Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Best wishes to MGW. I did not want him sold, we need midfield depth and competition. I think he is going to become a very good player.
But I can see the business need to bring funds in. Now just need to get rid of Bonatini and Cutrone. Please keep the rest Jeff.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him a great deal on all sides , he was not going to start for us

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does feel a bit wrong personally moving on 2 British players this season who could have played a large part, one of which who's started both games but the offer is too good to turn down as everyone has said.
I guess the majority of us don't give two hoots what nationality our players are (so long as we meet the legislative requirements). We just want a succesful club and if that means fielding 11 Moldovans with 9 'home-grown Azerbaijanis' on the bench so be it...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm in a minority but I really rate him. Against Fulham, I think he was our hardest working player and I think his movement in general is exceptional. I didn't say he would get into the WC squad. I said he'd be in the squad by the end of the season (perhaps the technical term would be between this season and next if they have some friendlies in the summer)

I loved his work rate against Fulham too.

But I think Bruno is looking for goals from his front 3 now rather than work-rate.

If we want to be better, we need our wider forwards to be getting into double figures really. I think Guedes and Neto both have the potential to do that, but I'm not sure Gibbs-White does, which is why he would have fallen down the pecking order here if he'd stayed.

I think you're right about his England chances. If he plays well at Forest, he's got the England youth background to work his way into contention by the end of this season.

Especially after we have a dismal World Cup, all the older pros retire from International football and we reset the squad with younger players!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Echo what many others have said. It’s a fantastic deal for us but also sad a home grown lad has left. Unfortunately for him I’m not sure either he or indeed management know his best position. He’s not a traditional wife forward or indeed central one and he’s definitely not a central midfielder. For those of an age a modern Nicky barmby or even a Deli Alli in that he’s a luxury player who always feel to me to be a square peg in a round hole. He’s a nice lad though and hopefully the move does him good and in turn we get the add on payments.

Obviously the biggest one yet but just goes to show that the academy is a worthwhile income generator for us.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps I have unrealistic expectations of following a Premier League team these days, but I do like to see a core of English/British players in the different squads. I don’t expect (nor want to see) 11 local lads turning out for their clubs every week, but a smattering of them.

With Ruddy, Coady and now MGW going, we’ve now almost entirely lost ours. I imagine some will call me ungrateful (given the arrival of the new Messiah) and some might even go further in their opinions. I suspect there are fans that wouldn’t bat an eyelid if Wolves didn’t field an Englishman again - and they’re completely entitled to that - but for me, I just don’t derive the same level of enjoyment.

Maybe things will change in the next couple of weeks, but I’m currently a bit ‘meh’ about it all.

I’ll go back to the 1930s now.
I understand your point but I presume the issue is the idea that the foreign players don't care.

However, in our case, the foreign players maybe care more!!

Ruddy left and had a pop at the board. Coady left and mentioned 100x how desperate he was to go because he was dropped for one game and MGW had no intention of signing a new deal.

On the other hand, Neves was virtually in tears when he thought he was leaving. Even Jota didn't kick up a fuss and spoke well after he went.

It's natural to think English/local players care more because they know more about the club and even if they aren't fans grow up knowing the size/history etc.

All I care about is having players who are committed and pleased to play for Wolves when they do - and I think we've got that right now.

I can't believe the reaction to MGW to be honest on here. He's turned down a contract, had no intention of signing and has pushed to go to a club who are at best our equals. I presume it's down to the happiness of signing Nunes that he's not getting more stick.

But, point is, we don't want people like that at the club, whether they're from Stafford or Lisbon.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, I have been up to my eyes in contracts all day so its the first time I have taken a look since this morning.

Now we have sold MGW?

For how much - up to £42m - that is insane.

It has to help with getting a striker in (Ramos I guess), but do we now need another wide midfielder?

I think we probably do, especially if we are moving Adama on before the window closes.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A few weeks ago on the Forest forum there were pictures of MGW partners Twitter where she was saying some not very nice things about the club and the fans? Were those real?

Not trying to criticise her, just wondering why he wouldn’t sign the new contract when he started both games etc.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Real shame to see MGW go but, similar to Coady, we can't give him what he needs and he can't give us what we need, so it's better for all parties to move on. Forest have a good player who might hold down a regular place in a team fighting relegation, we've got the money to sign a centre forward. Everyone wins, but mostly Wolves!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ”doing a Fulham” line really seems to hit a nerve with their supporters. They keep mentioning it.

I’m surprised at how smug their fans have been, even saying they should be getting Europe this year. I remember when we got promoted I just wanted us to survive and we were seen as one of the best ever sides to come from the Championship. Forest finished in the playoffs and have been forced to completely rebuild their team, don’t know how they can be soo ****y.

Think it’s time JOS officially names them this seasons “X are doing bits” team. That will almost certainly condemn them to relegation!:p
I think.... It's wolves!

Arthur

Reaction score
I understand your point but I presume the issue is the idea that the foreign players don't care.

Ruddy left and had a pop at the board. Coady left and mentioned 100x how desperate he was to go because he was dropped for one game and MGW had no intention of signing a new deal.

On the other hand, Neves was virtually in tears when he thought he was leaving. Even Jota didn't kick up a fuss and spoke well after he went.

It's natural to think English/local players care more because they know more about the club and even if they aren't fans grow up knowing the size/history etc.

All I care about is having players who are committed and pleased to play for Wolves when they do - and I think we've got that right now.

I can't believe the reaction to MGW to be honest on here. He's turned down a contract, had no intention of signing and has pushed to go to a club who are at best our equals. I presume it's down to the happiness of signing Nunes that he's not getting more stick.

But, point is, we don't want people like that at the club, whether they're from Stafford or Lisbon.

Spot on

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Perhaps I'm in a minority but I really rate him. Against Fulham, I think he was our hardest working player and I think his movement in general is exceptional. I didn't say he would get into the WC squad. I said he'd be in the squad by the end of the season (perhaps the technical term would be between this season and next if they have some friendlies in the summer)
He cost us the game vs Fulham by missing an open goal from 2 yards out. As Arctic says above “not good enough”

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Very well said

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps I have unrealistic expectations of following a Premier League team these days, but I do like to see a core of English/British players in the different squads. I don’t expect (nor want to see) 11 local lads turning out for their clubs every week, but a smattering of them.

With Ruddy, Coady and now MGW going, we’ve now almost entirely lost ours. I imagine some will call me ungrateful (given the arrival of the new Messiah) and some might even go further in their opinions. I suspect there are fans that wouldn’t bat an eyelid if Wolves didn’t field an Englishman again - and they’re completely entitled to that - but for me, I just don’t derive the same level of enjoyment.

Maybe things will change in the next couple of weeks, but I’m currently a bit ‘meh’ about it all.

In theory I totally agree but unfortunately the value on English players is such that to get the squad we have now with English players would probably cost at least double.

My personal bit is I want players who’s personalities I like over where they are from. I hate the whole Billy big ball attitudes certain players have. I loved Saiss as much as Coady as their attitudes were bang on. On the whole the young Portuguese lads we sign seem to be proper nice lads, no prima donnas. I look at the likes of Maddison at Leicester or Dele Alli and think I’d want neither just because they are English.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
A few weeks ago on the Forest forum there were pictures of MGW partners Twitter where she was saying some not very nice things about the club and the fans? Were those real?

Not trying to criticise her, just wondering why he wouldn’t sign the new contract when he started both games etc.
I don't look at that crap, but I think she's had a 'turbulent' relationship with some of our twitter users. However I think the answer to the contract is simple, he wants to play, we have Neto, Raul and Guedes to play in a 3 and then Podence, Hwang maybe Ramos to back them up. He wasn't going to play as much as he wanted. To be fair, good luck to him going somewhere he'll play rather than sitting on the bench taking our money.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

100% agree, plus all the reports tell you what a fantastic community the Portuguese players have created around the club.

I get the sentiment of saying I’d love English/British players but the fact is we’ve dug and found a little well of gold with our recruitment, long may it carry on!

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They do but there are some good players amongst the millions they have signed, it's more a case of if Cooper can get them all playing as a team or not for me
His situation seems to me to be like that of Lage, and maybe others in the PL this year, they have the expensive tools and it's up to them to use them, or .....

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
great deal for wolves. good luck morgan .

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

His family and partner wanted him put of Wolves. He didn't mind staying. Other teams offered more money then us

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely.

Take this comment from a John Percy article....

Portugal.jpeg
Now contrast that to a player like Gibbs-White.

I don't think for one minute that Gibbs-White is a troublemaker, but he's a different character, with a different lifestyle and different priorities to most of our squad.

No doubt he will be making TikToks with Jesse Lingard in no time! :tonguewink:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% agree, plus all the reports tell you what a fantastic community the Portuguese players have created around the club.

I get the sentiment of saying I’d love English/British players but the fact is we’ve dug and found a little well of gold with our recruitment, long may it carry on!
I buy into the “wolves, only wolves” philosophy. The Portuguese guys seem a great bunch of lads who represent the club well on and off the pitch. No drunken falling out of pubs or breaking covid rules etc.

As an aside if we end up with 5-6 players in the Portuguese squad I’ll take more interest in them at the World Cup than waistcoat and his bunch

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As I recall Ruddy was complaining that he had been told Wolves would take up a further years option. The day before the option had to be taken up it was rescinded. If that is correct I feel Ruddy has cause to complain.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it's a great deal for us we won't miss him because he has been on loan so much. And tbh once this window is over he would of found himself stuck on the bench with our new acquisitions. So it's a no brained for the money. Anyone know if there's a sell on clause?

Last edited:

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Morgan has shown excellence at championship level. He's shown glimpses in the PL when given a chance, that being said, I've also seen him go completely missing in ALOT of games. The amount of wayward backheels stresses me out. You can't give away possession as easily as he does and not be punished in this league. I hope he does well but he hasn't shown he's worth anywhere near that fee to be honest.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going to sugar-coat, this is an absolute blinder of a deal.

Hes a nice kid, but that money is ridiculous, considering what else has bought at the price and also what we've brought elsewhere, he doesn't get into the first 11, and doesn't really have a spot to nail down (I actually don't think he does at Forest either).

Best of luck to him.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I recall Ruddy was complaining that he had been told Wolves would take up a further years option. The day before the option had to be taken up it was rescinded. If that is correct I feel Ruddy has cause to complain.
Yes, perhaps.

I had a few doubts about his story to be honest. For instance, if he found out the day before Liverpool which he claimed, did he not find it odd he was playing against Norwich the week before? To me, and I presume most, that was him having a send-off otherwise why had we dropped our POTY for a game that ultimately cost us £5-6m in prize money?

Probably for another thread.

Either way, I certainly appreciate what Ruddy and obviously more so Coady did for the club but they didn't leave in great ways IMO.

MGW is far, far worse for me. He has engineered this and got his wish.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah but how much is it ?-flat fee is £25 million plus £17 million add ons -some of which it is said won’t be paid .Smoke and mirrors -so many transfers .

Whereas Nunes is £38 million plus 4.2 add ons

What are the add ons -that’s the key

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Absolutely.

Take this comment from a John Percy article....

View attachment 29673
Now contrast that to a player like Gibbs-White.

I don't think for one minute that Gibbs-White is a troublemaker, but he's a different character, with a different lifestyle and different priorities to most of our squad.

No doubt he will be making TikToks with Jesse Lingard in no time! :tonguewink:
Neto goes out quite a lot, in London when he gets spare time with Jordao.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry mate I am 66 years of age and I want to see the best team since Stan Cullis's so I do not care if they come from Mars

Back
Top Bottom