Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NoOneButNothingButNeto
Sorry everyone - apparently MolMix relies on precision responses now.

This was a guess based off Bruno’s conference. I’m not convinced we’re going 4ATB with Leeds and no striker. To confirm (for precision’s sake) I’d really like to play a 4-2-3-1 but I don’t expect to.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hope we do get Batshuayi.

In the old formation I don’t think it would work, in the 4-2-3-1 he could be ideal.

Pretty much, his main features are his pace and being a decent finisher he isn't the overall player someone like Raul who at his best can do it all but with players around him he'll score a respectable amount. He struggled at Palace in Hodgsons last season which indicates he doesn't suit defensive formations but if we play like preaseaon he will get plenty of service.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question, do you think it could have been done all behind the scenes today in the morning, so he can be in the squad tomorrow
Who knows - I'd be surprised if we have, but seeing the way we get signings done, it also wouldn't surprise me.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry everyone - apparently MolMix relies on precision responses now.

This was a guess based off Bruno’s conference. I’m not convinced we’re going 4ATB with Leeds and no striker. To confirm (for precision’s sake) I’d really like to play a 4-2-3-1 but I don’t expect to.

False 9 in a 433 works a hell of a lot better then in a 523

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Finally, we might be signing an actual striker! (on loan) Would be great to get him in for tomorrow, but imagine it'll be Neto MGW and Pod up front...

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finally, we might be signing an actual striker! (on loan) Would be great to get him in for tomorrow, but imagine it'll be Neto MGW and Pod up front...
Think it’d be too late for tomorrow now, wouldn’t it?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really pleased with Batshuayi if it happens, wasn't expecting someone like Ramos because of how much it would cost, and with Silva out on loan he'll be expected to compete next year.

Just need to keep MGW and then go all-in after a dynamic midfielder like Nunes.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Absolutely correct ill take him or batshuayi on a perm so one can be on a loan
I would imagine Bats transfer fee wouldn't be so bad given he is in last year of contract and unlikely to sign. Not sure they'd let Gilmour go perm yet. Though you would think they will get rid of a few given the business they are doing (and maybe still to do).

I like gilmour, but would prefer a more physical midfielder to come in as something different

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
I agree with the sentiment, Batshuayi has a decent record and tons of experience. Fingers crossed that if he does join us he can create an impact, he has the tools.

A huge amount of work still to do with the squad but Collins and (hopefully) Batshuayi would be a start.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really are on a knife edge aren’t we. Lose MGW, lose Ruben late in the window, threadbare stale squad, real downward spiral. Keep MGW, Neves also signs a new contract, we finally sign a centre back (done) midfielder (Nunes, we can but dream) and a decent striker to support Raul (Bat), Traore back into the fold too, a move to a back 4, and it’s the start of a bold new era.

We always seem to feel so near yet so far.

In the clubs defence, it would have been very easy to sell at least a couple of big money assets by now this window, which they haven’t. That’s the only thing making me think maybe this could still all come good.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Batshuayi is a good solution for a year. Don't even really need an option either with Fabio hopefully coming back firing next season (although it would be a nice to have).

T

TheConcourse

Anything more mate?
The only other was Coady. Expects it to happen next week to Everton. Nothing guaranteed though, very much on Coady.

Loan with fee suggested. No obligation. Full wages paid by Everton.

Suggests we’re probably in for another 2. One CM and one winger.

Back
Top Bottom