest was agreed before we went in for Nunes. While we might sign a striker I doubt it will be a result of selling MGW.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've seen Ramos play left of a front 3, if we go 4-3-3 I think he could do a job in the wider positions but he does look a more central striker from the few games I've seen him play
How do you rate him? Only saw him last night and, based on that, thiink there would be better options for the level of fee being mentioned but can’t tell too much from one game.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did Guo and Mendes being at the last pre-season game really shift things here in terms of transfers finally happening and money being spent?

DJW

Reaction score
Right - well time to put a few more cards on the table. I was told a couple of weeks ago that MGW will go to Forest (I posted after the BBC female journalist said it was a done deal) but that Jeff was holding out for top dollar because he thought he could get it.

Not saying this to prove what a wonderful savant I am, but to (hopefully) show that I'm not just making the following up - all of which came from the same source.

- Our summer budget went from £0 to £100+ million overnight
- Neves is signing a new deal
- We tried to sack Bruno over the summer

Still can't believe how overpriced the Enlgish market is. Not even the Forest fans are happy with this: Morgan Gibbs-White
How do you 'try' to sack Bruno and fail?

Back
Top Bottom