Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Nunes

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable Jeff!!!!!! Now if you can keep going with another 2-3 worldies then I will get a tattoo of your face on my ****

Woody

Groupie
Reaction score
IMG_20220816_083247.jpg
Have to hand it to Mendes for getting us a deal like this

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So I know Nunes is highly rated and Seema a world class player in the making....but what sort of player is he? I assume not a goalscorer from his stats. Can someone suggest a player to whom he is similar
Not quite box to box but would be slightly advanced of Neves but excels in dribbling/pressing and taking the ball under pressure. Would give us tempo we need to our play.
I'd say he reminds me of Mousa Dembele when he was at Spurs and bossing games or Kovacic. Ability to run with ball is huge as a CM.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are the players at the club capable of scoring more goals? If so why aren’t they currently? Will Nunes make a big difference or is the problem more fundamental and due to the way that they are coached and asked to play.

Currently our main attacking “tactic” seems to be get the ball to one of the forward players and hope they can create something, there seems next to no understanding or interplay between them. Unless that changes I don’t see a dramatic change resulting from Nunes’ introduction. Maybe a centre forward who can act as a focal point will see the rest of our forwards suddenly shift into top gear.

Our form since February has been dreadful so Lage will not have much rope to play with now he has been backed or our most important change won’t be the introduction of Nunes but a new coach. Many of us thought the fact Lage wasn’t sacked was a sign we weren’t going to spend much. How wrong we were but Fosun will now expect results and quick. The next five games could be make or break for Lage.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are the players at the club capable of scoring more goals? If so why aren’t they currently? Will Nunes make a big difference or is the problem more fundamental and due to the way that they are coached and asked to play.

Currently our main attacking “tactic” seems to be get the ball to one of the forward players and hope they can create something, there seems next to no understanding or interplay between them. Unless that changes I don’t see a dramatic change resulting from Nunes’ introduction. Maybe a centre forward who can act as a focal point will see the rest of our forwards suddenly shift into top gear.

Our form since February has been dreadful so Lage will not have much rope to play with now he has been backed or our most important change won’t be the introduction of Nunes but a new coach. Many of us thought the fact Lage wasn’t sacked was a sign we weren’t going to spend much. How wrong we were but Fosun will now expect results and quick. The next five games could be make or break for Lage.
Give it a rest for five minutes will you and just enjoy this? Dear me.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jus
Yeah, and the ******* made a snide remark about him preferring Birmingham to London, after turning down West Ham. ******! I've emailed a complaint, #waituntilwe'retop6
Just seen that, looking forward to tje transfer show at 9 with 50 mins of man utd talk. Such a disgraceful channel

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
He’s exactly the right player though, stylistically.
The one we’ve needed for years.
City and Liverpool don’t have to buy unpolished diamonds at 23, they can’t wait 2-3 years and pay 2-3 times the amount for the finished article.
See Salah, Allison, Van Dijk, Haaland, Mahrez, Walker….need I go on?
I was reacting to someone who had said that Liverpool and City had been linked to him this summer.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Summary:

Objectively good thing happens
"But what if a bad thing happens next, huh, then what?"

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think we need to upgrade MGW, he will benefit from playing with Guedes, Nunes (hopefully) and (possibly) a new striker and is still to reach his peak; Podence has peaked in my view and is more “streaky”,injury prone and dives too much. Good squad player for competition and cover though. And we need competition and cover, we have never really had that in many positions.
All of that is fair enough, and yes, longer term I’d rather Guedes be the upgrade for Podence than MGW.
However, if that’s what’s needed for this spending spree, it’s incredible business.

Reactions: Ned

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SSN saying we hope to sign him and have him playing the weekend.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we can get this wrapped up as soon as possible before a Liverpool, Man City, etc. swoop in at the last minute.
Without a sale Liverpool haven’t got the spare cash to jump in and Chelsea are prioritising a striker and saving money for that.

A wolves comeback

Reaction score
Will it be MGW who makes way. If Forest have really offered 40 million, I'd take it.
Surely a midfielder will have to depart now...but what do I know?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was reacting to someone who had said that Liverpool and City had been linked to him this summer.
I know. So you were saying that because 2 of the very best clubs in Europe, that can attract pretty much any player in the world, didn’t buy him yet, we shouldn’t be spaffing ourselves silly?

Yes we should. He is THE highest profile/potential signing we’ve made in the modern era.
And if he copes with the premier league with anywhere near the same quality, he WILL go to Citeh or Liverpool. It will just be for double what we paid.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will it be MGW who makes way. If Forest have really offered 40 million, I'd take it.
Surely a midfielder will have to depart now...but what do I know?
Tough one, this, because the impression I get from MGW is he will probably only sign a new deal if he keeps getting game time. That means both the great Moutinho and, um, Dendoncker, would have to make way. 5 into 3 won't go for long. Naturally there will be bans and injuries, but Bruno has a fine balancing act on his hands.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well,i think ive woken in some alternate universe this morning
I never thought we would get Nunes in a million years,but it seems i was totally wrong
Always like to see the player in the shirt before commenting too much,but ill hold my hands up early on this one,well done all involved
Have no idea whats going on at the moment
We have gone from a nothing to spend till we sell club, to one that has potentially spent over £90 million in a few weeks lol
Just a striker needed now lol

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could we ship Podence in Forest's direction instead? Much rather keep MGW.

Already played for their owner at Olympiakos, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Back
Top Bottom