Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That the players we want simply are not available until the final week of the window. And we do not want to compromise on our targets.

In my mind, availability is purely manufactured by clubs and agents... and this whole situation is being created... to someone's benefit.

Ok, so I understand but what difference would it make them being available now or then. Or are targets waiting to be replaced at the respective clubs.

This is clearly beenfiting someone's pockets that being agents

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The striker situation needs solving before Saturday. Can't go in to a game against a side like Spurs without a recognised striker in the 11 or at least on the bench.

The fact it's got to this point already is borderline farcical.
Whilst I don’t necessarily disagree I will judge after we have acquired a striker. If we don’t get one or we get someone who frankly we could have got weeks ago,as they are effectively the professional football equivalent of vertical and breathing, then it is farcical. If we get someone who will properly challenge and even supplant Raul in the starting XI then I will forgive the wait as those types of deals can take time particularly for a club like wolves who may not be the players first choice destination. Same with a midfielder.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That the players we want simply are not available until the final week of the window. And we do not want to compromise on our targets.

In my mind, availability is purely manufactured by clubs and agents... and this whole situation is being created... to someone's benefit.
I expect the players we want will eventually become available (on 2nd September.)

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ok, so I understand but what difference would it make them being available now or then. Or are targets waiting to be replaced at the respective clubs.

This is clearly beenfiting someone's pockets that being agents

I don't know...

It would appear that available, substandard players at the moment would want the same wages as the much better options that we have to wait for. And that's the big issue.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't know...

It would appear that available, substandard players at the moment would want the same wages as the much better options that we have to wait for. And that's the big issue.

As I said I hope this works out

And we get 3 great additions coming in

I will be patient but it could be a hard wait until 1st September

Hopefully Raul and Joao back soon also

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't know...

So what if we wait then they still don’t come we are ****ed basically .

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So what if we wait then they still don’t come we are ****ed basically .

I would like to think we have some assurances.

If we are taking a gamble and HOPING it will work out well... it's a huge mistake imo. If we are making a calculated decision based on assurances made, then that's fine..... imo.

JTM

Reaction score
Not expecting anything this week... Next weekend at the earliest unless something comes out of the blue.

Expecting 3 first team ready players the week after.

Ramos, Nunes and Grimaldo please Jorge.

Are these the players you know we want or are these just ones you hope we are after?

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to think we have some assurances.

If we are taking a gamble and HOPING it will work out well... it's a huge mistake imo. If we are making a calculated decision based on assurances made, then that's fine..... imo.
Yes it's fine to wait, I'd much rather get the right players even if it's four games in. But yes, at the same time it's not fine if they don't come and we've missed our backups.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s too late. Can’t afford to throw a chance at 6 points away
This is what really irritates me, the season started on August 6th. The reality is that if we had a centre forward, we'd be sitting on 4-6 points now, not 1. Surely, surely we can't be so incompetent as to go into a third consecutive match without a centre forward, surely????

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what really irritates me, the season started on August 6th. The reality is that if we had a centre forward, we'd be sitting on 4-6 points now, not 1. Surely, surely we can't be so incompetent as to go into a third consecutive match without a centre forward, surely????
So if we do get our top targets, and they weren't available until the end of the window as has been suggested - would you still rather have rushed to get someone else, anyone else?

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes has scored 6 goals in three years at Sporting Lisbon.
Is he a priority at £45 million ?

Goals aren't the only indicator of a good player that can totally revolutionise your team and how they play.

Case in point - Ruben Neves.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not expecting anything this week... Next weekend at the earliest unless something comes out of the blue.

Expecting 3 first team ready players the week after.

Ramos, Nunes and Grimaldo please Jorge.
Is this just hope or do you know something?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolverhampton prepares new and final attack on Matheus Nunes. A meeting is expected in England this week to define the offer. Sporting does not sell for less than €45M. The player has already turned down an offer from West Ham last week and an approach from Wolves himself
Please Jeff, if you're reading this... do anything you can to get Nunes. What a partnership that would be with him and Ruben. I'd lose it.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as he performs and doesn't come here unwillingly...
Elite players that have ambition don't immediately accept coming to Wolves. From a neutral's perspective, we're a mid table Premier League club that has regressed in the last two years from consecutive 7th finishes to bottom half finishes. They dream of the Champions League, and pushing for league titles.

They have no personal affection to Wolves, until they join. It took a lot of persuading to get Neves, Jota, Boly, Guedes etc. This is no different.

This mentality some fans have of 'if they don't want to come then move on' doesn't progress us, because we need this calibre of player to take that next step towards breaking into the top six. Signing squad fillers doesn't progress us, we need genuine upgrades to properly strengthen.

It's still a very long shot this happens, because I can see someone bigger coming in for him, but if we have any chance at getting Nunes, we need to be taking it.

Back
Top Bottom