Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really thought we would hear more serious links/rumours early this week but honestly it seems quieter than ever! Just so frustrating tbh.

But wouldn't that maybe be a good thing, we have done things very quietly in the past, not many leaks from within the club.

Plus we never sign who we are linked it just happens

Let's see what happens, seems they are searching for a right sided defensive player, cm and a st from the media in the last few days

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For me I would both like to see him stay and succeed but also understand why we might sell him at £25mil.

If we stick with the 343 there are 2 inside forward spots available where we will realistically want no more than 5 players fighting for those 2 spots with 1 most likely a young player who needs time to adjust for example a young south American player or someone like Gassama at PSG as someone like Hwang, MGW or Podence wouldn't accept being 5th choice.

The media links suggest the club is keen to add a starter quality player in this role based off the Guedes, Rafa Silva, Barbosa, Ben Yedder etc links we have had in the press so far this summer as none are target men type strikers so would be being brought in for the inside forward role so when you consider we would have the potential new player, hwang who is going nowhere, Neto who will be a starter as well as that 5th choice being likely taken by a young player you suddenly have 1 spot left and Morgan, Podence & Adama all at the club to choose from. Realistically Morgan(25) & Adama(15) are the two we could more likely fetch a fee for this summer so it wouldn't surprise me to see him sold to a rival this summer, not because the club don't rate him but because they might not have the space in the squad for him if it is true that they are targeting any of these rumoured players.

It's also about getting the best value out of your money so if Morgan is valued at 25mil and Adama at 15mil thats 40mil there and the club might look at it as for the same amount we could get for example Ben Yedder(20) & En-Nesryi(20) with Podence taking the remaining spot and the club may view it as better value than keeping both Morgan and Podence and only selling Adama and having only 15mil to sign a tall striker who in theory might be a lesser player than the one they could get for 20mil. However if it was that we were looking to move to a back 4 to add an extra attacker it would be the other way around it would be someone like Coady they might willingly sacrifice rather than Morgan for the exact same sort of reasoning.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me I would both like to see him stay and succeed but also understand why we might sell him at £25mil.

If we stick with the 343 there are 2 inside forward spots available where we will realistically want no more than 5 players fighting for those 2 spots with 1 most likely a young player who needs time to adjust for example a young south American player or someone like Gassama at PSG as someone like Hwang, MGW or Podence wouldn't accept being 5th choice.

The media links suggest the club is keen to add a starter quality player in this role based off the Guedes, Rafa Silva, Barbosa, Ben Yedder etc links we have had in the press so far this summer as none are target men type strikers so would be being brought in for the inside forward role so when you consider we would have the potential new player, hwang who is going nowhere, Neto who will be a starter as well as that 5th choice being likely taken by a young player you suddenly have 1 spot left and Morgan, Podence & Adama all at the club to choose from. Realistically Morgan(25) & Adama(15) are the two we could more likely fetch a fee for this summer so it wouldn't surprise me to see him sold to a rival this summer, not because the club don't rate him but because they might not have the space in the squad for him if it is true that they are targeting any of these rumoured players.

It's also about getting the best value out of your money so if Morgan is valued at 25mil and Adama at 15mil thats 40mil there and the club might look at it as for the same amount we could get for example Ben Yedder(20) & En-Nesryi(20) with Podence taking the remaining spot and the club may view it as better value than keeping both Morgan and Podence and only selling Adama and having only 15mil to sign a tall striker who in theory might be a lesser player than the one they could get for 20mil. However if it was that we were looking to move to a back 4 to add an extra attacker it would be the other way around it would be someone like Coady they might willingly sacrifice rather than Morgan for the exact same sort of reasoning.
We need to make our minds up sooner or later , so does gibbs. I'd take 25 mill tbh.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves now one of only four Premier League clubs to not yet complete a signing (and no, I'm not counting the kid from Wimbledon).

But that is counting Bournemouth signing Ryan Fredericks and "Joe Rothwell", Palace signing an 18 year old and a backup keeper from WBA, Man U signing someone I've never heard of...

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United are losing Ronaldo, that's about a third of their goals, so not just us in a bad place.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score

Maybe there's no new player announcements because there's going to be a new manager announcement first.......... ;)

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maurizio Pochettino isn't good enough
Not good enough for Wolves?
I think it’s fair to say most of us would enjoy the football Southampton played when he was there and during his early tenure at Spurs.
He isn’t coming here of course, but you clearly don’t rate him Dan.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United are losing Ronaldo, that's about a third of their goals, so not just us in a bad place.
They have 2/3 of their goals left, which is a lot more than we score. We lost 1/3 of our goals when Jota and Doc left. That went well!

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s interesting that there’s so much speculation over MGW with mooted £25m bids, but no speculation over podence with his 5 goal contributions a season, but lots of people seem to value pod and want to play him and sell Morgs - is that because the view is that pod is better or that we wouldn’t get any offers?

AberWolf

Reaction score
It’s interesting that there’s so much speculation over MGW with mooted £25m bids, but no speculation over podence with his 5 goal contributions a season, but lots of people seem to value pod and want to play him and sell Morgs - is that because the view is that pod is better or that we wouldn’t get any offers?
If Podence could stay fit he's a lot better than MGW

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence is a better player that is why... Only have to watch us when he isn't in the side compared to when he is (look at the end of the season when he was out) he has that creavity spark that our other attacking players lack..

Feel he is underrated personally.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just because we’re bored…….
Starting tomorrow, what date will be our first squad ready signing be? I thought we’d see or hear more things unfolding this week.
Last day is August 12th…….so, what’s your guess? If someone starts a poll, great.

I‘m gonna guess first new player is Thursday 7th.
Second player in on the 13th.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hard to see clubs chomping at the bit to sign him, i like him but MGW has far higher upside.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never trust anyone who eats strawberries or thinks Cliff Richard singing in the rain is the best. ;)
Strawberries, particularly ripe British ones, are delicious.

Cliff Richard though... a Scottish colleague was unimpressed when l suggested that we allow Scotland to go independent only if he got a Scottish passport lol.....

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence is a better player that is why... Only have to watch us when he isn't in the side compared to when he is (look at the end of the season when he was out) he has that creavity spark that our other attacking players lack..

Feel he is underrated personally.

and yet no one ever seems to be linked with wanting to sign him. I like Podence but I don't think his contributions barring a spell middle of the last season have been anywhere near consistent enough

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our plan seems to be to try and get Barca to overpay for Neves so we can then spend. But Barca just don't have the money to spend, no matter how much Mendes tries to grease those wheels.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't we made our minds up? Lage reportedly wants MGW, and the club has reportedly offered him a new contract.

If correct I can't see that the delay is at the door of Wolves.
Think MGW is stalling. Probably wants to see what his options are. After his stint at Sheffield Utd, which he really enjoyed, I suspect he’s nervous about being a bit part player again at Wolves.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think MGW is stalling. Probably wants to see what his options are. After his stint at Sheffield Utd, which he really enjoyed, I suspect he’s nervous about being a bit part player again at Wolves.
Not only was he not a bit part player at Blades, he was actually their main man. Frankly that is unlikely to happen at Molineux anytime soon however well he does.

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Our plan seems to be to try and get Barca to overpay for Neves so we can then spend. But Barca just don't have the money to spend, no matter how much Mendes tries to grease those wheels.

Didn't Barcelona hold a vote and agree to sell part of their future TV rights? Am I making that up? They may actually have the money now.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence is another one with two years left on his contract.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Sanderson is back at Blues.

Back
Top Bottom