Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If SAF was still I'm charge he'd be seen in the same light as Fletcher and Carrick. Honesty, he's very similar to Rice.
Mate, he’s really not - his passing and technique are really poor, he’s nowhere near carricks level. He just runs about and tries to tackle, with a bit of pointing and scowling thrown in.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Collins can definitely be the right-sided centre back we need who can excel in both a 3 and a 4 at the back. I am hoping he will bring a bit of what we lost when Bennett left.

For those who don't know anything about him- do you not watch Wolves games? He played the full 90 in a four at the back in both of the games we played against Burnley last year. Perhaps unsurprisingly, we didn't score in either game!

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No ..honestly out of the blue a CB was not mentioned but Collins will fit in perfectly .. agreement with the 2 Young S Americans reached but Agents are slowing it up of fees and sell on percentages ..
But surely any delay would be because Shi and Sellars like faffing and are clueless?!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please be right Percy!!

Would be a fantastic signing. Fingers crossed.
Pleased for you, and for us all - are you sure this is you?!
Collins is excellent. Good pace, physical, great in the air and decent at bringing the ball out. Only going to improve further given how young he is.

Him and Kilman as a two or either side of Coady would be decent.
Exactly how I see it. The switch to four won’t happen overnight, and nor should it necessarily. The right midfielder with Collins in two will hopefully make all the difference.
Funny how everyone is expecting Coady to be relegated to the bench when we sign a new CB....I still think we will be playing with a back five this season..
Indeed.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No ..honestly out of the blue a CB was not mentioned but Collins will fit in perfectly .. agreement with the 2 Young S Americans reached but Agents are slowing it up of fees and sell on percentages ..
Great news thanks. Will Osorio get a work permit? Or straight grasshoppers

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On the Dario Osorio link, given he primarily plays on the wing, it could be that we had scouted him with a view to loaning him out.

But now with our untimely fresh injury concerns, perhaps it is considered he could give us more than that- maybe even being this seasons ace up the sleeve.

Personally, I would like to see him in the squad.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the Dario Osorio link, given he primarily plays on the wing, it could be that we had scouted him with a view to loaning him out.

But now with our untimely fresh injury concerns, perhaps it is considered he could give us more than that- maybe even being this seasons ace up the sleeve.

He could play for the u23s....be broke in that way...

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, he’s really not - his passing and technique are really poor, he’s nowhere near carricks level. He just runs about and tries to tackle, with a bit of pointing and scowling thrown in.

He's not like Carrick but that type of player that everyone underrates. I know he's not great in the ball, but I'd use him very much as the 3rd CB but in midfield, like how Liverpool use Fabinho. As he's great in the air, good at tackling, mobile and aggressive. Honestly, some team will spend 100m on Rice and basically get McTominay

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’d imagine he’d be the replacement for the Brazilian chap who went to Arsenal. Probably off to Grasshoppers if it happens.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d imagine he’d be the replacement for the Brazilian chap who went to Arsenal. Probably off to Grasshoppers if it happens.
on osario, we are going to have 5 subs. squads like city will rotate with mahrez and other players with the quality of there squad. If we want him and he gets a work permit to me he is in the squad and playing with rotation 15 games for wolvea and getting accustomed yo uk football probably better than grasshoppers.

He only goes to grasshoppers if he can't get a uk work permit yet.

he would next year after more Chile appearances

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's not like Carrick but that type of player that everyone underrates. I know he's not great in the ball, but I'd use him very much as the 3rd CB but in midfield, like how Liverpool use Fabinho. As he's great in the air, good at tackling, mobile and aggressive. Honestly, some team will spend 100m on Rice and basically get McTominay
We’ll agree to disagree, but I appreciate how you’ve made your point, that’s a good explanation

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
on osario, we are going to have 5 subs. squads like city will rotate with mahrez and other players with the quality of there squad. If we want him and he gets a work permit to me he is in the squad and playing with rotation 15 games for wolvea and getting accustomed yo uk football probably better than grasshoppers.

He only goes to grasshoppers if he can't get a uk work permit yet.

he would next year after more Chile appearances
Have a feeling we will get a wp and he will be in the squad

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Collins can definitely be the right-sided centre back we need who can excel in both a 3 and a 4 at the back. I am hoping he will bring a bit of what we lost when Bennett left.

For those who don't know anything about him- do you not watch Wolves games? He played the full 90 in a four at the back in both of the games we played against Burnley last year. Perhaps unsurprisingly, we didn't score in either game!
What did we lose when Bennett left?

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So who do people think this mystery target from Ligue 1 in France is? Or what info do we know about it?

Is it supposedly for big money or big as in they would be a first team starter but not necessarily expensive?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So who do people think this mystery target from Ligue 1 in France is? Or what info do we know about it?

Is it supposedly for big money or big as in they would be a first team starter but not necessarily expensive?
If its expensive, paqueta

if its youth perhaps auoar or enzo le fee

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My guess is Danilo especially now PSG have said they want him to find another club..

Houston Lobo

Reaction score

It’s highly doubtful but your last question could still apply to Renato Sanches.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Danilo is unbelievably ordinary and would want massive money.

Hope PSG would front a chunk of his salary or it's a loan of something

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
Danilo ticks the 'well known' and 'plays in france' boxes. Also is/was good friends with Neves.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live up in the land of the clayheads and they speak very highly of Collins. Combination of him and Kilman has potential to be a top 6 pairing.
It’s also excellent squad depth and future proofing.
For a back 4, that’s a first and 2nd choice pairing, L and R footers, all tall and reasonably quick and under 24.
Plus Boly and Coady.

Who knows if Mosquera will actually keep his legs on long enough to develop into a top level CB, but he’s got another year to do that.
Future looks bright at centre half.
Could cope with another year of Coady in a 5, if that’s the future plan.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. He covers the ground well and wins the ball alright, but his positioning isn’t good and when not popping up with a goal he’s poor on the ball.
If Neves had his frame he’d be the first £150m DM.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But Rice is far younger, and a lot better on the ball. He’s come on a lot over the past 1-1.5 seasons.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

They can afford to offer north of £10M for a player they won't even see for years. We just can't unfortunately

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If McTominay signs for Wolves I'm going to take Jeff Shi to civil court for absolutely no reason other than to show him the t-shirt I've had specially designed for the occasion - a picture of him wearing that stupid green jumper with the slogan 'Bhatti-**** crazed-shi' above and below it

Back
Top Bottom