Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW leaving is a massive shame but if he isn't going to sign a contract then we can't be held to ransom. There's something about a hometown player that people warm to and genuinely get behind.

It's not put a dampener on things as such but it's just a bit "oh damn".
And a lot get hounded out. Proudlock, Leon Clarke, Lee Naylor, Alan Hinton. Karl Henry was not exactly universally acclaimed.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest are doing up the stadium too. They'll be an attractive club to any mega-rich wannabe club owners, but this level of spending is phenomenally risky even assuming they stay up.

We can't turn down £35m for MGW, but this means we either need an alternative to or upgrade on Podence imo (if 4-2-3-1 is the preferred formation).

I think 433 will be preferred might make sense the rumours with Almeida if we can get him for a good price to be a Joao heir apparent and 5 cm options whoch is probably needed for a 3. 433 will certainly be more solid against most of the PL and now we have a more dynamic CM in Nunes still cause other teams problems.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea on both fronts sir! I suspect the right man wasn't available. I heard that was the reason for the delay in the BL Ask Wolves video.

Anyway, that's why I've been making cryptic winks over the past 2 weeks, but I must admit that I still thought this calibre of signing unlikely
Interesting, was going to ask similar about the ‘tried to sack’ statement but makes sense if the right replacement (Lopetegui?) wasn’t available. Puts a lot more pressure on Bruno, particularly as he a) will be aware of the situation b) they’ve backed him. We’re also getting a team/squad that would be attractive to other managers now eg. Poch.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
4 -3 -3

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Ran
Neves Nunes Moutinho
podence Guedes Neto

Is that the side against spurs?

I think Dendoncker will start.

Given Adama’s history of excellent performances against Spurs, I reckon he could get a decent run-out off the bench.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfectly plausible that MGW goes on to have a great career and Forest speculate to accumulate but we can’t turn down that insane amount of money for him.

How many players have we had that looked to be top top players in the Championship but never really made the step up? Costa, Cavaleiro to name two. Ebanks-Blake another.

Unbelievable amount of money.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£44 million for MGW? Are Forest really that dumb lol
As much as i like Morgan hes not worth half that
Totally unproven in the Prem,but if Forest value him that highly good luck to all parties
Now come on lets get a decent striker in :)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just want to see this striker signing now and then ill relax.

Almeida or traore or a cm great, will allow cundle development on loan

A fullback cover also positive.

But another striker and i would be happy running up to jan.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, we really need to know what those likely addons are before we can judge it fairly. They must be near guaranteed given that initial reports said £35m upfront, so possibly based on him hitting a certain number of appearances this season.
Id hazard appearances, goals/assists and perhaps staying up

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we sell MGW for the same base price we bought Silva but MGW could go for more if he achieves certain goals. Meanwhile Silva is 2 years younger and has scored more premier league goals, only 4 I know. I also remember he was very effective vs Sheffield Utd in the cup last season (did miss a couple of chances), which is the level MGW has just completed. Also Silva becomes homegrown next year as he will have been at the club for 3 years from 18.

Given a choice I’d have liked him to stay as he has improved but he could easily have ended on the bench, particularly in a 4:3:3 and I won’t miss his flicks.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, we really need to know what those likely addons are before we can judge it fairly. They must be near guaranteed given that initial reports said £35m upfront, so possibly based on him hitting a certain number of appearances this season.
According to SSN appearance based add ons plus more for retaining Prem status

PulverWolf

Reaction score
Good luck to MGW and thanks for the cash Forest. Of all the players we have in advanced positions the price and timing seems good from our point of view. Just the 25 mil is a huge payout for us. onwards and upwards.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reporters have had a tendency to report things in favour of Forest once a deal has gone through.

Lingard's wages were reported to be really, really high and now Forest believe he's on £80k a week after he signed. In my opinion no way Lingard agrees a deal, as a free agent, on £80k a week for a newly-promoted side.

Point is, I think Forest are really concerned with how they're perceived and it's funny how things turn out to be great for them despite initial reports. I reckon we've got our £35m.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reporters have had a tendency to report things in favour of Forest once a deal has gone through.

Lingard's wages were reported to be really, really high and now Forest believe he's on £80k a week after he signed. In my opinion no way Lingard agrees a deal, as a free agent, on £80k a week for a newly-promoted side.

Point is, I think Forest are really concerned with how they're perceived and it's funny how things turn out to be great for them despite initial reports. I reckon we've got our £35
I genuinely think their owner has lost his head in the pursuit of MGW and paid a crazy fee. Think it is closer to 35m that Liam Keen and Percy said initially as they will have got there info off Wolves. Then Forest have come in and said “oh no it’s more like 25…..honest”.

Didnt we already reject more than 25m few weeks ago anyway

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right - well time to put a few more cards on the table. I was told a couple of weeks ago that MGW will go to Forest (I posted after the BBC female journalist said it was a done deal) but that Jeff was holding out for top dollar because he thought he could get it.

Not saying this to prove what a wonderful savant I am, but to (hopefully) show that I'm not just making the following up - all of which came from the same source.

- Our summer budget went from £0 to £100+ million overnight
- Neves is signing a new deal
- We tried to sack Bruno over the summer

Still can't believe how overpriced the Enlgish market is. Not even the Forest fans are happy with this: Morgan Gibbs-White
"We tried to sack Bruno over the summer" - Just of of curiosity what does this mean?

- That we couldn't attract or identify a replacement
- Shi wanted him gone but Sellars was against it?

Back
Top Bottom