Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"I've a firm belief that Ten Hag can improve a lot of our underperforming players. But I just don't know what he can do with McTominay. He's a genuinely dreadful footballer and can't do the very basics of his job."

"Lad cannot play football in this level, or actually in a few levels below this one too. Pretty much zero talent"

"Anyone who thinks there's any hope with this guy needs to find another sport to watch."

"He actively hides from the ball by deliberatly standing behind the opponent's players when we have the ball. We will never win anything with cowards in the squad"

"On my mothers life he is playing against us"

"Worst regular midfielder in the clubs history.
Makes Darron Gibson look like Pirlo."

Just one page of about 150 scathing pages of opinions on McTominay by the guys who watch him every week

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This may be slightly tongue in cheek from me but if Fabio goes on loan along with Hoever that’s the best part of 50 mil away from the club :eek:
Crazy I know but the whole model is to buildup and sell the players IMO. So them going on loan if say Fabio does well his value will be the 30/40 Million or more . So benefits the business model and Wolves in the end hopefully.

My Concern is Mir etc that go and then think I am off bye and we lose them for nothing nearly as they run contracts down.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mctominay has the skill set of a Panda but I cannot see how gorging on bamboo is going to help.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy I know but the whole model is to buildup and sell the players IMO. So them going on loan if say Fabio does well his value will be the 30/40 Million or more . So benefits the business model and Wolves in the end hopefully.

My Concern is Mir etc that go and then think I am off bye and we lose them for nothing nearly as they run contracts down.
We made a significant profit on Mir.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

40 mil today is worth less than 35 mil was when we signed him. I actually think the loan move is good for him but we need to see the benefit by tying him down to preferably a 2 year extension!

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"I've a firm belief that Ten Hag can improve a lot of our underperforming players. But I just don't know what he can do with McTominay. He's a genuinely dreadful footballer and can't do the very basics of his job."

"Lad cannot play football in this level, or actually in a few levels below this one too. Pretty much zero talent"

"Anyone who thinks there's any hope with this guy needs to find another sport to watch."

"He actively hides from the ball by deliberatly standing behind the opponent's players when we have the ball. We will never win anything with cowards in the squad"

"On my mothers life he is playing against us"

"Worst regular midfielder in the clubs history.
Makes Darron Gibson look like Pirlo."

Just one page of about 150 scathing pages of opinions on McTominay by the guys who watch him every week
So they rate him pretty highly then?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mctominay has the skill set of a Panda but I cannot see how gorging on bamboo is going to help.

McTominay and Fred.

Must be 2 of the worst midfield players to have ever played at the same tine for Yanited!

Oh, and Fred cost £50+million.

Couple of posts on this thread mentioning McTominay. Not as a potential signing thank God!

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins can definitely be the right-sided centre back we need who can excel in both a 3 and a 4 at the back. I am hoping he will bring a bit of what we lost when Bennett left.

For those who don't know anything about him- do you not watch Wolves games? He played the full 90 in a four at the back in both of the games we played against Burnley last year. Perhaps unsurprisingly, we didn't score in either game!
That’s no yardstick.

We’ve not scored in a load of games Collins hasn’t played in. :)

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

McTominay and Fred.

Must be 2 of the worst midfield players to have ever played at the same tine for Yanited!

Oh, and Fred cost £50+million.

Couple of posts on this thread mentioning McTominay. Not as a potential signing thank God!
Fred is not actually that bad at all, when you watch he had to play next to Pogba and do all his running then has to play McTominay who can't trap a bag of sand.

In a 3 with 2 top CMs he'd be a good player.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
de jong or bust it appears for united

De Jong is reluctant to leave Barca given what he feels he is owed.

United have consistently stressed they have alternatives should their attempts to sign the former Ajax man prove unsuccessful.

However, the fact chief executive Arnold and football director Murtough have chosen to fly in for face-to-face talks with Barca officials underlines the desire to sign De Jong.

Under normal circumstances, at least one of them would have been in Thailand, where United begin their pre-season preparations against Liverpool on Tuesday.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fred is not actually that bad at all, when you watch he had to play next to Pogba and do all his running then has to play McTominay who can't trap a bag of sand.

In a 3 with 2 top CMs he'd be a good player.
Ok, jwolfie, I agree Fred is better than McTominay.

Not saying a lot though is it!

Nothing to do with our transfer business I know, but if those 2 play regularly next season Yanited will finish lower than last season!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ok, jwolfie, I agree Fred is better than McTominay.

Not saying a lot though is it!

Nothing to do with our transfer business I know, but if those 2 play regularly next season Yanited will finish lower than last season!
Yeah not worth close to £50M, I'd not have McTominay short of probably a straight swap for Donk maybe. Absolute pish, Tom Cleverly career if he is lucky

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah not worth close to £50M, I'd not have McTominay short of probably a straight swap for Donk maybe. Absolute pish, Tom Cleverly career if he is lucky
People forget that We tried to get him on loan during the promotion season, he didn’t want to come and we got NDye instead. I think it was a Thelwell suggestion.

You never know maybe Everton’s midfield next season could be the Donk and McTominay as Thelwell uses the money he gets for Richarladson and Gordon to bolster their midfield.

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Well, that's one done :)

Fingers crossed we see a few more through the door soon. Hopefully this will start to ease those who were worried.

The future's Gold n Black

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If this deal was so hush-hush, I'm excited for the potential other deals going on a back up striker and a cm plus any youngsters and I think it's a good window on paper

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if some of the negative folk will offer any apologies?
I'm one of the 'happy clappers' but I don't think think there's anything wrong with people posting their concerns. What I don't like is the vitriol certain posters aim at the club about everything. Makes them sound like spoiled brats

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do Cornwall, St Luke and Lobo De Ouro deserve an apology as they all said someone was signing this week but as Cornwall has admitted his info wasn’t Collins. So all the right dates but not the right players :)

Only joking, I for one appreciate the snipppets that people hear being shared and understand a lot can be spilt between cup and lip. ITKs get far too much criticism and too many people simply enjoy putting others down by belittling their information as it doesn’t tally with what they heard whilst talking to their mate in the kebab queue on Friday night. It’s a lot easier for some to be constantly negative and criticise anything and everything because we haven’t signed anyone. Claiming they are obviously right and the club is up for sale, pawning the crown Jewell’s or some other rubbish - it’s blatantly obvious that if you claim nothing will happen everyday you are going to be more right than wrong as we don’t sign player everyday.

Back
Top Bottom