Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A package totalling £20 million, so like £15 million upfront and add ons? I certainly hope we tell them to get lost. Who can really say with Wolves at present?
If I was Palace I would wait until deadline day and offer us 10mil. You just know we would accept it and then see if 2 or 3 league one players could be convinced to join.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Is Lage completely faultless ? I know he can speak in riddles at times but I'm sure he must of been ensured of some intent in the market. If he's OK with it he needs to stop moaning about it if the results don't go his way.
He's far from faultless to and has made some strange decisions regarding subs/team selection. However, they bought him in to change the way we play, become more entertaining from memory. Yet they decided to back him by bringing in a replacement GK and Trincao. Hardly the upheaval needed to change our style of play

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Miles better than Gallagher in championship.

Palace recruitment out of the championship is absolutely stellar. Says a lot.

He's going to make some people look like absolute mugs on here
If people had their heads screwed on then they'd be noting Palace's interest as a seal of approval that he's got something about him.

We are certainly going one way, said to a few friends, I've got us as outsiders for the drop.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If people had their heads screwed on then they'd be noting Palace's interest as a seal of approval that he's got something about him.

We are certainly going one way, said to a few friends, I've got us as outsiders for the drop.
For sure, Palace a very good barometer of his quality and potential.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He obviously doesn't want to stay mate that's the problem. Same as Traore . We have to shift them if we can .

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's important to get them yes but how long for them to settle and to fully understand their role. Learning as you go along in the EPL could put Lages neck on the chopping block if early season goes tits up with disjointed clueless displays.
Oh we agree that in an ideal world the reinforcements would have signed two weeks ago.

However I'd be far happier signing players on deadline day than not at all. I'd be happier still if they signed today...

I'm assuming you feel the same? My original point was the MOST important thing is we sign players at all. Obviously the earlier the better, but later is better than never.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there anyone we are actually linked with that are not going to another team now?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say Wolves have done little to make players want to stay, said it before, theres a stench of death clinging to Molineux.
i do wonder at what point if any of the players talk to each other saying, are we getting any new players boys, or to lage, any signings boss

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O Barça empresta, mas pretende incluir no negócio uma cláusula obrigatória de compra no final da época (20 M€). Leões tentam encontrar a solução para satisfazer as exigências do rival.

Confirmada a contratação de Rochinha, o Sporting aplica as energias em Trincão e, nas últimas horas, Jorge Mendes reuniu-se com Joan Laporta, presidente do Barcelona, para tentar desbloquear a ida do extremo para Alvalade. A ideia de um empréstimo com opção de compra obrigatória no valor de 20 milhões de euros mantém-se em cima da mesa, falta acertar em que moldes será feito esse pagamento. Aliás, esse será, tudo indica, o único grão de areia na engrenagem neste momento, já que os leões ainda consideram elevado o valor pedido pelo rival após o empréstimo, os tais 20 milhões.

Barça lends, but intends to include in the deal a mandatory purchase clause at the end of the season (20 M€). Lions try to find the solution to satisfy the rival's demands.

With the signing of Rochinha confirmed, Sporting applied their energies to Trincao and, in the last few hours, Jorge Mendes met with Joan Laporta, president of Barcelona, to try to unlock the winger's move to Alvalade. The idea of a loan with a mandatory purchase option in the amount of 20 million euros remains on the table, it remains to be decided in what form this payment will be made. In fact, this will be, by all indications, the only grain of sand in the gear at this moment, as the lions still consider the amount requested by the rival after the loan to be high, the 20 million.

Potentially between 2 and 4m coming down the pipeline for wolves

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stench of death is a bit dramatic, more like mouldy Chinese fortune cookies.
More a term of phrase, we've all been at a place of work that just feels like it's a waste of time, and it's not good to be at. I'm not entirely sure Molineux is far off that.

i do wonder at what point if any of the players talk to each other saying, are we getting any new players boys, or to lage, any signings boss
They most certainly do.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You just know if we do sell MGW we will regret it big time, he'll score every time he plays against us and will go on to play for England.

Have Wolves ever gone a whole summer without making any first team signings before? It sure doesn't feel like we are actually anywhere near to getting anyone in

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What's the odds mate?

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
We need: Back up goalie, bring one in for free, or just give it Sarkic. RWB, player from Swansea targeted. Striker or two. We have Bonatini, Cutrone and Campana, use them. We need as a minimum a playmaking attacking midfielder who can score 7 or 8 goals a season. We need a box to box midfielder. The premium will have to paid for the attacking midfielder. If Adama and MGW want to go and a suitable offer comes in let them go. If not they stay, they are under contract to us.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure that players will always score more in better teams. Maybe the team was just built around him to score goals.

Kind of the mirror image of us building a team around Coady to prevent opponents scoring goals.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree . This is all on Fosun I'm afraid.

Certainly seems to be the case. Though I think it more to do with the spending restrictions placed on Fosun by their government than Fosun's own policy. If not for that, I'd guess Fosun would be happy to fork out for a big signing or two, regardless of sales, just as they used to.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously??? Proof required.
Nobody on here has 'proof', you know that. However, it has been reported there's a new contract offer to him on the table and he's not accepted it.

Nobody knows the offer, so expect guesswork from the usual suspects that it's £3.50 a week plus free biscuits.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the contract offer, that's on Wolves to convince him it worth him being here, as we can see in our current dealing so far (hah), we are having a real hard time pitching to player that we are the ideal place for their careers.

Players talk but I also think we have a gold-tinted perspective of Wolves here, to the neutral, we are an utterly horrid team. The Golden Stoke, a reputation that is absolutely sticking.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the contract offer, that's on Wolves to convince him it worth him being here, as we can see in our current dealing so far (hah), we are having a real hard time pitching to player that we are the ideal place for their careers.

Players talk but I also think we have a gold-tinted perspective of Wolves here, to the neutral, we are an utterly horrid team. The Golden Stoke, a reputation that is absolutely sticking.

Agents aren't silly, if they think the wells dried up and wolves will only sell players for silly money. It's not an ideal place to send them especially if they're not pushing for Europe

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Miles better than Gallagher in championship.

Palace recruitment out of the championship is absolutely stellar. Says a lot.

He's going to make some people look like absolute mugs on here

Totally agree. I will be furious if we sell him and it will sum up where we are heading as a club.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agents aren't silly, if they think the wells dried up and wolves will only sell players for silly money. It's not an ideal place to send them especially if they're not pushing for Europe
It's also, not a very good shop window, is what I'm trying to say. Play the dullest football in the league.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You just know if we do sell MGW we will regret it big time, he'll score every time he plays against us and will go on to play for England.

Have Wolves ever gone a whole summer without making any first team signings before? It sure doesn't feel like we are actually anywhere near to getting anyone in

Feels to me like we are no nearer anyone signing for us than we were 5 weeks ago. I could of course be wrong but that's how I feel at present. Clubs really getting active now and then there is our club. Jack **** and more bothered about loaning players out and our best young players linked to clubs like Crystal Palace. Where has it all gone wrong?

Back
Top Bottom