Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s a striker out there in Adama’s situation? 1yr left and no intention of re-signing? Shopping for cereal in his own shirt?
Spurs according to BBC gossip page
Neves could still go. That's very much open. He's United's fallback to de Jong. They could still come in late in the window with a big money (panic) offer.
If United pay the 70m we would need more than Nunes as a replacement in the midfield

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think fosun know what’s coming to them if we lose Saturday and go a goal down to Fulham
I don't think Fosun care whatsoever what the legacy fans think. Through their representative on earth Poundshop Jeff they have only shown utter disdain towards them. Loyal fans that have gone to games for decades are not important. Irrelevant, ignored and barely tolerated is the best a Wolves fan can hope for with these utter deplorables running us into the ground to make a bigger profit when we're offloaded.

Last edited:

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shopping for cereal in his own shirt?
This to me will forever be a legendary "put-down".

Darth Vader? Jerk shopping for cereal in his own mask.
The Joker? ******* shopping for cereal in his own make-up.
John Terry? Has-been shopping for cereal in his own wife.
Adolf Hitler? Demon shopping for cereal in his own bunker.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Fosun care whatsoever what the legacy fans think. Through their representative on earth Poundshop Jeff they have only shown utter disdain towards them. Loyal fans that have gone to games for decades are not important. Irrelevant, ignored and barely tolerated is the best a Wolves fan can hope for with these utter deplorables running us into the ground to make a bigger profit when we're offloaded.
I think Jeff Shi will absolutely feel venom likes he never felt before if that scenario happens.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
E4CA837F-D343-4F2A-88D1-39BDDBA424E3.jpeg

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There are very strong rational arguments to be made that the Traore and Silva deals were smart and they weren’t made by idiots. ( that description is ott).
Your post seems to show that maybe you don’t understand how or why those deals were made.
BTW, it’s not smart or fair to judge the deals solely in hindsight.
Even by your standards that's an exceptional level of stupidity. How anyone can describe lending Adama to Barca and weakening the squad when we had an outside chance of Europe as 'smart' is beyond me. Ditto sending Fabio out on loan without a backup.
I keep thinking of putting you on ignore but there's a sort of morbid fascination to your posts...

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even by your standards that's an exceptional level of stupidity. How anyone can describe lending Adama to Barca and weakening the squad when we had an outside chance of Europe as 'smart' is beyond me. Ditto sending Fabio out on loan without a backup.
I keep thinking of putting you on ignore but there's a sort of morbid fascination to your posts...
Brilliant.
Can't stop laughing.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
This is getting increasingly more painful by the day looking on here hoping for a scrap of positive news only to be let down yet again! So in this window we have lost…
Ruddy
Marcal
Saiss
Hoever
Trincao
Fabio and now have injuries to Chiquinho and Raul with Semedo still out and possibly Sarkic too!
All understandable maybe if the huge overhaul of the squad was to be believed but we have gained Collins and MGW! In anybody’s eyes surely this is sheer incompetence with a squad that was already too small! Honestly can’t get my head around the fact that the guys making these decisions are on mega bucks yet seem to have zero idea what they are doing!! Really starting to boil my p#ss!!!!!!! Losing every scrap of positivity I may have had for the forthcoming season and now genuinely worried!!!

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
what i hate is i am not really looking firward to the new season as it stands (just my feelings) and i am usually buzzing by now

if we can field our best 11 then i am loving life, but when we have to make a sub ? :eek:

then i worry what if neves gets injured/or sold...killman or colling injured then we are back to a back 5

when you think bruno said he told sellars in feb what he wanted and here we are with 3 day before the season starts

plus its very obvious why we havent heard from bruno...jeff wont let him

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I, like every other semi sensible fan on here, probably was ok with the Fabio loan because we all understandably assumed that another striker was coming through the door who will be better than him and possibly even Raul. It’s now become clear that they didn’t have anybody close and were flying by the seat of their pants with this situation.

I’m still positive about us signing a CM before the end of the window and can understand waiting until the last knockings if it means getting the player we desperately want the most. However, we need to get a forward in now and can’t afford to wait around for deals at the end of the window - why throw away points for this?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
what i hate is i am not really looking firward to the new season as it stands (just my feelings) and i am usually buzzing by now

if we can field our best 11 then i am loving life, but when we have to make a sub ? :eek:

then i worry what if neves gets injured/or sold...killman or colling injured then we are back to a back 5

when you think bruno said he told sellars in feb what he wanted and here we are with 3 day before the season starts

plus its very obvious why we havent heard from bruno...jeff wont let him
It sounds weird me saying this but I’m almost bored of seeing pretty much the same players playing the same way as always. I love the team but there’s been nothing to really get excited about and no positive change of personnel in too long.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are very strong rational arguments to be made that the Traore and Silva deals were smart and they weren’t made by idiots. ( that description is ott).
Your post seems to show that maybe you don’t understand how or why those deals were made.

Yes, there are arguments in support of both the Traore and Silva loans, in isolation. Traore, because it was a chance to secure a permanent move at a better price than Spurs were offering. Silva, because many of us have said that a loan would potentially benefit his development.

But those arguments ignore the broader squad depth context, even without the benefit of hindsight. All hindsight has proven, in the case of the Traore loan, is that the club were naive to expect Barca to make the loan permanent in the summer, and that has cost the club millions in lost fees by stopping the Spurs move. What we also know is that his loan left the squad weaker without securing any material financial benefit, and this contributed to a lower finishing spot in the PL, which cost the club even more money. As for Silva, we don’t yet know how this will work out for the lad. It might be his making, but it may not. What we do know, is that as a result of his move, we are starting the season weaker, with no recognised striker in full training.

So to portray these loans as “smart” stretches the term to the point of incredulity. Gambles yes, failed badly in the Traore case, and in the Silva case, a failure at least in the short term because of Raul’s injury.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is getting increasingly more painful by the day looking on here hoping for a scrap of positive news only to be let down yet again! So in this window we have lost…
Ruddy
Marcal
Saiss
Hoever
Trincao
Fabio and now have injuries to Chiquinho and Raul with Semedo still out and possibly Sarkic too!
All understandable maybe if the huge overhaul of the squad was to be believed but we have gained Collins and MGW! In anybody’s eyes surely this is sheer incompetence with a squad that was already too small! Honestly can’t get my head around the fact that the guys making these decisions are on mega bucks yet seem to have zero idea what they are doing!! Really starting to boil my p#ss!!!!!!! Losing every scrap of positivity I may have had for the forthcoming season and now genuinely worried!!!
I agree. But to put into perspective out of that list of 9 players only 5 were regulars /starters and we have (so far) a fit neto, MGW, Collins , Traore (as well as Jonny who played a handful last season coming back from major injuries ) I

I want 2-3 more players and a striker but it’s not as bad as it seems. It’s not great don’t get me wrong but if we add 1-2 more we will
Be fine.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, there are arguments in support of both the Traore and Silva loans, in isolation. Traore, because it was a chance to secure a permanent move at a better price than Spurs were offering. Silva, because many of us have said that a loan would potentially benefit his development.

But those arguments ignore the broader squad depth context, even without the benefit of hindsight. All hindsight has proven, in the case of the Traore loan, is that the club were naive to expect Barca to make the loan permanent in the summer, and that has cost the club millions in lost fees by stopping the Spurs move. What we also know is that his loan left the squad weaker without securing any material financial benefit, and this contributed to a lower finishing spot in the PL, which cost the club even more money. As for Silva, we don’t yet know how this will work out for the lad. It might be his making, but it may not. What we do know, is that as a result of his move, we are starting the season weaker, with no recognised striker in full training.

So to portray these loans as “smart” stretches the term to the point of incredulity. Gambles yes, failed badly in the Traore case, and in the Silva case, a failure at least in the short term because of Raul’s injury.
Shi and Sellars’ faces at the exact moment when Raul limped off injured would have been an absolute picture.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves attacker Morgan Gibbs-White is the No 1 target, and Forest will have to break their transfer record again to sign him. Talks last week did not result in any agreement and Wolves insist the former England under-21 international - who will cost up to £30m - will start the season with them.

That's a brilliant article on Forest - I knew they'd lost a lot of players but I didn't realise the extent of the rebuilding job they had to do!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Percy not giving me much time to relax

"More money will be spent before the transfer window closes. Wolves attacker Morgan Gibbs-White is the No 1 target, and Forest will have to break their transfer record again to sign him. Talks last week did not result in any agreement and Wolves insist the former England under-21 international - who will cost up to £30m - will start the season with them. "

If we accept and sell MGW, i dont know where we are heading, leicester are struggling and may lose their best players, but im concerned even with this big price tag Lage is slapping on Neves, that united will get him if they come in, they are yet to actually come in. If they lose interest in de jong, he will then go

Thats potentially 90m from MGW and Neves, but thats a ****ing lot to replace IMO

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think any argument can be made that either deal, in the context that they were made, was smart.

1. Loaning a first-team player out with no guarantee of a sale in the hope that he does well and they buy him
2. Loaning our second (of 2) striker out with no replacement lined up, causing us to go into a new season with one (now injured) striker

Neither of those screams smart to me. That isn't hindsight, at the time of the Traore loan, most couldn't believe that there was only an option to buy or we must've agreed to a trade with Trincao. When the Fabio deal was rumoured, everyone thought we MUST have someone lined up. Surely. We wouldn't be that stupid, would we? Our smart recruitment stopped a couple of years ago.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruddy
Marcal
Saiss
Hoever
Trincao
whats next Rosehill - Crimsonhill?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves attacker Morgan Gibbs-White is the No 1 target, and Forest will have to break their transfer record again to sign him. Talks last week did not result in any agreement and Wolves insist the former England under-21 international - who will cost up to £30m - will start the season with them.

It still sounds like we are open to selling MGW but actually NEED a minimum of £30m. I’m reading into things here but I assume that £30m is what we need to make a big deal feasible at the tail end of the window.

I don’t think we’ve once said he isn’t for sale and that he’s going nowhere and the reports from journalists and online rumours are all pretty open to a move away. I’m starting to think there’s a big chance that he’s going to be gone by September.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bereton diaz gathering pace, some genuine sources posting on twitter, one blue tick who called puig to LA 4 days ago. Also Sun reporting, who broke collins rumour. I like him personally, think he’d be a great signing. Can see this happening in the next day or two…..Chile international from Stoke, 22 goals last season, last yr of contract, 13m touted, looks like Rubens brother……. Gerrimin!
Can you post the links?

Like i said i know its a punt but i would have took diaz over what was already touted, plus if it gets us closer to osorio even better.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bereton diaz gathering pace, some genuine sources posting on twitter, one blue tick who called puig to LA 4 days ago. Also Sun reporting, who broke collins rumour. I like him personally, think he’d be a great signing. Can see this happening in the next day or two…..Chile international from Stoke, 22 goals last season, last yr of contract, 13m touted, looks like Rubens brother……. Gerrimin!
I like him. He's a proper Striker. I also like Benteke. I also like Tom from my Sunday league team though - he gives us an option we don't have at the moment (striker)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi and Sellars’ faces at the exact moment when Raul limped off injured would have been an absolute picture.

I agree. How many times are the club to be caught with a threadbare squad in key areas before they learn the bloody lesson? Bruno must be counting the days, hoping he can do a good enough job to prompt interest from another high profile club so he can escape the madness.

Up to a year ago, I was one of those like Vancouver, trusting the club, safe in my knowledge that they must have a plan because look what they did in the early years. But last summer, and then January, made me realise I was wrong. We do the odd good deal in isolation in recent years, but the broader plans for a transfer window appears missing, poorly thought through or badly executed. It just smacks of being amateurish and lacking experience. Even with a limited budget, we need an experienced DoF to manage an effective transfer window.

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Percy not giving me much time to relax

"More money will be spent before the transfer window closes. Wolves attacker Morgan Gibbs-White is the No 1 target, and Forest will have to break their transfer record again to sign him. Talks last week did not result in any agreement and Wolves insist the former England under-21 international - who will cost up to £30m - will start the season with them. "

If we accept and sell MGW, i dont know where we are heading, leicester are struggling and may lose their best players, but im concerned even with this big price tag Lage is slapping on Neves, that united will get him if they come in, they are yet to actually come in. If they lose interest in de jong, he will then go

Thats potentially 90m from MGW and Neves, but thats a ****ing lot to replace IMO
90m class it as a pre parachute payment

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if Neves went or MGW who wants to come here that would improve the 11 ?

As so far we look like a club down the bottom half of the league this season with our activity in the market so far and paper thin squad.

So no point selling anyone if Topsy and Tim can't bring anyone of proven quality in .

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if Neves went or MGW who wants to come here that would improve the 11 ?

As so far we look like a club down the bottom half of the league this season with our activity in the market so far and paper thin squad.

So no point selling anyone if Topsy and Tim can't bring anyone of proven quality in .
I'd imagine if MGW went then we'd get Goncalo Ramos in.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. How many times are the club to be caught with a threadbare squad in key areas before they learn the bloody lesson? Bruno must be counting the days, hoping he can do a good enough job to prompt interest from another high profile club so he can escape the madness.

Up to a year ago, I was one of those like Vancouver, trusting the club, safe in my knowledge that they must have a plan because look what they did in the early years. But last summer, and then January, made me realise I was wrong. We do the odd good deal in isolation in recent years, but the broader plans for a transfer window appears missing, poorly thought through or badly executed. It just smacks of being amateurish and lacking experience. Even with a limited budget, we need an experienced DoF to manage an effective transfer window.
Agree with you to a point but a new DOF won't change the model that Fosun want . Really sorry but the only way all this changes is new owners or we drop lucky on 3/4 really good young players that come through .

Newcastle wanted new owners as were going nowhere and nearly relegated . Leicester will probably be saying their owners need to invest or sell up. Really sorry but that is football you don't stand still .

Leicester won the league a few seasons back but that currently counts for nothing if they don't invest and they slide down the league does it.

Back
Top Bottom