Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Because despite the palpable panic on here we do actually have a very good team, the players that can improve us are top level players and are sought after by bigger richer clubs than us. Nunes is probably a good example of this.
I’d agree with that. But…for me the squad depth is the real concern so even if we can’t bring better in we should at least add to the depth of the squad. Equally no news on that front either.
We might point to the up and coming players to do that.
But, on showings so far we have limited options there in order to be comfortable that strategy is the correct path. Potential doesn’t always get realised and so we should insulate our squad accordingly and I’m not sure those options exist sufficiently from within and we should therefore be looking elsewhere as well.
The window has a while to run yet so no need to panic yet. However the club should surely be laugh out looking at plan B’s as it would seem… most supposedly plan A’s either are not attracted to us or were never plan A’s at all and it’s all media hype.
Only the club really know the answer to that.
Expectation can be dangerous if not fulfilled and Jeff has previously set that in his own media interviews.
I guess we just need to wait and see but fans I’m sure will make their feelings known when the season starts and we’re we to struggle and carry on as we left off.
In that happening then questions must surely be asked and actions taken as to the competence of the management team currently in place that is running the football side of the club and in Jeff’s case overseeing that.
Just my opinions of course, hopefully we’re all pleasantly surprised and we see some incomings or semblance of what the strategy is soon.
COYW!

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I’d agree with that. But…for me the squad depth is the real concern so even if we can’t bring better in we should at least add to the depth of the squad. Equally no news on that front either.
We might point to the up and coming players to do that.
But, on showings so far we have limited options there in order to be comfortable that strategy is the correct path. Potential doesn’t always get realised and so we should insulate our squad accordingly and I’m not sure those options exist sufficiently from within and we should therefore be looking elsewhere as well.
The window has a while to run yet so no need to panic yet. However the club should surely be laugh out looking at plan B’s as it would seem… most supposedly plan A’s either are not attracted to us or were never plan A’s at all and it’s all media hype.
Only the club really know the answer to that.
Expectation can be dangerous if not fulfilled and Jeff has previously set that in his own media interviews.
I guess we just need to wait and see but fans I’m sure will make their feelings known when the season starts and we’re we to struggle and carry on as we left off.
In that happening then questions must surely be asked and actions taken as to the competence of the management team currently in place that is running the football side of the club and in Jeff’s case overseeing that.
Just my opinions of course, hopefully we’re all pleasantly surprised and we see some incomings or semblance of what the strategy is soon.
COYW!

Let me the one to lift the gloom and doom.

It’s happening - expect lots of announcements next week.

Not claiming any status, just what I know.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because who comes in? Easy to say "Fosun Out" but unless you have a replacement you can name it is just juvenile

I'm not in the "Fosun out" camp yet. They have a lot of credit in the bank with me
However I remember the "But who will replace him?" being spouted quite a lot during the mediocre Morgan years..
Yes there is an awful lot of potential poor owners out there. But it's not unlikely there are better either.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But then Wisdom Wolf was super confident we would sign 2-3 players in Jan, excluding returning loanees.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'm not in the "Fosun out" camp yet. They have a lot of credit in the bank with me
However I remember the "But who will replace him?" being spouted quite a lot during the mediocre Morgan years..
Yes there is an awful lot of potential poor owners out there. But it's not unlikely there are better either.
Yeah and how long did it take for Morgan to ship us? And how much more would Fosun want than he did

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah and how long did it take for Morgan to ship us? And how much more would Fosun want than he did

We're also much more attraktive to potential buyers now.
But again I'm not the one advocating a sale. I'm merely saying the "But who will replace them?" was used a lot during Morgans reign.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moreover can't sell players. We have a whole shelf full that we can't shift.
The best way to advertise players is by playing good football yourself, then a side like Arsenal or Man Utd or Chelsea etc can envisage your player fitting in to their own vision and pattern (which is why Brighton players are in demand)

Most Wolves fans have a good idea that Neves is/would be great manning that area 20 yards from the opposition box, recycling the ball, getting wicked whipped crosses in and shots off, with the opposition pinned back under pressure.

We remember that in the Chump.

Unfortunately the prem has not seen him to do that and so it lessens his value.

I know that Neves would be an absolute game changer for Man Utd - but they won't risk it at the price because it's an unknown.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don’t make serious upgrades to the starting XI then we will be in a relegation battle. If you think that’s overly dramatic, look at some of the performances at the end of last season.

Questioning Fosun isn’t juvenile. Yes we should be grateful for what they’ve achieved but the momentum has completely halted over the past couple of years.

Charging £590+ for a season ticket and then not even attempting to improve the ‘product’ is unforgivable. Tbh if I had genuinely thought we wouldn’t see serious investment in the squad this summer then I would have thought twice about renewing when taking into account the cost.

Last season was pretty drab and boring. As much as I love Wolves, I can’t say I’m enthused about the prospect of more of the same.

Anyway, still another month until the start of the season so I’ll withhold judgement for now but if we start the season without serious upgrades then that is a serious failure and you can’t blame people for getting angry.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our best chance of success going forward will be the youth teams.

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We don’t need another striker looking at Bonatini in the latest training clip

(I said this in jest before anyone jumps on my comment)!

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were bought for political reasons. The Chinese government’s stated goal of developing and growing football, enabled club purchases to be used as a form of “soft power” in order to attain political standing or more advantageous business positioning to enter new markets abroad.

It worked to our advantage, but the strategy has changed. The chinese are no longer investing and Fosun are treading water until they find the right buyer.

So, in terms of alternative owners - yes, we could do better. Lots of interest from USA who think there is potential for further growth. Its only a matter of time before they sell.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its still so ridiculous. Last years first team needed 3 upgrades and we have already lose players. Not getting in Nunes is going to be a massive blow. I'm actually quite concerned if we dont get in 3 first team upgrades we are going to be in a relegation battle. Lets see then what that does to the ""Brand "

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were bought for political reasons. The Chinese government’s stated goal of developing and growing football, enabled club purchases to be used as a form of “soft power” in order to attain political standing or more advantageous business positioning to enter new markets abroad.

It worked to our advantage, but the strategy has changed. The chinese are no longer investing and Fosun are treading water until they find the right buyer.

So, in terms of alternative owners - yes, we could do better. Lots of interest from USA who think there is potential for further growth. Its only a matter of time before they sell.
Hopefully sooner rather than later. Needs to be done before we get into a relegation battle or worse relegated.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its still so ridiculous. Last years first team needed 3 upgrades and we have already lose players. Not getting in Nunes is going to be a massive blow. I'm actually quite concerned if we dont get in 3 first team upgrades we are going to be in a relegation battle. Lets see then what that does to the ""Brand "
No quite concerned about it IMO mate.
We are going to be in a relegation battle if nothing changes.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are apparently playing FGR in a behind-closed-doors friendly today. Let's hope that the well-known A Triallist lines up for us. Along with his brothers B, C, D and E Triallist...

T

TheConcourse

Can you explain why Philips , Raplhinha and Richarlison are all in demand and Traore and Neves are being hawked around without any strong interest. ?It has to be our asking price.
Strange one isn’t it? You’d think someone would snap Adama up for £15m either here or abroad.

Neves is somewhere between £50-£60m in reality.

Really mixed signals.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This report is the one Mercado Azul were referencing earlier re Moutinho to Porto.

It doesnt look like he has signed a new deal yet.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

With that being said, If you look at the recent moves we are making regarding young player development in the USA and also, although cancelled, pre season tour of the USA I'd be questioning wether expanding our "brand" in the US is for that very reason.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im still optimistic we will do business,but if nothing happens next week ill be moving into the "concerned" camp for sure
We need 2/3 quality players as we stand,whether we will spend £50 million on one is questionable at best
We dont look like moving Neves this window,Traore still a possible,we dont know about MGW if he stays or goes,Mouts is up in the air,we have already weakened the squad and possibly will be weaker still
Like most of us i guess, im concerned we will be battling for survival next season unless we get new players in soon
Lets hope things dont get worse before they get better and we start recruiting pdq

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With that being said, If you look at the recent moves we are making regarding young player development in the USA and also, although cancelled, pre season tour of the USA I'd be questioning wether expanding our "brand" in the US is for that very reason.

My thoughts as well. Most of the new wave of PL owners are American, we have already sold a small minority stake to a US investment company who acts as a deal maker, and Jeff has been open about seeking new investors for a couple of years.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its time for some of the youth to start stepping up, and to show enough to be trusted in the first team. We cant keep sending them out on loan. Some of these lads are 21/22 now and should be knocking on the door to be involved.
And you're asking young players to be sufficiently good to replace seasoned top half Premier League quality players

They're few and far between even at the biggest clubs

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange one isn’t it? You’d think someone would snap Adama up for £15m either here or abroad.

Neves is somewhere between £50-£60m in reality.

Really mixed signals.
Yes, I think it is strange . I do agree with your valuations so why no real interest.

We need the cash so desperately , yet we do not appear to be anywhere near selling .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My thoughts as well. Most of the new wave of PL owners are American, we have already sold a small minority stake to a US investment company who acts as a deal maker, and Jeff has been open about seeking new investors for a couple of years.
The way we have been running down contracts , selling players and not buying, would be a prelude to a sale of the club.
It goes against everything Fosun has said , but.....

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say American owners are any better than Fosun, in some/a lot of cases they are worse. The only owners who provide a bottomless pit are independently wealthy individuals who view it as a vanity project (until they run out of interest) or countries that are sportwashing their human rights records. In the case of the latter there are still a couple of Emirates to go.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloke on facebook claiming his mates been drinking with sellers tonight. Supposedly he has told them traore and gibbs white are staying although traore wants out. We have no money and relying on neves to go. Only transfer target is collins from burnley. He is getting pelters but he is adament this is what was said
How is the Gifford on a Friday night these days?

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you really believe jeff shi? I dont. Who knows whether we can spend or not. They may surprise me but my hunch is that they are reining back spend on all things including wages, ground etc
They were great but I'm beginning to change my mind on this. Season tickets up every year , not wanting to even try to go a little bit further each season. Is that not what sport is for ? To dream and Improve. I hope they sell up now tbh.
Shi and Steptoe what a more boring uninspiring pair that you could wish to see, driving the good ship wolves. Its all so dull and boring. Don't trust them at all. I've had to stop my season ticket this season at almost 800 a pop. I know I won't be able to get one now maybe not ever.
Membership on the way. Love the wolves .

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
YearsTeamApps(Gls)
2003–2004Sporting CP B30(1)
2004–2010Sporting CP163(21)
2010–2013Porto83(4)
2013–2018Monaco158(9)
2018–2022Wolverhampton Wanderers144(5)

Moutinho is 19 games away from equalling his most played games at one club. Insane when you think about it.

I understand 100,000 a week for a 36yr old is a lot to offer a 2year contract, and I also understand Moutinho wanted a 2year contract as oppose of a 1year contract.

I’d absolutely love him for 1 more year.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be honest, on paper, I think our line up even in a 4231 looks decent. The problem is the personnel eg Dendoncker and Coady in particular would likely not be good enough in this formation. Both of them would retain a squad place for me though.
LINEUP111656756906244.png
The issues for me are Moutinho not re-signing, Jordao who is poor and Boly who can't be relied on.

We would still have room to loan out Mosquera, Cundle and Jordao whilst selling Bonatini, Cutrone, Boly and Ronan and releasing Moutinho as long as we replace them with something like Collins, Al-Musrati and Almeida.
LINEUP111656757281991.png

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My update from last couple of days ..
No offer made yet for Nunes
No movement on Almeida [was told 3 weeks ago furthest forward in deals] guessing replacement if Mouts left ..
Nothing amongst Agents chat about new signings .. but 1 did say 2 loans under discussion .. one further down the line and one just started but no names ..
An agent did say a couple of weeks ago Nico Gonzales on loan was possibility as Mendes wants him to play regularly next season but nothing since and if I put 2+2 together will get 5 and be wrong
Sorry cant give good news on imminent signings

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Maybe Shi should spend money signing a few new big name players for Wolves women.

If we’re now all about finances and brand exposure, getting Wolves women in the Premier League with a couple of big name stars from teams like the USA seems like a no brainier.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We're also much more attraktive to potential buyers now.
But again I'm not the one advocating a sale. I'm merely saying the "But who will replace them?" was used a lot during Morgans reign.
Fosun been looking to sell a stake for years and no buyers.

Back
Top Bottom