Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
soooo frustrating...three/poss four players away from an exciting team challenging for the top 4/6....we dont need to spend a fortune...just the right type of player profile bruno wants

he really hasnt been backed since he got here other than collins...i would rather we forgot fanciful targets, like nunes and just landed the right player now so bruno has the time to work with them preseason

pretty sure "mr insider" is anything but, but if you are then can you please pad out your statement and explain to us fans what the fudge is going on
3-4 players is 70-80 million quid and that still wouldn't allow us to compete with top 4 unless we got lucky with signings and injuries. Villa, everton and many others have tried the throw money route and failed, then got left with expensive signings they can't shift.

I'd love us to try at least but where does that money come from? Can only be from sales, but few are buying at top dollar.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think the match threads can get any more negative, though you never know.
Having said which I don't read them often now. It seems whenever I don't actually watch us we turn into a side who would struggle against Stourbridge Town.
Match thread:

This lineup is ****, Bruno has no idea

God Traore is a waste of space / oh no he isnt

God Moutinho is a waste of space / oh no he isnt

Why did we sell Jota

Coady is holding us back

We need an (insert archaic archetype that no longer exists - box to box MF, hard man, outside inside wing half back)

We need to (insert trendy footie term - low block, gegenpress, regista, half spaces, overload)

Oh we won / drew and we’re 8th

Well it’s no thanks to Jeff / Sellars / Vinny

We’re going to Europe I reckon!

——-

There you go no need to read them now

Last edited:

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would any manager walk BEFORE deadline day because of lack of incomings?? Doesn’t make sense to me….
Why would a manager walk out of a great job? You can't on one side say we're 1-2 signings short of a really good side and the other say the manager should walk. Check out birmingham city and derby for actual difficult circumstances, not wolves with their solid team, structure, fans, and youth set up.

Again, some fans have lost all perspective and are making everything binary. I really wonder what some of you are like at work because if anyone in my teams reacted like this they'd be out on their ear. Nuance and margins are a real thing, not everything has to be best or worst. Just like the match threads!

Lage will have known the situ and all managers want better players. He is being dealt a slightly awkward hand (not many managers aren't?!) but any pro has to deal with that, esp one without much experience. That's the job.

Managing a footy team must be the only job where you expect to be fired every 2-3 years. It's bizarre!

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see why they got Bruno in though . Yes man and not going to cause any problems . I can imagine some managers walking by now .
Why would anyone walk, before a ball is kicked? To resign costs you money and reputation. If you succeed without substantial investment your reputation is enhanced. If you fail no-one can blame you. If you are sacked they have to pay you compensation on your terminated contract. No good reason to walk unless you already have a comparable, or better, job to walk into.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we ever had any concrete links to Zirkee? Seems like someone on here thought he would be a good signing and that's just snowballed

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-4 players is 70-80 million quid and that still wouldn't allow us to compete with top 4 unless we got lucky with signings and injuries. Villa, everton and many others have tried the throw money route and failed, then got left with expensive signings they can't shift.

I'd love us to try at least but where does that money come from? Can only be from sales, but few are buying at top dollar.

Forget the top 4, I’d settle for a team that gives us some entertainment as last year was a bloody hard watch.
Essentially its the same first team with the addition of one defender and MGW who we hope will perform miracles.
We are relying a lot on Jimenez and Neto being back to pre-injury levels of performance.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably totally true, but it doesn’t mean your post on this occasion wasn’t OTT.
Which bit?
It’s kinda strange don’t you think, that posters can splurge whatever hateful bilge about the club, yet when I refuse to judge until after the window shuts, I’m an OTT ostrich, Superfan :tearsofjoy:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 100% point is going to be partly the instance we try and loan in players with options to buy which clearly doesn’t suit the selling club.
Maybe we feel we got our fingers burnt with Cutrone, Silva etc and so even more reluctant to commit without a try before you buy clause now but then puts us behind those clubs who are happy to buy players outright (albeit we did get Collins on perm).
I guess as a general point the later you get in the window, if another club does get in a player to fulfil their requirements of a particular position and need to then offload one they are going to let him go on less favourable conditions than they would like just to get the wages off the books.
I still think there must be a decent striker suitable to us at a club that would take Cutrone at least on loan as part of the deal.
Defo on the burnt fingers and potential hesitancy due to fees and results of some purchases and I include the insane over inflated fee on Hoever in that too.

But not every transfer is going to work, recruitment and fit isn’t a perfect science. You sometimes just need to take that leap of faith and I think that moment of risk comes up we walk away, I just say that on Sanches and the young cm from river plate, two times a hint of risk was attached and we walked away and twice everything worked out and both would have been available sooner than the worst case.

D

Deleted member 11021Mcm

Had to make an account to say It's getting rather annoying seeing fans on twitter and on here put down people at the club for lack of transfers. Work is going on behind the scenes. We do check Mol Mix, we do check #wwfc hashtag. We do care. We want at least 2 players in before the end of the window. Various negotiations happening at different stages. Nothing close at the moment, however that could change for a L2B target next week if a certain Bundesliga club manages to get a striker in

Relax. Trust me
What a load of supercilious crap.

I’ll tell you what is “getting annoying”- the lack of investment & forward planning. Not just in this window, but in the last few.

Our squad was paper thin last season. And the situation as it stands is worse today.

If you have come on here on a semi official capacity, I suggest you choose your words more carefully, because I assure you that my annoyance at the club this (and the past few windows) is probably greater than your annoyance at Wolves fans discussing a Wolves transfer window (or lack of) on a Wolves forum.

If you want to make a statement, do it in an official capacity & don’t hide behind a pseudonym on this forum.

A couple of seasons ago, we were on the edge of really achieving something, but lack of squad management has stopped that on its tracks. And if you look at the number of players on the final year of their contract, the situation next season could be a whole lot worse unless something is done & the right message is sent out now.

D

Deleted member 11021Mcm

Had to make an account to say It's getting rather annoying seeing fans on twitter and on here put down people at the club for lack of transfers. Work is going on behind the scenes. We do check Mol Mix, we do check #wwfc hashtag. We do care. We want at least 2 players in before the end of the window. Various negotiations happening at different stages. Nothing close at the moment, however that could change for a L2B target next week if a certain Bundesliga club manages to get a striker in

Relax. Trust me
On the other hand, if you are a WUM, and don’t represent the club at all, then we’ll done mate, you’ve played a blinder.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would a manager walk out of a great job? You can't on one side say we're 1-2 signings short of a really good side and the other say the manager should walk. Check out birmingham city and derby for actual difficult circumstances, not wolves with their solid team, structure, fans, and youth set up.

Again, some fans have lost all perspective and are making everything binary. I really wonder what some of you are like at work because if anyone in my teams reacted like this they'd be out on their ear. Nuance and margins are a real thing, not everything has to be best or worst. Just like the match threads!

Lage will have known the situ and all managers want better players. He is being dealt a slightly awkward hand (not many managers aren't?!) but any pro has to deal with that, esp one without much experience. That's the job.

Managing a footy team must be the only job where you expect to be fired every 2-3 years. It's bizarre!
God bless you for calling for nuance on the mix. It’s basically two monkey screaming at each other in a tree, throwing poo.

R

reanswolf

Which bit?
It’s kinda strange don’t you think, that posters can splurge whatever hateful bilge about the club, yet when I refuse to judge until after the window shuts, I’m an OTT ostrich, Superfan :tearsofjoy:
I didn’t find any of Wolflairs post to be hateful bilge, just offering an alternative view. In fact you were also taking the pee out of spelling errors, never warm to posters who use that belittling method.

Ps I have also said that although it is becoming disconcerting, we should wait to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget the top 4, I’d settle for a team that gives us some entertainment as last year was a bloody hard watch.
Essentially its the same first team with the addition of one defender and MGW who we hope will perform miracles.
We are relying a lot on Jimenez and Neto being back to pre-injury levels of performance.
This is a good point. Most of us realise that we aren’t close to challenging top 4 in reality, but do want to be entertained by our team.

So with that in mind, if we didn’t add anybody else, but Bruno somehow managed to get our current squad playing with more urgency, efficiency, more goals scored, a thoroughly entertaining brand of football, would we be happy finishing 10-14 with the current squad?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You and me both. Last season was dire.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now outgoings, there isnt enough room on this post
Apparently next week at Molineux is job rotation week. The team currently overseeing the player incoming transfers are swapping roles with the team currently overseeing player outgoing transfers.

Expect some incomings at long last then.......

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry, I just don’t agree at all. We’re a Premier League football club, we should have another striker on the books it’s as simple as that. We needed a striker before Raul was injured. As I’ve posted previously, Hwang has been deployed on the left wing far more than he has centrally (20 apps vs 9), he is not seen as an alternative to Raul by our management. On top of that, he’s been injured all pre season. It’s like saying we didn’t need Collins because Donck can play there.

If Neves gets injured, our form will suffer badly because the back up is so inadequate. You only have to go a few months back for the evidence. We need both a striker and a central midfielder and there is no excuse not to get them, again.
Re- Hwang playing on the left. It is possible to change the system. Which hopefully is what we are trying to do. He also managed one less goal than Raul in less games so I don’t think he’s a bad option.

We all know what is needed in terms of recruitment but as I said, I would rather them try and get it right, than just sign someone for the sake of it. I am not saying things are perfect by any means but continually posting what everyone already knows, won’t change a thing.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s Andre Silva; is he actually worth sending Fabio out on loan for anymore?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently next week at Molineux is job rotation week. The team currently overseeing the player incoming transfers are swapping roles with the team currently overseeing player outgoing transfers.

Expect some incomings at long last then.......
Hope the bog cleaners don’t go in the cafe.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a good point. Most of us realise that we aren’t close to challenging top 4 in reality, but do want to be entertained by our team.

So with that in mind, if we didn’t add anybody else, but Bruno somehow managed to get our current squad playing with more urgency, efficiency, more goals scored, a thoroughly entertaining brand of football, would we be happy finishing 10-14 with the current squad?

Absolutely. And the truth is we do have the attacking individuals to play an entertaining brand of football. Although not bringing in a different style CM will hold us back in that regard.

Give me that every day of the week over last season where we'd have finished 7th relatively comfortably had we been anything but utterly abysmal for the final 1/3 of the campaign. Yet I imagine most of us would struggle to name 3 games at Molineux we enjoyed. In fact, two that do come to mind are the opening games against Spurs/Man Utd which we somehow lost, but played some excellent stuff.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably got dropped in the 60's, when Che Guevara took over as poster boy and the club didn't want to change to camouflage green shirts to match.
Now there's an idea !
Why don't we change our colours to camouflage green - the opposition wouldn't be able to pick out our runners or, indeed, any of our players.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’d ge delighted with that but, and it’s a big but, I can’t see the current squad finishing 10-14.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t find any of Wolflairs post to be hateful bilge, just offering an alternative view. In fact you were also taking the pee out of spelling errors, never warm to posters who use that belittling method.

Ps I have also said that although it is becoming disconcerting, we should wait to see what happens.
Good grief! If you’re going to criticise, the least you can do is have the right context.
The discussion I was having was with Ponty, amongst others, about ****ting all over the club with crappy attitudes. Wolfslair then joined in latterly defending ONE post, just one, from Ponty.
I held you in higher regard on this site mate, so I’m surprised you’ve sprang to the defence of someone without being fully informed.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d ge delighted with that but, and it’s a big but, I can’t see the current squad finishing 10-14.
yeah reckon at moment we are more like a 12-16th place squad
A couple of players and we may make mid table again at a push

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Totally agree reans. Really hate it when posters on here take the **** out of spelling etc. I take it they have never met anyone who suffers with dyslexia?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yeah reckon at moment we are more like a 12-16th place squad
A couple of players and we may make mid table again at a push
A couple of injuries and by Christmas we might be over the moon with 16th. All a bit irrelevant as I’m sure we will bring a couple in but much later than made sense back in May.

Back
Top Bottom