Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is there any way you can complain about a club making further unwanted approaches?

If they've bid two or three times and we've insisted he's not for sale at what point do you say "enough is enough"?

It could unsettle the player (which I think is partly their plan) and we have more important things to be doing than politely (or impolitely) telling Forest to naff off.

In a social context it would probably be considered harrassment to keep offering money for something someone doesn't want to sell.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there any way you can complain about a club making further unwanted approaches?

If they've bid two or three times and we've insisted he's not for sale at what point do you say "enough is enough"?

It could unsettle the player (which I think is partly their plan) and we have more important things to be doing than politely (or impolitely) telling Forest to naff off.

In a social context it would probably be considered harrassment to keep offering money for something someone doesn't want to sell.
If a player is unsettled by interest from playoff winners Nottingham Forest, I would politely suggest he isn't the right personality for the team we are trying to build!

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Won't happen. He has admitted in his latest interview he is falling in love with the club, like every manager before him. No manager has ever walked away from the Wolves job in our illustrious 135 year history. So huge middle finger to "fans" like you.
Hoddle did.

But that wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nothing like a bit of excitement eve of first game. Is the old bait and switch in play? We haven't made any money on a sale yet, it will happen before end of window, but who will it be? MGW, Coady, Adama, Neves or A Nother?
If we sell A Nother too i will be fuming coady, mgw, neves and now him, wheres the ambitious !!!

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Its obviously there plan to unsettle the player. Utilising the cavalry of Fores related journalist to make the world know that a sale is just a few days away, and how much they want him is an obvious way of doing that. It's not pretty, but I'm not sure much can be done about it
Hopefully his head isnt turned by it, and he remains fully focused.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If a player is unsettled by interest from playoff winners Nottingham Forest, I would politely suggest he isn't the right personality for the team we are trying to build!
Have you ever been in a job with the opportunity of moving somewhere else? You're not 100% you want to leave but the new job could be better, could be worse.

You've had the interview with the new employer but you're waiting on a response? Then you get an offer and have a big decision to make.

I've been there and it can affect you in ways you wouldn't necessarily expect.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do love the language the click bait twitter feeds use to make it sound like they’ve got the inside track … “moved fast” … we used to call that “picked up the ****ing phone”

Some people get bent out of shape over “monitoring”, “watching” and “retaining an interest in” but it’s really very funny and just a race to the top of Mount Twitter-Relevance

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady is an excellent fit for Everton at least playing wise. They badly need leadership in their team and their defence needs his organisational skills. The fact he's a former Liverpool player and a lifetime red though isn't going to warm him to their fans either. If they pay a good fee and in a world cup year he needs to play so I'd let him go. I'm going to be so sad though if it happens.

I'm not convinced yet the back 4 will last, I think Kilman could play the Coady role pretty well and Lage has tried him out as captain in preseason, Collins also talked about as a leader etc. But still think we'd miss Coady in that formation

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not sure about loaning Coady out.

I now people will be up in arms about a loan, but it can be useful in some situations.

Lets say Coady is on £40k a week, that's £2m a year, add it a good loan fee of say £3m and all of a sudden you have £5m extra to play with in the market, and you still have a £25m asset playing, in the shop window and potentially going to a world cup.

I would be gutted to lose Coady, but for the right deal it could make good sense.

I mean if Wet Spam offered £40m I would drive him there myself, no matter how much I love the bloke.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm starting to think Batshauyi is a good fit. He's athletic and a decent finisher I think if MGW stays along with Podence/Neto he gets decent service. I think he could play with Raul too in a 2 or maybe even in an inside forward position.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Coady is an excellent fit for Everton at least playing wise. They badly need leadership in their team and their defence needs his organisational skills. The fact he's a former Liverpool player and a lifetime red though isn't going to warm him to their fans either. If they pay a good fee and in a world cup year he needs to play so I'd let him go. I'm going to be so sad though if it happens.

I'm not convinced yet the back 4 will last, I think Kilman could play the Coady role pretty well and Lage has tried him out as captain in preseason, Collins also talked about as a leader etc. But still think we'd miss Coady in that formation
The vast majority of Everton fans are in favour. You'll always get one or two diehard Liverpool haters totally against but most seem able to put rivalry aside and see that it make sense for them at this time.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bill McGarry walked away the second time round...
And it depends on why and when. My recollection is that he did this very soon aftercoming back on finding out what the ownership was really all about and could not go along with this position. If I am wrong will someone please correct me on this.

17miles

Reaction score
Alex Crook saying we have turned down £35 million for MGW

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coadys time at Wolves is up. Great servant. Brilliant character, and superb attitude exemplified by him moving to sweeper back in the preseason In Austria and Nuno building his system round that deep lying defender pinging balls out to our wide players. It worked wonders. Got us into Europe. Got Coady into the England squad. But to progress we need that extra man in midfield, a free roaming midfielder who can play between the lines, and to do that you can't afford to have a defender who is literally your luxury player. The player you build your system around so that they are always free, rarely has to defend one on one, and main objective is to keep the ball at the back when in possession. We lack a cutting edge for that very reason. So best option for all involved would be for Coady to go on loan, find a team that fits his profile and to make sure he is on that plane to Quatar. We owe him that.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is he (assuming he is! ) unsettled? We wanted him to be here in January; in preseason Lage has seemingly made it clear that he's important to the team.

All I can think of is money. Forest offering a level of pay above us? The financial gain from a transfer (a signing on fee? receiving 5% of the transfer fee?)

Why else? It can't be the lure of European football, nor the fact that Forest are a much bigger club; maybe working with Cooper in the past is a factor but I suspect there's much more to it than that.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And it depends on why and when. My recollection is that he did this very soon aftercoming back on finding out what the ownership was really all about and could not go along with this position. If I am wrong will someone please correct me on this.
You're right. He lasted something like 2 months before realising just what the Bhatti brothers were really about.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If wolves have no intention to sell then they can easily ignore the bids and not respond. Forest therefore think we are considering it, but it’s basically it’s gone straight in the bin!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£35m is a lot of money to turn down for him, but they've left themselves with little choice.

You can't say Forest aren't determined though with an offer like that (assuming the add-ons are realistic).

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To flip this around, forest are nuts offering £35m for mgw if true. Not silva nuts (!) but he's had one good season at senior level and should be in the 20-25m range if we were looking to sell for some reason.

Not that I think we should because if he performs in the prem he will be worth more than that. If we'd had that offer at the end of last season then just maybe it'd have been worth taking as we'd have a lot more time to use it in the market in time for preseason. Now would be daft tho as our squad is already too limited.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently latest MGW offer was in excess of £30m if add-on's were achieved. Must be getting near the point now where we potentially twist?
Even as a fan of MGW, that it is good money for a player who has a championship season under his belt.

I think we can equate to him to that guy that Villa bought to replace Greasy. If we start talking those numbers, then it will be tricky to say no.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even as a fan of MGW, that it is good money for a player who has a championship season under his belt.

I think we can equate to him to that guy that Villa bought to replace Greasy. If we start talking those numbers, then it will be tricky to say no.
Buendia?

If forest go up past 40 to 50m then its madness but at the same time, i think lage feels him integral to what he wants to do, so no sell.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't read this entire thread the last few days, so don't know if this has been said...

Any deal for Coady leaving has to be a permanent one. We shouldn't be loaning out players, particularly influential ones like he undoubtedly is, to rival teams in the PL who are a part of the "Other 14".

I get he wants to play at the WC. I get he's been an incredible ambassador. I get he's been an unbelievable captain.

But sentiment gets you nowhere in this league.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We desperately need funds so i would be angry if coady was loaned instead of sold.
Sorry Hollo but on this one you are way out of touch with our Owner's thinking. In this case we should loan him out to Barca for a season with no conditions and to help them out also pay his wages. :rolleyes:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

OFF YOU **** FOREST!!

Just want to note on this, Keen is really pushing wolves not want to sell, clearly coming from club.

Coady its, open to selling and compassionate to his world cup predicamenet.

Only see it as coady can go MGW stays. It meets with what the news is about us in talks with everton for his sale.
Forest are using the media to push their agenda. I have no problem whatsoever with Wolves doing exactly the same in response.

We don't want to sell unless you make a stupid offer we really can't refuse AND MGW says that he wants to go....

Given all that has gone on that means £40M+ for me.....

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ornstein version of events.

Final offer we rejected, but no interest in contract, but i think that is the case untill porbably november january when he sees where the season goes.

Reality if he has a wordlie he might go to a top 6 side rather than forest, which im sure hed prefer.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Ornstein version of events.

Final offer we rejected, but no interest in contract, but i think that is the case untill porbably november january when he sees where the season goes.

Reality if he has a wordlie he might go to a top 6 side rather than forest, which im sure hed prefer.

Exactly Ornstein just omitted the word “yet”.

Either its clickbait journalism to keep people following or Forest are trying to use the media to unsettle things.

Back
Top Bottom