Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who was it that said £10-15m players were beneath us now and only for clubs like Brighton?!

And here's Wolves clutching at a £3m brand expansion

It does kind of sum up how lacking in ambition we are at present. If we are in for this player and cant get this over the line fairly quickly then it will also sum it all up.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
“Booo Fosun out, why aren’t we signing a striker?!”

Make a bid for a striker…

“No not him, we’ve already got a player called that, I’ve never seen him play but I know he’s rubbish, we’re only signing him because of where he’s from, booo Fosun out”.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am really sick of this utter amateur non ambitious *******s. How many times are we going to miss chances to capitalise on a good team?

In 10 years time we will look back thinking how great this time was. Neves, Moutinho, Kilman etc..but at the same time it is going to be an era of missed opportunity.

Oh and this korean lad? Sums them up. Sit around that ask Wolves table like the condescending wannabes that they are, x player must tick this box, we only sign the right player, has to fit in the ethos.. etc.. etc... There is only one reason you sign a Korean international. And we know that, because we have one and he is ****ing ****.

****ed off.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am really sick of this utter amateur non ambitious *******s. How many times are we going to miss chances to capitalise on a good team?

In 10 years time we will look back thinking how great this time was. Neves, Moutinho, Kilman etc..but at the same time it is going to be an era of missed opportunity.

Oh and this korean lad? Sums them up. Sit around that ask Wolves table like the condescending wannabes that they are, x player must tick this box, we only sign the right player, has to fit in the ethos.. etc.. etc... There is only one reason you sign a Korean international. And we know that, because we have one and he is ****ing ****.

****ed off.
Don’t hold back. Tell us how you *really* feel.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The signing fee is comparable with what we'd pay in loan fees so we might as well but him instead. Clearly would play second fiddle to Raul for this season. His stats aren't great but he does appear to be a goal scorer (but not much else).

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The signing fee is comparable with what we'd pay in loan fees so we might as well but him instead. Clearly would play second fiddle to Raul for this season. His stats aren't great but he does appear to be a goal scorer (but not much else).
to be honest, thats exactly what we need, a goalscorer. We have enough of the fancy intricate players in neto, mgw and podence. Lets get someone in that can get on the end of the bloody ball

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
“Booo Fosun out, why aren’t we signing a striker?!”

Make a bid for a striker…

“No not him, we’ve already got a player called that, I’ve never seen him play but I know he’s rubbish, we’re only signing him because of where he’s from, booo Fosun out”.
Haters (Wums) will hate. Glad the powers that be do these type of deals. There is value to be had. Could be this transfer windows Marcal. Lost cost, shrewd signing that if pans out will be a solid bargain signing. If not then no Cutrone situation.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haters (Wums) will hate. Glad the powers that be do these type of deals. There is value to be had. Could be this transfer windows Marcal. Lost cost, shrewd signing that if pans out will be a solid bargain signing. If not then no Cutrone situation.
Thanks for your input, Scott.

ws1wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
This is the one we ordered last time, they obviously sent us the wish version of Hwang

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

****ed off.
Spurs have a South Korea International and he is far from ****. As such l think that your rant has zero logical basis and is utter *******s.

Edited to change Spuds to Spurs - l belatedly remember @Mutchy's comment which l agreed a day or so ago!

Last edited:

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the aftermath of the constraints imposed by the DNCG - supervision of the payroll and transfer allowances to the budget presented by the club - the Girondins received, this Wednesday, an offer from Wolverhampton for Hwang Ui-Jo. According to our information, it would amount to nearly €3 million. From a source close to the Bordeaux club, it was deemed insufficient. Negotiations between the two clubs continue while the South Korean international has never hidden his desire to play in the Premier League one day. In the event of a positive outcome, he could find his compatriot Hee-chan Hwang in the Wolves.
Looks a decent player on YouTube but don’t they all. Would be decent back up 2 the main striker and would fit the cheap option that lobo spoke about a few days ago

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We haven’t had a truly decent transfer window since the one immediately before our first season in the Prem when the likes of Patricio and Jiminez joined. One or two good signings since like Neto and Ait Nouri but we are still heavily reliant on the players Nuno bought in 4 years ago. It’s so frustrating that a central midfielder who could run at defenders and a decent new striker would make a huge difference.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spuds have a South Korea International and he is far from ****. As such l think that your rant has zero logic basis and is utter *******s.
Difference with Son is, there always was a quality player there. At £30m (don't quote me on that figure, mind) there was a line of clubs queuing up and he is a fantastic player.

Maybe this lad we are rumoured to be after is the next big thing. But how typical and unoriginal of us is it. Call me a cynic, but we pressed on with the Hwang signing because of the positive impact he was having in a marketing sense. That is it. If it isn't, then the club deserve even more criticism because he simply is not good enough and to be linked with another Korean I have never heard of on the back of that, at a time when we desperately need an experienced goal scorer, is beyond frustrating. We may aswell have kept hold of Fabio instead of making our squad weaker.
At a time of which we are sat in another inactive transfer window when we know that literally one or two more quality players (one cm, one cf) takes us from competing with the top 10 to competing with the top 6. We know that, because we was in that position in January but in the amateurs words "why risk the clubs future on one £20m player", insulting beyond belief that quote. What a clueless ****er.

For 3 years now and 6 transfer windows, not one, not two, SIX we have just sat and not capitalised on a fantastic opportunity to compete with the top 6.
So yes, I think my rant does have logic basis.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Lobo de Ouro is Hwang the player from the French division you mentioned? Or one of the two strikers you said were likely? Be interested to know if this rumour marries up to what you’d heard
Don’t think he knew anything - nothing materialised. Don’t think anyone knows anything to be honest

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a striker urgently until Raul is back. Just pay the bloody fee and get him in, it's peanuts in today's market.
Nantes and West Ham are the front runners for him both are far more advanced in negotiations, he won't be coming to us.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think he knew anything - nothing materialised. Don’t think anyone knows anything to be honest

I think people hear bits due to people they may know in the industry, the problem then is unless your a specific players agent or a part of the recruitment team at wolves you don’t know of anything until it’s announced officially. My friend who works for a sports agency in London that we have a first team player signed to used to hear bits and pieces but apparently Jeff and co have tried to close shop as much as possible in terms of transfer gossip. It’s why I think we hear whispers of enquiries and interest, and then nothing till it’s imminent. I imagine negotiations and progress are under lock and key/ an nda until a decision is made one way or another. The Collins transfer is a classic example, random link a couple of weeks back before he signed and then silence until he was unveiled pretty much! Just wondered if any of the early bits lobo heard married up to this link because it does sound like the type of buy we’d make

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lobo/cornwall/arctic

Have you heard anything about incomings and outgoings? Any truth in the hwang rumour(bordeaux)?

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like some people are now drowning in their own cesspit of pessimism. All they are really doing is nurturing discontent and planting the seeds of failure. As TFF suggested perhaps a little 'sowing the seeds of love' would not go amiss instead. Anyway it just does not make sense to call for transfers then every time a name is suggested in a rumour to shout it down before its even materialised.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom