Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ruben Neves

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah I'd totally trust the daily mirror over what the club have probably told Lage to say.

I've mentioned it before, I'm very good friends with a prominent football writer. Quite often what they write about Wolves is rubber stamped.......................

........... by me ffs.
Everyone on the planet know that we aren't valuing Neves at £100M. They all know the real price, Mendes doesn't do negotiations he has the fee he will move him for. He might have to drop it a bit as the market isn't anywhere near as vibrant for Ruben as the club thought.

Still think he might end up at Barca eventually though

D

Deleted member sbk12944

But there's a difference to claiming something was said on the street to claiming something was said in a recorded interview. One can be disproven, the other can't.
claiming and proving are also different, I am also not denying it happened either.

Il leave it there even if you want the last word :)

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are aware that they can't make him sign a new contract, and that doesn't necessarily make them amateurs?

What if the best bid we have for him is a cheeky £20m from someone, and he's demanding £300k per week to extend his deal?

I think with Ruben that's pretty unlikely, but players are (obviously) aware that the more they run their contract down, the more the power lies with them.
It is either a new contract or sell as far as I am concerned. We cannot afford to have a player of his value run his contract down. Not to mention what that could also do to the squad harmony, adding that kind of constant time ticking bomb.

I trust the club to be astute enough to pick up a decent fee with 2 years left of his contract. But then..

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
E
I can believe that. If Wolves don’t want to sell, and don’t need to sell, and Ruben is happy to stay until the dream move opens up, then the club is right to price him as high as they have. It’s the literal definition of “an offer we can’t refuse”.
Exactly! This is why Ruben is ALWAYS a hot topic of conversation when we meet up!

Or the fact when we play footy together I always wear a wolves top with Ruben on the back…. All 4 shirts I own from his time here. Holding of buying this years till I know where my Portuguese prince will be next season officially when the window has closed!

My framed signature of his on the picture of him celebrating the first prem goal against Everton sits proudly next to my signed bully testimonial programme!! I love the guy, but not more than our god bully lol

He is the crown Jewell and must be protected at all costs! But only sell if it matches what we want for him and can replace him suitably with the funds generated.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is either a new contract or sell as far as I am concerned. We cannot afford to have a player of his value run his contract down. Not to mention what that could also do to the squad harmony, adding that kind of constant time ticking bomb.

I trust the club to be astute enough to pick up a decent fee with 2 years left of his contract. But then..
Agree entirely. Love Ruben but if he doesn't sign a new contract he has to be sold this summer.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree entirely. Love Ruben but if he doesn't sign a new contract he has to be sold this summer.
Having said that, what a boost to everyone it would be if he signs a new 4 or 5 year deal. Aswell as a real statement of intent.

And personally, as a sweetener in the deal (and this is controversial) I would make him club captain.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Having said that, what a boost to everyone it would be if he signs a new 4 or 5 year deal.

And personally, as a sweetener in the deal (and this is controversial) I would make him club captain.
See people mention this all the time.

Does he care about that? Would he want it stripped off one of his best mates in Coady?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having said that, what a boost to everyone it would be if he signs a new 4 or 5 year deal. Aswell as a real statement of intent.

I'd expect a minimum release clause in the event of finishing lower than 9th or 10th or similar if he signs long term, which would be fair I think.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can believe that. If Wolves don’t want to sell, and don’t need to sell, and Ruben is happy to stay until the dream move opens up, then the club is right to price him as high as they have. It’s the literal definition of “an offer we can’t refuse”.
It seemed after our last match had finished that Neves was off. Or knew his time at Wolves had come to an end.

As with Traore, if players are hoping for a move that doesn’t transpire it can be demotivating.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey I’ve seen Coady get some stick for making mistakes but I’m shocked to think someone feels there’s better leaders in the team than him.
He’s a good organiser but you also want your leader to lead by example. Neves is by far our best player in the spine of the team and coady also shouldn’t be in the side if we change to a 4 Imo

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seemed after our last match had finished that Neves was off. Or knew his time at Wolves had come to an end.

As with Traore, if players are hoping for a move that doesn’t transpire it can be demotivating.

It can, but it depends on the circumstances which get in the way and the player’s objectives. Neves already said he wasn’t excited by a move to Man Utd, so the fact Wolves put a higher price on his head that they are unwilling to pay, doesn’t reflect as badly on Wolves. If Barca need to wait another 12 months to sort their finances, again that’s a reflection on them not Wolves. In the meantime he likely gets a salary rise and continues to have play every week.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It can, but it depends on the circumstances which get in the way and the player’s objectives. Neves already said he wasn’t excited by a move to Man Utd, so the fact Wolves put a higher price on his head that they are unwilling to pay, doesn’t reflect as badly on Wolves. If Barca need to wait another 12 months to sort their finances, again that’s a reflection on them not Wolves. In the meantime he likely gets a salary rise and continues to have play every week.
And increase his price tag too hopefully!

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
He’s a good organiser but you also want your leader to lead by example. Neves is by far our best player in the spine of the team and coady also shouldn’t be in the side if we change to a 4 Imo
Well if Coady isn’t in the team then of course someone else gets the job but I don’t believe being a good leader has anything to do with being the best player.

Coady is a great leader and there’d be plenty of sides would like him purely for that IMO.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kit being launched tomorrow, on the 8th,at 8am on the anniversary of the signing of Neves. For a player who dons the 8 shirt.

Im gonna put it out there that he signs a new contract tomorrow. Have a feeling.

Sounds like a very wolves thing to do like when hwang signed on his birthday. Basically if at 8am I don't hear he has signed a new contract thats going to make me really believe he is actually leaving this summer

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hearing low release clause.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Define low.

If it’s 45 million then that’s fine IMO and makes sense as the way to tie him down to a new contract

Will anyone actually know what’s in the contract other than wolves and neves though
If that's the case, wouldn't a club just bid 45m this summer regardless of the new contract? At the moment, it seems we won't accept that price without any clause.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well as lovely as the new kit is, they've ****** us.

Back
Top Bottom