Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Guedes.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe that this means MGW will go.
Not necessarily, could be Coady / traore ......it's untrue we have no money......we obviously need a midfielder, could be Nico Gonzalez on loan deal, if nobody leaves.
But I personally think we are daft , not to accept the 35m for Gibbs., to reinvest anyway....yes we are short....people can call me what they want but was talking with loads of forest fans on the trains yesterday and they all thought,35m for Gibbs was laughable...

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much would you pay for Guedes with 3 years left on his contract? £27m would suggest hes actually worth £60m?

I’ve genuinely no idea, never seen him play tbh

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I have forgotten about him haven't I.

I know he has improved but personally I am really not a fan. He was a shocking defender and a fairly **** poor wingback.

He has improved but still has very little end product.

But I guess he should be put in the team in place of Jonny.

But if someone want to give us £25m for him I would drive him there myself.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if this means we are selling Coady and this is where the money is going? Would be made up if we could get Guedes and then get Nico Gonzalez on loan.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score

Wolves are given a huge boost in quest to sign Goncalo Guedes with forward left out of Valencia squad to face Atalanta..

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm I've watched him for portugal loads he's a good player and has an eye for goal but really not convinced he's worth that fee. But he's a reasonably proven consistent player over a number of years unlike most of our attacking options who are either very young or have been inconsistent so I guess I can see why.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get Batshuayi and Guedes I will be delighted.

Sa
Jonny, Killman, Collins, Ran
Neves, Moutinho
MGW
Neto, Batshuayi, Guedes

Bench when everyone is fit

Sarkic
Hwang
Pedonce
Donk
Adama
Boly
Jiminez
Coady
Ronan
Cundle

In reality I expect Coady and Adama to be sold to fund Guedes, or maybe they will take the MGW offer. Someone is being sacrificed so we can spend £25m+ on Guedes - I think he is a talent and will do well.

Where’s Semedo? Where’s Chiquinho?

Maybe think about Toti as well.

R

reanswolf

I do like Guedes based on what I previously saw of him. Maybe gone off the boil a bit tho but has the ability and potential.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Need to keep MGW as well otherwise the 1st 11 may be strengthened but the squad won't be. Hopefully we get this guy, but still need a CF and CM too..

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some scouting reports, newest to oldest…

Paints a picture of a top dribbler, with good vision and interaction with his teammates, and who benefits from a free roaming role up front rather than being forced to stay out wide. Couple of seasons ago, suffered from the impact of an ankle injury and four months out, but was strong when he first came through and at the start of last season.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the big fee i wounder if this means mgw is off.
Either way he can play in all forward areas and is an upgrade hope he signs.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is everyone so obsessed with Belotti?

I follow Italian football, and he's liked and popular, sure, but is not considered as some kind of super striker. He would be much less respected in Italy if he wasn't Italian and almost all big team strikers are foreign.

He just isn't that great.

To be fair, and having said that he's still be a huge improvement over anything we have at the moment, just for his hustle and bustle at least. If he brings it over, which sometimes Italians don't do.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if this means we are selling Coady and this is where the money is going? Would be made up if we could get Guedes and then get Nico Gonzalez on loan.
Lots more stuff linking Coady to West Ham down south, price around £20M. Hopefully if he does go, and l'd prefer that he doesn't, we can get a bit of an auction going.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Given the big fee i wounder if this means mgw is off.
Either way he can play in all forward areas and is an upgrade hope he signs.
Isn't the fee similar size to the one agreed for Trincao, money we'd already earmarked for spending?

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think Mohammad Barakat will soon be Busst too if he keeps on paying 70 Euros package and postage to get it delivered to Spain. Everyone likes to smell nice, but come on.

Is your autocorrect from the 90s? Changing 'bust' to (David?) Busst?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’d be a welcome addition but why the hell have we done it so late? I suspect either Coady or MGW are on the way out to fund this. Everton lost two defenders to injury yesterday so I can see that forcing their hand for Coady and if we are fully committed to a back four it makes sense for us. In isolation Guedes would be lipstick on a pig, we need a first team ready CM this week.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Problem is that MGW wants game time. The more that we strengthen the less he is likely to get.
Its a good point. But if this guy can play anywhere along the front line then it would allow us to change things in various positions. Hopefully MGW isn't going to be like one of those kids at footy that throw a tantrum every time they're not starting or are subbed...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’d be a welcome addition but why the hell have we done it so late? I suspect either Coady or MGW are on the way out to fund this. Everton lost two defenders to injury yesterday so I can see that forcing their hand for Coady and if we are fully committed to a back four it makes sense for us. In isolation Guedes would be lipstick on a pig, we need a first team ready CM this week.
We aren't the only club that hasn't completed its business. Perhaps Valencia wouldn't release him until they'd sorted their own business?

Back
Top Bottom