Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Coady or keep

Coady

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

There could be another angle to this. Perhaps the club aren’t 100% on Lage - which I guess is understandable.

Could be an opportunity to bring Coady back into the mix next season and stay match sharp.

Or potentially a World Cup would increase his value further and create a bidding war next summer.

Edit: And before anyone @‘s me for the Barca and Traore thing. Don’t be that guy. Not every situation is the same.
Not sure a world cup he might play one group game if we've already qualified will cause his value to skyrocket tbh.

He was available and no one made a remotely large bid. Premier League teams aren't stupid

T

TheConcourse

Not sure a world cup he might play one group game if we've already qualified will cause his value to skyrocket tbh.

He was available and no one made a remotely large bid. Premier League teams aren't stupid
I predict he plays in a back four, dominates Neymar, brings the WC home and we sell him for £100m.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we need to go back to 5 at the back Boly could do what Coady did. Coady needs first team appearances Everton need to stabilise, we need to develop and push on

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we need to go back to 5 at the back Boly could do what Coady did. Coady needs first team appearances Everton need to stabilise, we need to develop and push on
I really hope that you are right but l think COVID finished Boly.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Add an "n" - Ronan! Unless of course it was called Coady lol....

Beaten to it by @Macman - saw his post too late lol...
It's Coady, unfortunately.

Here he is. He's just been told he's now called Hwang, and he's a bit upset at the prospect of the crap "Hwanky" jokes all the other dogs will make! 20220808_190706.jpg

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
No it isn’t nice to see when they charged us more money AGAIN and told us that was to make us competitive and they just leave money on the table…..

we are more loyal and dedicated to this club than conor, we are the ones who pay to watch that and help finance his wages. He can just leave if times get hard or he isn’t happy, we can’t do that. We are born and bred for this club it is in our veins for the good and the bad times. So I am sorry, he shouldn’t get favours to make a world cup that will
Simply be a holiday and front row seat at games for as he won’t play. If he was a key player or first choice cb rotation (he doesn’t even start in the first choice back five ahead of man cities rwb) and he had a realistic sense and chance of playing I could be more understanding, but he didn’t get on in two games at molineux even though England defensively and organisationally were shambolic, he ain’t playing a second at the WC so this deal is just crap.

We on the other hand were there in league one, dealing with the mocking of successive delegations from prem to league one. We are the ones who give them the atmosphere to sell as video and sound bites in their media packages. Where is our deal to help us stay in the ground at a time of financial hardship? They didn’t care and priced people out anyway. So I am sorry if the deal doesn’t work financially to improve the squad NOW he should still be here till a deal
Comes that suits the club.

He is and has been very well paid by the club and no player is more important than the club and what it’s ambitions are.

If we are sell to buy and that is what we are being told and that finances finances for signings are tight, then I am sorry it can only be a sale or sizeable chunk of that loan fee up front and a guaranteed forced sale with no ways to finesse their way out of it.

We are told and it is widely believed we are tight for funds then I am sorry this deal strengthens a rival in the battle to stay up who got a sizeable chunk of change from rhe richarlison deal. If they are short go Centre backs make them sell more players to bring him in, everyone else would do that to us. Did anyone loan us a striker in the league when Raul nearly died and the goals dried up? NOPE….. this is a results business and we have just probably given Everton the missing piece to tighten up and strengthen their squad and defence with no finances to strengthen ourselves straight away. What a stupid deal to do!!!

We got ********d on the adama deal and we have set ourselves up AGAIN for that and this time giving away a regular starter from last season and regular England squad player. Did the clowns learn nothing from Barca? As Everton are financially crap too and will look for a way out of the fee if they can too no doubt!

He has been Great servant and a modern legend, but he has been well rewarded financially and in terms of his career for being here, he got his caps by playing for us. If he wasn’t here for Nuno to change his life and career from where it was at the time, he was only going to be a championship journeyman which let’s be honest is all he was going to be as he was a bad midfielder in the championship and not a good right back which is where he was being played. He doesn’t and probably wouldn’t ever have played for England if not for wolves or Nuno, that is a fact.

This is a results based business and if this deal is as described and for such a low fee at 12 million when the least he is worth is 20-30 million then it is yet another notch on the Jeff and Scott **** ups list!
Brilliant post. Articulates my thoughts much better than I could.
Yes we probably have to move on Coady the footballer, but we (and I) will miss the person massively. Watch ANY behind the scenes clips and Connor is the heart of it.
But then even though I accept it may be time and Connor deserves a shot at the World Cup which he may have lost here, but......
A loan deal heavily weighted against us. I try really hard to be rationale with Wolves. But this is head scratching to put it mildly

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Wolves chairman Jeff Shi said: “Conor has been an integral part of our success over the last five seasons, and loyal servant to the club over his seven years at Molineux. His dedication to Wolves in that time means that we choose not to stand in the way of his desire to play football elsewhere, and he leaves with our best wishes.

“Even when emotionally it can be hard to part after everything we have been through together, it is important for me to look at the wider picture and make difficult decisions. A huge thank you to Conor for everything he has achieved at Wolves, and for being an outstanding person, on and off the football pitch.”

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Fair play

Attachments

• FA15A404-4419-4178-9C5A-A8013B805A98.jpeg
    FA15A404-4419-4178-9C5A-A8013B805A98.jpeg
    680.4 KB · Views: 77

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Solid deal, good move, nothing to see here.

Buy the training gear.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi citing Coady’s “desire to play football elsewhere”.

Make sure you control the narrative eh Jeff!

NJ Wolves

Reaction score
I almost always give the club the benefit of the doubt on transfers, I'm sure there's a lot behind the scenes that influence decisions that we don't even think about.

But I cannot get my head around a loan with option to buy ... to a desperate club we'll be near to in the table. They need to explain this.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Is it genuinely just a loan with no obligation?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was Coady’s decision?

Even if it was, why make it public? Just wish him well and thank him for his service.

No need to make sure everyone knows it was Coady’s decision and not Jeff’s.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the very least surely we've received some sort of loan fee, right?

Every million matters greatly remember doesn't it? Hence putting up season ticket prices during a cost of living crisis to accumulate a couple?

T

TheConcourse

Even if it was, why make it public? Just wish him well and thank him for his service.

No need to make sure everyone knows it was Coady’s decision and not Jeff’s.
Can’t win. Fans slam the club for a lack of insight, they get it, explain the situation clearly, then get slammed for a lack of respect.

You’re just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone complaining about it being a loan with an option - I presume you've seen the detail of the contract, to know exactly how big a loan fee we're getting?
Fair point....it's just that the last few loans with no obligations of players we are trying to hawk out (Cutrone, Traore, Cutrone, Cutrone, Cutrone) have been such failures that it doesn't inspire confidence.

I'm sure there will be a chunky loan fee but it's not what I'd have done at all. Great great servant for the club but if it's time to go, it's time to go properly.

Back
Top Bottom