Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have to say, if we sell mgw now that's absolutely insane. However, let's see if it actually happens or not and definitely stop having a go at mgw. If the club ok a transfer, that's a pretty awful message to the player at this point.
Fully agreed

Should we not wait until this is confirmed by one of the top tier journalists (like a Percy) before we go into absolute meltdown and start flinging abuse towards the club and Jeff etc.

We had a similar thing happen last month when he was nailed on to go to Forest and then it didn’t happen. We have also had a poster on here claiming to know MGW personally and saying the club want him to stay and the player wants to be here. So who knows.

However, if this does turn out to be true then I will be as peed off as the rest of you!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean....I'm all for selling players at their peak value and this (to my mind) is very much peak MGW value. If he doesn't sign a new deal and has a poor six months, he loses a LOT of value. I can understand the sale.

But - now? We do have to field a team!

I've done a full 180 on him this summer. I wanted to sell him initially but he's won me over. Mad timing IF he goes before Leeds.
It doesn't make any sense when we seem to have circled the whole pre season with him in the squad.

I don't like to say sleeping walking to you know what, but my lord, we are a golden shade of Everton should this go ahead.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean....I'm all for selling players at their peak value and this (to my mind) is very much peak MGW value. If he doesn't sign a new deal and has a poor six months, he loses a LOT of value. I can understand the sale.

But - now? We do have to field a team!

I've done a full 180 on him this summer. I wanted to sell him initially but he's won me over. Mad timing IF he goes before Leeds.
To me it's the opposite. I still don't see where he fits, and I'm not convinced he's going to get the goals. And we really badly need somebody....anybody who can finish.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope you're right, but it concerns me.

To be fair when I say about making him look integral, I'm more alluding to the interview in the Spain training camp, the release of the conversation with Lage when he had the mic, no doubt that MGW has been thrust forward somewhat by the media team this pre-season. The pre-season games themselves he was always going to be a starter to be fair, too many absentees for him not to start the games. Would he have been starting with everyone fit? For me, yes, but no idea what plans (or targets) they have that might change that

Reaction score
To me it's the opposite. I still don't see where he fits, and I'm not convinced he's going to get the goals. And we really badly need somebody....anybody who can finish.
Just the 22+ goal contributions last season and we’ve made a huge song and dance about him all pre season.

Lage on the mic telling him to come off the wing and cause havoc.

The spin is unreal

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is true its hard to believe for 2 years running, MGW has played well pre-season then ended up playing for someone else. I guess the possibility of him staying has upped the price and forest are backing their man heavily.
I expect Coady and Adama will be also be off to further bolster the coffers. What happens then is anybodies guess - re-invest or gamble for short term profit. Surely Fosun will edge the bet and we will get some high value buys/loans in - several hopefully.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selling coady I can understand but that timing would be very poor. Selling mgw tho? Promising english player off the back of a great season and who's had a good preseason in a key role?

That really isn't defensible. Sure it's good money but you'd really have had to have got your targets before you accept that - and very good targets too.

Mgw and neto should be our starting wide forwards. Pod is unreliable and injury probe, hwang rubbish there, and traore best as a sub. Any new player has to bed in.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe what I'm reading. This surely can't be true. It's blindingly obvious that Lage was planning on him being a massive part of his plans, he's been a focal point of pre-season, and we're already at tipping point.

The last eight months have been incomprehensible, what on earth is going on?

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything over 30m would be good. Didn't think we'd get anywhere near that.

Few extra bumping it to 35m. Get them to pay up.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£35m to spend on someone who’s better than MGW.

Spending money does not guarantee that his replacement will be better.

He’s a ready made improvement for our starting 11. He knows the squad, and has provided that link between midfield and attack that we were desperately missing….. and now we’re just going to sell him? WHY?!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam Keen keeps saying the deal isn't close but I've seen at least 4 separate Forest sources saying it's almost a done deal. Wtf is going on.
Well, there is no way MGW is playing for Wolves v Leeds if he's had a medical already. If MGW is in the squad and travelling with the team then all these sources are somewhat suspect, to put it politely.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never a dull day.

I was halfway through posting a comment about how he is so obviously going to be a key figure next season with all the attention from the wolves media team.

it's going to be an interesting couple of days to say the least.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, Forest fans don't seem so het up about it. They seem to take the view that they will believe it when they see it and it isn't as big a deal for them as it is for us.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd guess Forest have made an improved bid. That isn't the same as we've accepted and I'd also guess someone at Forest is exaggerating every time they do bid to put pressure on.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This amazing pre-season he has had, he's got a massive one goal in. I don't get the fuss. I know everybody wants one of our own to do well, but his ability is being well exaggerated on here. We aren't selling Neves or Neto. We're selling a guy who at 22 has had one very good season in the championship.
Neto and ait-nouri for me have been the highlight of pre-season. Gibbs-white has done some nice things, shown some good movement but has missed a fair few sitters and been upstaged by Podence and Neto. If we have to sell anybody to generate cash then surely this is the guy?

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd guess Forest have made an improved bid. That isn't the same as we've accepted and I'd also guess someone at Forest is exaggerating every time they do bid to put pressure on.
No it’s not. But if Forest have made an acceptable bid and Wolves have indicated they will accept, then after the Silva loan reaction I imagine they will want some time to work out a storyline for the press to cover themselves.

Honestly. If this is true and we lose to Leeds, then there will be angry chants against Jeff and Scott, and those will continue until either they leave or get their finger out and sign some decent replacements.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Just a point
Why moan at Jeff and Scott

They are employed by fosun to put in place the spending strategy as agreed. Sure they’d happily spend £200m if fosun allowed

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least you are waiting to see if it actually happens! Some on here are kicking off already
If this actually happens then I will be sending letters to Jeff to tell him to politely **** off . Is that clear enough?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can do what you want. I’m just saying let’s wait and see if it actually happens first.

Think you need to take a break mate, getting this worked up is not healthy.

Had a lovely evening watching the athletics at the Commonwealth Games and on the train back now reading this crap about MGW. Yes it’s just rumours and no nothing has been announced or confirmed by a reliable journalist. All I’m saying is that if true, then Jeff can **** off and take Scott with him. Unless you’ve forgotten we still don’t have a striker to start against Leeds, and who’s fault is that? That’s not going to change now is it?

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I do wonder if Wolves releasing the video of Bruno telling MGW how he wants him to play was deliberate and essentially a smoke screen, when we were really saying….look look we wanted him to stay as much as you the legacy fans and we couldn’t have done anything else to make him stay, when the truth is vastly different

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
would be typical us, spend the whole pre-season with him a key part of the new system only to sell him a day before the first game. 35m is a decent fee for him however I don’t trust the idiots in charge to replace him.

Back
Top Bottom