Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

dennison11

Reaction score
As it would stand (I think!) Homegrown in bold

Sa
Sarkic

Collins
Kilman

Boly
Gomes

Semedo
Jonny

Neves
Moutinho
Dendoncker
Ronan

Neto
Jimenez
Podence
Hwang
Traore
Guedes

Not sure if I've missed anyone out (barring Chiquinho who's obviously injured), everyone else is U21 I think. So that'd be 14 players that aren't homegrown. We're allowed 17, so no problem this season, next season though when Ait-Nouri and Mosquera have turned 22 we'll need to pay more attention to it
Correct me if I'm wrong but wont Ait-Nouri qualify as HG after this season as he has spent 3 season here

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but wont Ait-Nouri qualify as HG after this season as he has spent 3 season here
Don't think so because he was only on loan in the first season. Stand to be corrected on that and absolute bonus if he does qualify

Edit: a quick Google suggests they only have to play for an FA affiliated club for three years as opposed to what I thought, which is to be registered with one, so you're right, under that Ait-Nouri would qualify

Edit edit! Ait-Nouri turned 21 in June, so it depends on if it's classed as his second season with the club or his third in which he turned 21. If it's his third he qualifies, if it's his second he doesn't

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto might as well?
Think Neto misses out by a few months. The rule as I remember it (we had these conversations about Doherty in the promotion season), to qualify a player had to be with a club for three years before his 21st birthday or he had to turn 21 in his third season with the club. Neto being born in March, turned 21 towards the end of his second season here

But again stand to be corrected, he was 21 for most of his third season here!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Think Neto misses out by a few months. The rule as I remember it (we had these conversations about Doherty in the promotion season), to qualify a player had to be with a club for three years before his 21st birthday or he had to turn 21 in his third season with the club. Neto being born in March, turned 21 towards the end of his second season here
Ah got you, makes sense.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Ait-Nouri turned 21 in June, so it depends on if it's classed as his second season with the club or his third in which he turned 21. If it's his third he qualifies, if it's his second he doesn't

RAN was 19 when he initially joined us, so cannot be classed as homegrown, from what I understand.
The players have to join us at the age of 18, even if they turn 19 the next day.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves Forum - user is goldflagflyinghigh. Interestingly he said we were after guedes last season as some kind of swap with Mir that obv didnt materialise. If its Ramos and Nico then not too bad but still need another player imo for depth

Ramos
Batiyshai
Nico

Would be great I think , from the position we were in.

Don’t think we will get nico though so hope we have a back up

Reactions: Ned

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Ramos, Nunes and Gonzales haven't arrived by now they are not coming. They must surely be in the category of Wolves enquired but they are not interested, hence why we've moved onto other targets such as Guedes.

My only logic behind this, is why didn't we get Guedes at the start of the window if he was a priority target?
Cause guedes was waiting to see what clubs would come in for him....he preferred Roma but it didn't happen.....that's the way it works..... benfica n sporting both need to sell.... Barcelona have only recently decided Nico g can go out on loan....Ramos is leaving benfica as well......they are all possible....so far nobody other than us has bid for Nunes...... personally I think it will be Nico Gonzalez and Ramos with Gibbs to leave....

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cause guedes was waiting to see what clubs would come in for him....he preferred Roma but it didn't happen.....that's the way it works..... benfica n sporting both need to sell.... Barcelona have only recently decided Nico g can go out on loan....Ramos is leaving benfica as well......they are all possible....so far nobody other than us has bid for Nunes...... personally I think it will be Nico Gonzalez and Ramos with Gibbs to leave....
I am hoping Ramos and Nico are targets before any potential gibbs white sale. If nunes doesnt want to come we can use that money on another cm and a left back

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves Forum - user is goldflagflyinghigh. Interestingly he said we were after guedes last season as some kind of swap with Mir that obv didnt materialise. If its Ramos and Nico then not too bad but still need another player imo for depth
Thought Nico had decided to stay in Barca.. he’s started to get some game time.

Would be great if we could get him.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guy who gave that info is legit.

Think that explains Forest also tracking Ramos as a way to unsettle us during the MGW negotiation.
As a complete cynic, I can't see it happening

But if we ended this window with Collins, Guedes, Ramos and Gonzalez replacing Coady, Saiss, MGW and Silva, I would be very happy

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We've tried to sign Guedes every year since promotion.

He went to Valencia from PSG instead of us from many accounts at the time.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've tried to sign Guedes every year since promotion.

He went to Valencia from PSG instead of us from many accounts at the time.
I know he has been a target for a few years but couldn't remember us trying to get him last season

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Like everyone else on here I'm sad to see Conor Coady leave - for me, the best captain since Mike Bailey.

But with Guedes arriving plus the other rumoured players they want, you can finally see signs of Bruno being backed & getting something close to the team he wants. At last, at last...

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Ramos, Nunes and Gonzales haven't arrived by now they are not coming. They must surely be in the category of Wolves enquired but they are not interested, hence why we've moved onto other targets such as Guedes.

My only logic behind this, is why didn't we get Guedes at the start of the window if he was a priority target?
I think it’s the opposite, Percy said we were after Guedes back in April and that’s only just happened.

I’d suggest the targets we’re after are either waiting to see all their options before making a decision and/or are part of other chains of transfers so reliant on their clubs making a decision on their futures.

Guedes going through may point to the others still having a chance of coming through too.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So how do we fare with ffp. Anyone know the figures? Based on the fact that our transfer strategy was based on selling Neves for big money, which hasn’t happened, surely we need to sell some more before we can bring in anymore?
Great thread by Swiss Ramble about Newcastle and how they can’t spend big compared to what fans were expecting. Now based on the fact we we working right on the edge of being within ffp limits a few years ago, surely we will struggle?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFP won't be a problem given our spend over the last few years (unless we are buying Ramos, Nunes & Nico outright this summer - which we won't be, although £40 million for MGW would help!).

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ramos
Batiyshai
Nico

Would be great I think , from the position we were in.

Don’t think we will get nico though so hope we have a back up

I doubt we'll get Michy if we get Ramos. Think he's just back up option to Ramos and Silva.

No way we end up with Raul, Ramos/Silva and Michy. With Hwang and Guedes able to play upfront too.

Golden Wanderer

Groupie
Reaction score

Funny because I also said this on here last year as I work with someone who knows people at Valencia and he was adamant that we wanted Guedes for Mir + money.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All about timing, like Guedes need to make a move at the right time to get it to happen. Earlier he was worth 40m and going to Roma. We've left it later, now they're incredibly desperate to sell and we've got him on big discount.

Benfica have too many strikers and need to sell one, they don't need the money this season so opens up for a loan to buy.

Nunes I agree won't happen. But Nico for example, Barca didn't want to sell earlier but now La Liga won't let them register players unless they get more cash, surely he's now seen as available.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN was 19 when he initially joined us, so cannot be classed as homegrown, from what I understand.
The players have to join us at the age of 18, even if they turn 19 the next day.
Yeah you're right. I've been digging to try and find the cut offs to see if there's a bit of a loophole, the seasons are classed as from the date the summer window closes to the date of the final league match of the season, so Ait-Nouri, or any other player who signed as a 19 year old, wouldn't qualify. Think it also means you can sign a player at 18, but if they turn 19 before the end of the summer window then they also wouldn't qualify

The rule:

Screenshot_20220808-081207_OneDrive.jpg

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt we'll get Michy if we get Ramos. Think he's just back up option to Ramos and Silva.

No way we end up with Raul, Ramos/Silva and Michy. With Hwang and Guedes able to play upfront too.
Spoil sport let us dream it’s been a **** few months on here

Ragnar

Reaction score
So how do we fare with ffp. Anyone know the figures? Based on the fact that our transfer strategy was based on selling Neves for big money, which hasn’t happened, surely we need to sell some more before we can bring in anymore?
Great thread by Swiss Ramble about Newcastle and how they can’t spend big compared to what fans were expecting. Now based on the fact we we working right on the edge of being within ffp limits a few years ago, surely we will struggle?

We are in absolutely no danger of breaching FFP rules and never have been.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great thread by Swiss Ramble about Newcastle and how they can’t spend big compared to what fans were expecting. Now based on the fact we we working right on the edge of being within ffp limits a few years ago, surely we will struggle
I seem to remember seeing a figure of 70m we had to play with prior to the latest accounts, and then we made a profit again, so would think we have somewhere near to 90m to 100m to play with

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not Wolves news - but United are going after Rabiot (think some have been concerned they might look here for Neves if FDJ does not arrive)

EXCL: Man Utd United working on deal to sign Adrien Rabiot from Juventus. #MUFC must decide if they proceed irrespective of ongoing De Jong pursuit or await outcome of that before deciding. 27yo France midfielder has 1yr on #Juve contract

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
After yesterday's poor showing at Old Trafford Manchester United have enquired about a loan with option to buy for The South Bank.

The offer includes re-routing coaches from London to Wolverhampton on match days, and a free Fred The Red scarf for every fan included.

Jeff Shi, has insisted that Molineux Mix is included in any deal.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not Wolves news - but United are going after Rabiot (think some have been concerned they might look here for Neves if FDJ does not arrive)

EXCL: Man Utd United working on deal to sign Adrien Rabiot from Juventus. #MUFC must decide if they proceed irrespective of ongoing De Jong pursuit or await outcome of that before deciding. 27yo France midfielder has 1yr on #Juve contract

Hopefully it means we keep Neves

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Would be good if someone who is fully abreast of the FFP rules could let us know but as I understand it the new FFP rules are on wages as a % of turnover (not sure that is as well as or instead off accumulated losses over a period) but we can only spend 70% of our turnover on wages which I think even in the last financial period was 72% (although I think that was the Covid season so t/o was slightly down on a 'normal' year). In any cases on that selling MGW for £40m won't massively benefit us as his contract would have been one of the lowest in the first team squad and any sort of replacement will be on more money than MGW currently earns.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After yesterday's poor showing at Old Trafford Manchester United have enquired about a loan with option to buy for The South Bank.

The offer includes re-routing coaches from London to Wolverhampton on match days, and a free Fred The Red scarf for every fan included.

Jeff Shi, has insisted that Molineux Mix is included in any deal.
Don't blame him after this summer. Open letter anyone

Ragnar

Reaction score
Would be good if someone who is fully abreast of the FFP rules could let us know but as I understand it the new FFP rules are on wages as a % of turnover (not sure that is as well as or instead off accumulated losses over a period) but we can only spend 70% of our turnover on wages which I think even in the last financial period was 72% (although I think that was the Covid season so t/o was slightly down on a 'normal' year). In any cases on that selling MGW for £40m won't massively benefit us as his contract would have been one of the lowest in the first team squad and any sort of replacement will be on more money than MGW currently earns.

2 lots of bonuses were rolled into that due to the delay because of Covid, also the severance payments to Nuno and his staff came under the category "wages" we aren't in any kind of trouble at all with wages or FFP.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That could be another car-crash signing for United

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

With him and Arnautovic they're clearly going for the right kind of characters to get them out of the mess they're in...

Back
Top Bottom