Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

ws1wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
How can I be described as winding people up? I've basically said nothing. If I was making **** up... don't you think I would, you know, make some **** up? Haven't claimed to be proven right on anything, merely passing on what I've heard.

I see now why the few people who do know a little of what is going on don't bother to post about it. Nothing but grief comes with it for some odd reason :confused:
Lobo, don’t get into an argument, just keep posting and we will keep reading, if it’s proved right then great stuff and if not then hey ho (we hunt you down with pitchforks)

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’ll line up with a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 variation with Raul & Hwang as striker options.

I do believe we’ll sign a CM.

MGW will be a wide Right forward.

Podence will be number 10.

I think we’ll sign a CM, a couple of prospects, and maybe a Striker on loan, as Hwang & Raul are both strikers.
Seen enough of Hwang on the wing to see he’s not a winger!

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not saying it’s the right strategy but think that if Ronan has been impressing in training as was previously reported, that will be the Wolves solution for CM so just expecting a forward now as probably the only other first team ready signing we’ll make.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
R

reanswolf

I think people need to be less adversarial. We have heard all Summer that the Club recognise the need to strengthen the spine. It is not midfielder vs striker- we need both.

So, as long as we get a physical midfield partner for Neves and some genuine PL level competition for Raul, it will have been a good window.

Fail on either of those counts though and it's a f*ck up.
Good summary.

The anxiety side of me goes for the latter - maybe totally unjustified tho.

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One man that has been sketchily linked with a move away this summer but it has gone really quiet is Brereton-Diaz. I wonder if we'd move for him, I don't think he'd be first team ready straight away, but some good strikers have done well in the champ and teams have taken a chance and they've done well in the prem. Big step up, but I know all do do as well as your Toney's/Watkins/Bamford etc

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t say anything new, but reiterates definitely in for him and only firm offer. He’s just not convinced we’re a step up
That would be some window

Collins
Nunes
Gabigol

If you through in another wide forward that would be the icing on the cake

R

reanswolf

I think the most disappointing thing is how dire our performances have mostly been for the last two seasons. As other mixers have mentioned, we’ve sadly become one of the worst teams to watch.
I don't see that really changing, tho MGW could make it better.

R

reanswolf

You don't need to spend 40m on a CM.

We just need to find a player that's young and has potential to cover Moutinho this year and step up as a starter the next
Matter of opinion. It is potentially your most important position.

If Mouts was 33 we would be ok, but altho he can still produce class, we know he is inevitably going to get slower. Mouts really should be an active 20-30 minute sub, but we definitely need a more mobile partner alongside Neves. We haven't really got anyone capable of that, we know Donk isn't sadly up to scratch week in week out either. Its a hell of a lot to ask any of our youngsters.

So I predict the same stale,, slowness as we have seen for long spells in the last 2 seasons with little flow through the midfield, and generally losing midfield after 20 minutes of games.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Matter of opinion. It is potentially your most important position.

If Mouts was 33 we would be ok, but altho he can still produce class, we know he is inevitably going to get slower. Mouts really should be an active 20-30 minute sub, but we definitely need a more mobile partner alongside Neves. We haven't really got anyone capable of that, we know Donk isn't sadly up to scratch week in week out either. Its a hell of a lot to ask any of our youngsters.

So I predict the same stale,, slowness as we have seen for long spells in the last 2 seasons with little flow through the midfield, and generally losing midfield after 20 minutes of games.

We're not paying Moutinho 100k a week and told him he's going to be an important player this season and then bench him and sign a midfielder for 40m

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One man that has been sketchily linked with a move away this summer but it has gone really quiet is Brereton-Diaz. I wonder if we'd move for him, I don't think he'd be first team ready straight away, but some good strikers have done well in the champ and teams have taken a chance and they've done well in the prem. Big step up, but I know all do do as well as your Toney's/Watkins/Bamford etc

Would be a great acquisition but I can imagine him being quite expensive.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re the gabigol chatter, I had never heard of him until recently and have def not seen him play. But watching his YouTube best bits he looks like he runs in treacle and despite very tight ball control he is very very one footed.

Frogwarts

Reaction score
Surely, surely, surely Fabio going on loan means we’ve agreed terms with a new striker? We couldn’t be that stupid? Surely?

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t say anything new, but reiterates definitely in for him and only firm offer. He’s just not convinced we’re a step up
If I was a player atthat level I would think the same about Wolves though wouldn't you ?

Just been honest about everything . Why come to Wolves when you can play in Europe with teams that seem to strengthen rather than sell their best players .

That's why IMO the model we have is only going to be as good as we are around mid table with the odd push up the league then a possible relegation battle.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting chat with an agent last night, he's confident we know what we are doing #justsayin
I hope you agent ( hopefully not an Estate Agent ) is right . As we mess this pre season up and Fosun might find our value plummets if relegated due to small squad and injuries .

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could give the names to Mutchy and when something happens they can either say yay or nay. Either way a
Cf is on the way and a cm/winger ??
Or maybe everyone could just accept it's being passed on in good faith. If it comes off then great, if not who cares?

Molmix is not Reuters FFS

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he'd signed a new contract at Blackburn. Many a PL club would have taken a chance on a free, but upwards of £20M he'll probably stay where he is for now.

Back
Top Bottom