Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strangely they still have Forest 4/6. I say strange because a market shouldn't really have 2 odds on shots. If the price to stay at Wolves continues to shorten then it follows that price to go to Forest should lengthen allowing a nice saver. I got 11/4 on him staying on Tuesday night.
Gutted I missed the 11/4, don’t see anyway he’s leaving.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strangely they still have Forest 4/6. I say strange because a market shouldn't really have 2 odds on shots. If the price to stay at Wolves continues to shorten then it follows that price to go to Forest should lengthen allowing a nice saver. I got 11/4 on him staying on Tuesday night.
Could be worse, you could be betting on the toss in cricket...

Screenshot_20220728-172830_Paddy Power.jpg

I particularly like that it's got a 'cash out' option!

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a middle ground here. Fosun have been absolutely incredible for both the club and the city. They have given us more than we could have realistically ever dreamed of. I will always be personally hugely grateful that I got to see Wolves play in Europe with my Dad and son.

I also absolutely think you can hold that view and still be concerned that as it stands, our squad is razor thin in certain areas and we are very dependent upon key players not suffering injuries (especially as most of those players have suffered serious injuries in recent seasons).
No.

Everything is binary. You must take a polarised view.

It’s in the Mix T&C’s

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can be pleased with how they turned around a dodgy first year and took us up and in to Europe, and you can then be unhappy with how they haven't kicked on at all and in fact have slipped backwards slightly since then and be worried that it looks like continuing, that's where I'm at right now and I'm guessing a lot of you are too but on here you get lumped in to one of the extreme's and debate is...difficult

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
There is a middle ground here. Fosun have been absolutely incredible for both the club and the city. They have given us more than we could have realistically ever dreamed of. I will always be personally hugely grateful that I got to see Wolves play in Europe with my Dad and son.

I also absolutely think you can hold that view and still be concerned that as it stands, our squad is razor thin in certain areas and we are very dependent upon key players not suffering injuries (especially as most of those players have suffered serious injuries in recent seasons).
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Some of (if not the) best years as a 20-year STH have been under Fosun ownership - we shouldn't forget this.

Equally, dispassionate analysis of the current squad says we're in desperate need of a striker and centre-mid as competition for João and Raul - if they don't arrive then we're taking a massive risk with our future

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
There was a potential fortune to be made there... Buttler has lost 7 tosses in a row.
He's won one!! (Or Miller lost it to be more accurate). As an aside, loved Moeen's 50 last night. That foot-movement to lofted cover drive was a thing of beauty.

I know that's off topic, but par for the course on this thread (to bring in another sport's metaphor!)

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can be pleased with how they turned around a dodgy first year and took us up and in to Europe, and you can then be unhappy with how they haven't kicked on at all and in fact have slipped backwards slightly since then and be worried that it looks like continuing, that's where I'm at right now and I'm guessing a lot of you are too but on here you get lumped in to one of the extreme's and debate is...difficult
Exactly this. They do need to do more this window.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but what if we don’t?
Then it’s an inept window that has shown a distinct lack of ambition from the board.

I said before the window that the club were on a bit of a knife edge and this window is the most important we’ve had since the 1st summer in the PL…. So far we have signed 1 player and have less experience in the ranks than last season. And that’s not taking into account the alarming rate of which we went completely stale in the last 10 games of last season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s potential it’s only 2 games he’ll miss, is that an attractive proposition?

It still is when he is the only striker at the club and you can bring on 5 subs this season! I would also reckon he will miss more than 2 games but delighted if he doesn't.

Last edited:

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s face it, the understandable pant wetting is only going to get worse.
It’s highly likely that there will be more outgoings to raise funds.
Traore wouldn’t be a surprise, but Kilman, RAN, MGW, Neves would raise more money.
If any of those deals are done late it won’t be a surprise if we just bank the money without replacements

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think such proclamations are essentially defunct in the current epoch. For example, our average home attendance last season was 3,500 down from the first PL season - this is obviously in part because the economy has taken a dramatic downturn, and there are still some Covid fears. But it could also be argued it's in part because Wolves fans just aren't as enthusiastic about attending, who's to say?
Its because we had that little stand closed

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but it’s not looking good is it
Plenty of time left though isn't there? We're heavily linked with Mathias Nunes, that won't happen until near the end of the window in my opinion (if it does at all), I wouldn't expect a player of that ilk to jump at joining us

The storm might be on the horizon, but it's on the horizon and there's time to avert it

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of time left though isn't there? We're heavily linked with Mathias Nunes, that won't happen until near the end of the window in my opinion (if it does at all), I wouldn't expect a player of that ilk to jump at joining us

The storm might be on the horizon, but it's on the horizon and there's time to avert it

Hate to say it, Fenrir but your comments about there being plenty of time left were said this time last summer and look what happened on deadline day when plenty were convinced we would do business. I hope you are right but can understand a lot of the pessimism around currently after what happened last summer and the summer before.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm honestly amazed that so many posters are still clinging to hope that we are going to sign more players.

It aint gonna happen! Just accept that and the remainder of the window will be so much easier.

We've been here and had this heated debate so many times over the last 3 years with exactly the same (underwhelming) outcome.The best times under Fosun(and they were great) have come and gone.

Just look forward to having a few beers with your mates again!

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think such proclamations are essentially defunct in the current epoch. For example, our average home attendance last season was 3,500 down from the first PL season - this is obviously in part because the economy has taken a dramatic downturn, and there are still some Covid fears. But it could also be argued it's in part because Wolves fans just aren't as enthusiastic about attending, who's to say?
3,500 down? Surely there's been a '0' added to that?! Average attendance last season was 30,692, compared to 31,025 in 18/19

In fact, I've seen the figure you got on Transfermarkt, which also has us with the 30,692 I've said! Don't think there was a crowd below 30k last season though so 27k is definitely off the mark

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm honestly amazed that so many posters are still clinging to hope that we are going to sign more players.

It aint gonna happen! Just accept that and the remainder of the window will be so much easier.

We've been here and had this heated debate so many times over the last 3 years with exactly the same (underwhelming) outcome.

Just look forward to having a few beers with your mates again!

Too much pride amongst those posters to change their view

Getting embarrasing for them now though

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to say it, Fenrir but your comments about there being plenty of time left were said this time last summer and look what happened on deadline day when plenty were convinced we would do business. I hope you are right but can understand a lot of the pessimism around currently after what happened last summer and the summer before.
You would hope they've learned - at least we're not dealing with Lille by the looks of it! We just need a sensible cut off point with these players so we have time to move on. If there are still stories coming out about us chasing really highly rated players with a day or two of the window left then that's leaving it too late in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom