Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good and speedy are Scott sellers and his band of muppets….. they have known we have needed another striker since last season, they let the heir go on loan, lost the main man and goal threat, but hey ho let’s dilly dally and sign someone when the points are already up for grabs and handicap ourselves at the start of the season.

These guys are grossly incompetent and need replacing ASAP they are truly not fit for purpose and setting us up for a harder season than we deserve.

But yay we are paying even more again for the privellage thanks Jeff and fosun, your lack of ambition is really rewarding a 4th successive price increase.

You cost yourselves significantly more in prize money from the Jan to final result than we have given you in additional revenue, fosun need to put good FOOTBALL intelligent people in charge.

Scott sellars may have worked at city, but he didn’t produce much and he was moved out because there were significant concerns that they weren’t producing enough home talent to fill the home quota rules. Adding to that he has produced **** all here as well.

This guy was nowhere qualified or experienced to get the job he is in now and I personally believe him being a yes man who adds “football” credibility to jeffs opinions and coms to fosun is why he is there and still at the club. This lack of ability of his is killing us in such a key area and needs addressing.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's quite ridiculous that Silva left nearly a month ago and we're now only at the stage where we're looking at Hwang Ui-Jo.
Except that's not the case. We've obviously been looking both before and after.

Now if you'd said 'signed' I'd agree - it is ridiculous. Not the end of then world ridiculous but still daft.

Also, transfer rumours are just that. Judge on actual signed players or official statements, not mindless gossip with wording like 'keeping tabs on'. Wolves will have extensive portfolios on endless players. You don't just go looking at the last minute (tho sometimes an unexpected opportunity may come up).

I swear some folks think football is run like a computer game, not by actual professionals who do this for a living. It's messy and corrupt but it's also professional and detailed with crazy statistics and reports available now.

We can judge by lack of signings because that's a fact, not by what the rumour mill pumps out. Especially the wording that gets used.

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ITS WOLVES O CLOCK ON SKY SPORTS

Everton want to sign Wolves' Coady​

Everton want to sign Wolverhampton Wanderers Central defender Conor Coady.
The 29-year-old has been at the Midlands club for seven years, but blues boss Frank Lampard would like to add the experienced defender to his ranks.
It's thought Wolves would want to keep the player at Molineux, but are sympathetic to the fact Coady is keen to force his way into the England squad in a World Cup year.

Wolves keen on Batshuayi loan deal​

Wolves are interested in signing Michy Batshuayi on a season-long loan from Chelsea.
The club have prioritised signing a new striker before the deadline after their main frontman Raul Jimenez suffered an injury in pre-season.
They are currently working on multiple targets and would prefer a loan, with the 28-year-old Batshuayi seemingly not in Thomas Tuchel’s plans.
The Belgium international has spent the past two seasons out on loan – scoring 14 in 33 Super Lig appearances for Besiktas last term, having notched just two for Crystal Palace in 2020-21.
Chelsea also have Armando Broja, Timo Werner and Kai Havertz as striker options ahead Batshuayi, after letting Romelu Lukaku re-join Inter Milan – and have also been looking at their own options in the market.
Bordeaux striker Ui-jo Hwang is another option Wolves are looking at with as many as three others.

On a side note i was waiting for a coady link, hes a consummate professional but he did not look happy captaining the u23 side basically in friendlies, and boy was he poor

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh great..

Let me guess:
- Option to buy for a massive fee
- Massive loan fee if we don't buy him

All great then..

Having said that, he's a good player and I'd fancy him to do better than Trincao
Yes yes and thrice ****ing yes

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do a hell of a lot of 'monitoring' and 'keeping tabs'.

A bit more 'signing' and 'announcing' would be marvellous.
Of course it would, but these things take time. You really cannot blame them as they clearly didn't receive the memo regarding the opening of the annual summer transfer window.

Considering the way we play and how incredibly important the Raul role is... I cannot believe we are going to open the season without an actual senior striker available. It seems absolutely insane with the amount of winable games in the early stage of the season.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More sky sports wolves news

Forest pushing to sign Wolves' Gibbs-White​

Nottingham Forest still pushing to sign Wolves midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White.
Wolves have rejected two bids - the latest believed to be close to £25m.
Forest are expected to go back in with an improved offer.
As it stands, Wolves have no intention of selling the 22-year-old.
Gibbs-White, who played under Forest boss Steve Cooper at Swansea, has two years left on his contract.

I like this response, strong arm - No intention

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh great..

Let me guess:
- Option to buy for a massive fee
- Massive loan fee if we don't buy him

All great then..

Having said that, he's a good player and I'd fancy him to do better than Trincao

Yep, agree on all points. Suspect his option price would be silly money but he appears to have qualities that would make him a great fit for us.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re my post yesterday.
I saw a bit of a convoy of very nice cars entering Compton including the blacked out Media vehicle Wolves use.
It may well now be related to the media day but I didn't see any BBC logos on the vehicles.
No more information than that.
Guo perhaps?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair. I think they’re also relaxed about him leaving too.
If it funds Nunes then I can understand it.

It would leave a bit of a sour taste for me though because I’ve been looking forward to seeing what he can do for us after spending last season tearing up the championship.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were to sign Batshuayi and Nico Gonzalez (as well as perhaps a wildcard like Osorio) whilst retaining Neves/MGW I'd probably be reasonably happy all things considered. I still get a feeling we will eventually accept a bid for at least one of them though, perhaps even both if mega bucks are on the table. As to what happens then anyone's guess is as good as mine. Whatever happens I don't see Nunes rocking up here

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More sky sports wolves news

Forest pushing to sign Wolves' Gibbs-White​

Nottingham Forest still pushing to sign Wolves midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White.
Wolves have rejected two bids - the latest believed to be close to £25m.
Forest are expected to go back in with an improved offer.
As it stands, Wolves have no intention of selling the 22-year-old.
Gibbs-White, who played under Forest boss Steve Cooper at Swansea, has two years left on his contract.

I like this response, strong arm - No intention
I think Forest are pretty stupid pinning all their hopes on a player who isn’t actually up for sale; it would take an offer that both the club and the player cannot refuse to make this go through, they are not exactly a more attractive option than us on the face of it. That said we need to ensure that any contract we offer him takes the interest of other clubs into account.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Forest are pretty stupid pinning all their hopes on a player who isn’t actually up for sale; it would take an offer that both the club and the player cannot refuse to make this go through, they are not exactly a more attractive option than us on the face of it. That said we need to ensure that any contract we offer him takes the interest of other clubs into account.
But they aren't stupid are they?

They've obviously had word from his agent that he will be willing to go.

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Batshuayi scored 14 in 33 for besiktas last season.

Still underwhelming but not a bad record

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All good and agree, but don’t you think it would be good to have done some, ideally all of that before signing off Silva’s loan? If so, then we could have acted quickly following Raul’s injury, assuming that increased the priority of bringing in another player.
Yeah, agree on that. I'm guessing something fell through with Silva's intended replacement so they've moved onto their reserve list. And at least they've left enough time to, hopefully, do that.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW goes and we won’t replace him, it’s the wolves way

Dont see how he gets in Forests team anyway with Lingard and Johnson there

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only way I can see wolves selling MGW this window if he hands in a transfer request.
I agree on this @yateleywolf, something like we have told him he can go if they stump up 30m, then they put in 30m and we reject.

He is annoyed hands in a transfer request, then we let him go.

Only way i forsee it

westside wolf

Reaction score
Maybe getting carried away, but wonder if it's possible we go for Hwang Ui-Jo and Batshuayi.

Back
Top Bottom