Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. I think the comment was in reply to a question about Cody. It suggests that he’s keeping the option to switch to 5 open for flexibility.
I could actually see us use the back 5 tomorrow to handle Leeds’ all-out-attack. Given we don’t have Raul for holdup, I think we’ll do a 5-2-3 or even the 5-3-2 with Neto and MGW up front.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How have the club treated him badly?

He's learnt most of his football from us; had a successful loan with a request to return this January (which he turned down); had Lage kissing his **** throughout preseason; had the offer of a new contract.

The only downer I can recall is his early return from the Swansea loan to sit on the bench, but that's because he wasn't good enough to force his way into the team.
'In his mind'

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is it a silly game? It seems a sensible thing to do from his point of view. He’s had a successful year last year and now wants to see how the Season starts off before making a decision about tue next step in his career. And is it possible to “find yourself sold”? Doesn’t he have to agree to go?

You outline the scenarios above and while they might be possibilities it’s also equally likely that, were he to extend his contract right now, he could end up not playing and nobody will buy him because the price goes up due to his longer term contract. Sure, it could blow up in his face but it just sounds like he’s being prudent at a pivotal moment in his career.
Not sure how many people here have or had an agent or representation but I can say 100% everyone that has represented me and my friends (not football tho) would say don't sign a contract quite yet. Irrelevant if you want to stay or not.

The offer will probably be there if there's an injury or sticky start to the season. A good start and you have all the power. An unhappy player and you have more power to force a move.

It's only fans who interpret not signing as desiring a move. Sometimes it's true and sometimes it's a power play. The forest drama could be being used by his agent to push wolves for a better deal in a few weeks time. Who knows.

No smoke without fire doesn't always mean the fire is where you think.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
I’m hoping we’re playing a PR master stroke to rinse Forest for every available penny when it comes to MGW, and that they’ve learnt their lesson when it comes to selling at the most opportune time in terms of form and remaining contract length. It’s a big leap of faith with the management team to believe this, however.

I think we’ve effectively told them that £35M is value. If they pay that (or even a little less - say £30M) upfront then we’re dealing.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno Lage has been on the end of the stick for much crap IMO.
I think we overachieved last season given the squad and starting eleven we had,and I feel Bruno didn´t get any praise for that at all.
He set us up exactly right given the difficult circumstances..and the team produced a 10 placing because of it.
I have no trouble..whatsoever..winning 1-0.
I like Lage and I find him to be a much better manager than what he is getting credit for on this place.

I´m sure we will yet again be a hard unit to win against..despite no backing to speak of from our owner.

I´m in Bruno Lages barmy army...good manager.

R

reanswolf

I would take £35m if he won’t sign a new contract, tho I have concerns about our ability to get players in based on the last few years.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would take £35m if he won’t sign a new contract, tho I have concerns about our ability to get players in based on the last few years.
Me too, let's be honest if someone came in with 35 million this time last year we would have snapped their hands off. A good Championship season plus good reports preseason doesn't mean he'll cut it over the course of a Premier League season. We may regret not taking the bid.
The worry as you say is how and if we spend the money.

TWOLF

Reaction score
£35m is a lot of money. Jeff clearly has a lot of faith in Bruno and likewise with Bruno and MGW.

If we can get £25m for Coady I think we should let him choose. He's clearly an incredible person to have in the dressing room but if he wants to fight for his place in the world cup it looks likely he would need to leave.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it bad that a small part of me would be intrigued to see us sell Coady, Neves, MGW and Traore for say £130m and then go on a mad trolley dash for a few weeks bringing in half a dozen players?

Similar to that first window under Fosun. Might not work out but it was good fun at the time!

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have to hope Bruno is right about being confident this will be a good month with transfers or he will have been let down again and any injuries and we are stuffed.
I imagine he's said it more in hope that certainty... Didn't he say the same thing last time?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have I missed something….!? The MGW and Coady stuff are just rumours. Nothing concrete and yet people are in full blown meltdown over it.
Oh dear…..didn’t anybody tell you?

You see it was all a bit quiet and so to kill time , we decided to have a practice meltdown for when the window closes.:)

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also one good season from MGW you can double his current 35m valuation
WIth only a year left on his contract?? Alternately one bad season and he will be worth half of the 35m. For what he's achieved in his career so far it's very, very good money for him. Problem is how we don't play football with pound notes and the difficulty getting players in suggests it won't be any guarantee the money is well invested back into the playing squad.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it bad that a small part of me would be intrigued to see us sell Coady, Neves, MGW and Traore for say £130m and then go on a mad trolley dash for a few weeks bringing in half a dozen players?

Similar to that first window under Fosun. Might not work out but it was good fun at the time!
If this was the window following that one I may agree. However our experience with transfers since then has been less exhilarating!

Back
Top Bottom