Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Shi should spend money signing a few new big name players for Wolves women.

If we’re now all about finances and brand exposure, getting Wolves women in the Premier League with a couple of big name stars from teams like the USA seems like a no brainier.
I agree. The women's game is growing, but Shi was asked the question during the Ask Wolves PR video and said he was not spending money on our women's team.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of clubs making moves, absolutely sod all here. Like hello? Is anyone there? It's like the entire club is in slumber, the deafening silence is ridiculous and still no news on Joao. Get a ****ing move on Jeff for heaven's sake. I'm totally sick to death of this club's total lack of forward planning and blasé attitude in the transfer market every season. It's extremely tiresome.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bloke on facebook claiming his mates been drinking with sellers tonight. Supposedly he has told them traore and gibbs white are staying although traore wants out. We have no money and relying on neves to go. Only transfer target is collins from burnley. He is getting pelters but he is adament this is what was said
And you believe that?

Wanna buy some magic beans? :p

Last edited:

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we have to move a player to afford Almeida then we are firmly in Mike Ashley territory.
Looks like moves are being made in view of replacing outgoings rather than strengthening and adding more depth. That's why the Palhinha and Almeida transfers stalled.

If Mouts signs a new contract and Neves stays, it doesn't look like there will be much activity. Maybe a couple of loan options later in the window.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like moves are being made in view of replacing outgoings rather than strengthening and adding more depth. That's why the Palhinha and Almeida transfers stalled.

If Mouts signs a new contract and Neves stays, it doesn't look like there will be much activity. Maybe a couple of loan options later in the window.
Yep, my take too.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have to move a player to afford Almeida then we are firmly in Mike Ashley territory.

Mike Ashley still spent money on the team when they were up for sale though, even he realised he would get **** all if they were relegated, I don't think Jeff Shi realises how precarious a position most outside the top 6 are in and how easily things could go tits up

They say if you stand still in this division you go backwards, it seems like we are skipping the standing still part and just weakening the team to save a few quid

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you think it's negative now, let's hope Bruno gets a decent start or else things could turn toxic pretty quickly. Lack of transfer activity in one window is forgivable. Running down contracts of our starting 11 without either nailing them down or moving them on is sleepwalking into trouble.
I understand sell to buy but this stuff with Neves, moutinho, Adama could and should have been sorted weeks/months ago.
I understand those that are grateful for the investment Fosun has provided, they have given us some of the best memories in our recent history but let's not pretend they did that for us.
They need to start making decisions.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My update from last couple of days ..
No offer made yet for Nunes
No movement on Almeida [was told 3 weeks ago furthest forward in deals] guessing replacement if Mouts left ..
Nothing amongst Agents chat about new signings .. but 1 did say 2 loans under discussion .. one further down the line and one just started but no names ..
An agent did say a couple of weeks ago Nico Gonzales on loan was possibility as Mendes wants him to play regularly next season but nothing since and if I put 2+2 together will get 5 and be wrong
Sorry cant give good news on imminent signings
We are in serious **** then. Ffs.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really starting to worry this is going to be a real poor window...and we really needed a good one this time...feels like treading water and stopping up is the target

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we only resign players, not strengthen, then we'll be in trouble. We created the least chances pretty much in whole division, and relied on last ditch keeper blocks to keep the goals conceded down. Yes we've got some decent players but half are average at best, and we are so easy to press.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
You pay a premium for strikers. I think Richarlison will excel in a better team where he's no longer the main man.
You don't have to do them in that order or the game would be a bit rubbish. Actually I think there are two lies though, both of those prices are probably about right, not bargains, although I don't really know how Richarlison fits in at Spurs. I would have Raphina over Adama though if that was an option!

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My impression at the end of last season was a general consensus amongst supporters that we needed to bring in 3 or 4 quality signings this summer on top of what we already had? There was a lot of talk about new cycles and us being free of FFP restrictions, which I think made some of us feel optimistic that we might well put the previous 4/5 poor to average windows behind us. I guess the general vibe however is that it really doesn’t look like it at this stage?

Sticking my neck out right now, I think we will make a couple of promising signings, perhaps a CM and a CB, and maybe a backup striker on the cheap? I just can’t see any way we make a signing at the Nunes level, and yet just a few years back I’d have believed this very possible.

There is still time and there is nothing I can do about this so no point getting too stressed, but I am feeling some bad vibes at present, not going to lie.

Last edited:

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of clubs making moves, absolutely sod all here. Like hello? Is anyone there? It's like the entire club is in slumber, the deafening silence is ridiculous and still no news on Joao. Get a ****ing move on Jeff for heaven's sake. I'm totally sick to death of this club's total lack of forward planning and blasé attitude in the transfer market every season. It's extremely tiresome.
United have stalled. Everton are as quiet as us….

Last edited:

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
If we only resign players, not strengthen, then we'll be in trouble. We created the least chances pretty much in whole division, and relied on last ditch keeper blocks to keep the goals conceded down. Yes we've got some decent players but half are average at best, and we are so easy to press.
Yeah something needs to change.

We have some very good players, but they are as stale as 2 year old milk as the end of the season proved.

Shi said in last years ask Wolves that it's good for a player to move to freshen up when speaking about Jota. This must apply to most of our squad at this point.

We've got a group who have played 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 for 5 years and look totally bored with it.

Either they need to move on or the formation needs to change. Same squad, coach and tactics could leave us in big trouble.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
YearsTeamApps(Gls)
2003–2004Sporting CP B30(1)
2004–2010Sporting CP163(21)
2010–2013Porto83(4)
2013–2018Monaco158(9)
2018–2022Wolverhampton Wanderers144(5)

Moutinho is 19 games away from equalling his most played games at one club. Insane when you think about it.
Your figures, whilst not actually wrong, are completely misleading, as they are league appearances only. João has a massive number of European appearances at his former clubs too.

He has a total of 259 appearances for Sporting, which is considerably ahead of his 172 appearances for us.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have let go ruddy, marcal, saiss, trincao so far. Arguably “replaced” by just toti and chiquinho plus the new keeper. But its not an upgrade anywhere just a smaller wage bill. I think we may literally see no new faces if moutinho signs, neves stays and mgw stays

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were bought for political reasons. The Chinese government’s stated goal of developing and growing football, enabled club purchases to be used as a form of “soft power” in order to attain political standing or more advantageous business positioning to enter new markets abroad.

It worked to our advantage, but the strategy has changed. The chinese are no longer investing and Fosun are treading water until they find the right buyer.

So, in terms of alternative owners - yes, we could do better. Lots of interest from USA who think there is potential for further growth. Its only a matter of time before they sell.
I agree 100%

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't have to do them in that order or the game would be a bit rubbish. Actually I think there are two lies though, both of those prices are probably about right, not bargains, although I don't really know how Richarlison fits in at Spurs. I would have Raphina over Adama though if that was an option!
Honestly, I think Richarlison will be a fringe player. Spurs have been crying out for decent backup for Kane, I feel Richarlison is as good a backup Tottenham are likely to get.

I like Lucas Moura but feel he's a more obvious replacement for Son. Richarlison is a great acquisition to bolster the forward options.

Arsenal are getting the better Brazilian forward but Jesus would demand more than fighting for a place in the Spurs team so was unobtainable.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems an odd reason if that’s true… surely you’d back yourself and increase your value even further having had a good season in the prem?
Maybe he said who else they signing . Errrrmmmm **** all else . Ok bye

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest Green Rovers

@FGRFC_Official
· 7m
Rovers travel to @Wolves this afternoon for a behind closed doors training match There will be no coverage of this game. We're back in action next Saturday at Swansea City.

This is the info that guy on facebook gave last night wasnt it who said he was in the same bar as Sellars and was told the only player we had been after was Collins at Burnley and Shi was refusing to budge on the contract offer for Moutinho and currently no new signings.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just saw this, seems we are getting quite a few games in early.

Insert have we got enough players joke here

I'm unsure about the post about meeting sellers why would he just tell people all of that?

The guy who made that post mentioned this friendly last night. I am beginning to think what he said was the truth!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not a doom and gloom merchant, and i still think if our best 11 from last season is fit and firing we are a good side, but i still think as it stands we are relegation battle material. We look a bit tired and in need of a freshen up. We are still 3 players short imo.

Back
Top Bottom