Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah, don't get it. Other pubs pale in comparison.

Really surprised it hasn't taken off outside the Midlands, always thought if you opened one somewhere like benidorm you'd make an absolute fortune.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really surprised it hasn't taken off outside the Midlands, always thought if you opened one somewhere like benidorm you'd make an absolute fortune.
It's a strange one because when I've been in the Midlands and taken friends who've never been they're amazed by the concept.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Coady going I feel that we now also need a new CB, an experienced head to compete with Kilman and Collins.

I just worry if one of them gets injured that Toti and Mosquera (think Boly is finished sadly) are not ready to play in a back 4 at this level yet.
Agree.

We need to make the sort of signing that our fans would hate - like a Craig Dawson. Cheap, experienced, strong, no-nonsense type but will also be happy to be a third choice.

The last time we did one like that was Ryan Bennett.

A lot of looking down to players like that, Dan Burn was another. Our attitude maybe more understandable than others to him as Traore used to destroy him but other than that he was reliable and has been superb for Newcastle.

Can't think of too many options though. John Egan maybe a bit expensive. Jake Cooper at Millwall in final year of contract could maybe do the job.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm..is Guedes good enough to make a difference?
Genuine question..I can´t recall seeing him in action at all.
Stats is one thing..he doesn´t seem to be able to score any great amount of goals I recon.
Seems he might be able to score about..five goals per season in Premier League surrounding?
Will he be on the bench when Raul comes back in decent form?
Can´t see Guedes getting chosen over Raul and Neto longer term.
I do understand we need depth in squad..but 27,5 Mill seems alot of cash for a player that might be sitting on the bench?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No updates on Traore, not seen anything of him in training and really doesnt get a mention. I wonder if we are ever going to see him in a Wolves shirt again?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Agree.

We need to make the sort of signing that our fans would hate - like a Craig Dawson. Cheap, experienced, strong, no-nonsense type but will also be happy to be a third choice.

The last time we did one like that was Ryan Bennett.

A lot of looking down to players like that, Dan Burn was another. Our attitude maybe more understandable than others to him as Traore used to destroy him but other than that he was reliable and has been superb for Newcastle.

Can't think of too many options though. John Egan maybe a bit expensive. Jake Cooper at Millwall in final year of contract could maybe do the job.
So you want us to move on from a slow CB who can't play in a high line to sign a CB who can't play in a high line.

We don't need another CB. CM and striker.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you want us to move on from a slow CB who can't play in a high line to sign a CB who can't play in a high line.

We don't need another CB. CM and striker.
A lot of these players are hugely underappreciated.

I don't think we'll play any different to West Ham (Dawson) or Newcastle (Burn). If they can do it there, they could do it for us. I'd happily take a third choice of that ilk but obviously for cheap.

Coady is nowhere near their levels in terms of playing in a back four. Doesn't have the physicality.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Sigh, I've been on a flight all day and come back to the transfer thread to what I hoped relatively happy people talking about transfers.

More fool me.

So, the discussion about how good different national cuisine and pubs can it be taken over to the off topic forum, good if not great topic, just the wrong thread.

As for the continuing you're a wum no I'm not *******s, just give it a rest. If you don't like it and can't discuss without all the nonsense just ignore and move on.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The social media team and wolves is just always hitting it out the park!!

Honestly they produce great content and the humour on some posts like that is fantastic.

I do want to know who did the Raul documentary as that team/person is fantastic and mates who support other clubs said how incredible it was and could not believe a football club did it.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m guessing the club have more freedom for promotions if they’re manufacturing/sourcing them themselves.
Yeah, a piece of business that was honestly genius!

As I remember with the arrangement we also control stock production volume of sizes at any time so no xxl being out of stock for the season by November like adidas and it allows us to make more money per unit sold as football clubs make way less on football and replica kit sales than you would think.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

A lot of these players are hugely underappreciated.

I don't think we'll play any different to West Ham (Dawson) or Newcastle (Burn). If they can do it there, they could do it for us. I'd happily take a third choice of that ilk but obviously for cheap.

Coady is nowhere near their levels in terms of playing in a back four. Doesn't have the physicality.
Dawson is a good player, albeit with a ridiculous amount of mistakes in him.
Burn is ok but limited by his lack of pace in a high line hence Brighton being happy to sell.

We have limited funds and far greater needs than to spend on a 3rd choice CB. Burn and Dawson would be not far off our top earners and aren't coming to play 3rd string.

Far, far more important positions to sign than CB

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
Seeing as the Batshuayi links have gone cold, who do you think could be a realistic target?
Think Andre Silva & Goncalo Ramos will be too expensive.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson is a good player, albeit with a ridiculous amount of mistakes in him.
Burn is ok but limited by his lack of pace in a high line hence Brighton being happy to sell.

We have limited funds and far greater needs than to spend on a 3rd choice CB. Burn and Dawson would be not far off our top earners and aren't coming to play 3rd string.

Far, far more important positions to sign than CB
I agree we have more pressing issues which is why I'd only look for a cheap option.

The point with Dawson and Burn - and Ryan Bennett for us, is that these types of players are out there for cheap. I wasn't saying sign those two, just someone of that ilk.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I agree we have more pressing issues which is why I'd only look for a cheap option.

The point with Dawson and Burn - and Ryan Bennett for us, is that these types of players are out there for cheap. I wasn't saying sign those two, just someone of that ilk.

I mean a cheap option is still another few million quid on the salary bill. If it is as well as 2 key positions, then by all means but you are more than likely to get a mediocre nothing. Reminds me of when people wanted a joke like Vestergaard last year

Back
Top Bottom