Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

D

Deleted member sbk12944

We should all stay well clear of personal abuse or criticism of Sellars and Shi.
Their proven work ability is another matter and is clearly in the public domain.
Very true we should stay clear of personal abuse, if they **** this window up though and we have a poor start they will find Molineux quite welcoming I would have thought.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is it Nuno goes we sell the **** players ( sorry the ones that are good but not good enough) for 100 Million job done

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very true we should stay clear of personal abuse, if they **** this window up though and we have a poor start they will find Molineux quite welcoming I would have thought.
Agreed. Sorry for being OTT....

They need to lose the arrogance that we are a guaranteed fixture in the Prem. The championship is full of Premier League stalwarts.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The management of Al-Ittihad (Saudi club) has reached an initial agreement with the Portuguese coach (( Nuno Santo )) to lead the team next season, and the final signing will soon be in place of the current manager “Contra.”
****ing hell, wind back 2 seasons and if you’d told me we’d be praying we’d convince Neves to stay, we were skint & Nuno was managing in Saudi Arabia I’d think you were on crack.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'When Wolves went bankrupt - 40 years on'

Another piece from Jonny Phillips.....strange time to do a story about this..
In his ''Bitten by Wolves'' book, Johnny mentions that Graham Hawkins put together a shopping list for the board when promoted, including Lineker, Seaman, McCarthy, Bracewell, Gynn etc (all doable for a million quid total) & ended up getting a winger from Rotherham.

Last edited:

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WWFC want to sell Traore and Neves and yet no buyers.
Well In any other sector the answer would be, “You are asking too much” .
Football is no different. I think the market is weaker than it’s been for years.
Traore is probably worth less than £10 million and Neves around £25 million.
Their values reduced by being in a very unbalanced and passively boring squad, courtesy of the board.
I agree we may be asking too much but £25m for Neves. I am glad you are not on our negotiating team.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree we may be asking too much but £25m for Neves. I am glad you are not on our negotiating team.
I am not on the negotiating team. Perhaps £30 million then.
Big spenders Man City wanted Calvin Philips and paid £45 million.
That is a top marker for me.
I think 3 years ago that could have been £75 million. And Neves £50 million.
The values are depressed post-covid and tougher FFP rules coming soon.
If we dont cotton on we will not be able to buy at the reduced rates .

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We can all argue day and night about palhinha, but surely the argument only becomes relevant, when the window shuts ....we all spent months and months arguing about neves, Barcelona, swap deals etc and it was hot air and has all become irrelevant.......we done the same with Gibbs, until it happens it's all irrelevant.......
Understand you are correct but I'd argue the transfers must be done before first game of season imo not last minute

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So are you saying that you really rate Philips higher than Neves and by another 50%?

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So are you saying that you really rate Philips higher than Neves and by another 50%?
Agreed. Delusional

Phillips spent the best part of a season in the treatment room too. High risk as well as being no better then neves.

Played only 49 times in prem ( 2 seasons so 20 or so each season ) and only one goal

Neves 107 appearance (in PL) and 11 goals - proven
Give me strength !

So on that worth more and a chunk more than Philips

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Agreed. Delusional

Phillips spent the best part of a season in the treatment room too. High risk as well as being no better then neves.

Played only 49 times in prem ( 2 seasons so 20 or so each season ) and only one goal

Give me strength !

So on that worth more and a chunk more than Philips
Different players, Neves could never do what City want Phillips to do which is replace Fernandinho. Phillips doesn't have the same skills Neves does either, but would probably be able to do Neves role for us at a good level albeit not as good as Ruben does

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different players, Neves could never do what City want Phillips to do which is replace Fernandinho. Phillips doesn't have the same skills Neves does either, but would probably be able to do Neves role for us at a good level albeit not as good as Ruben does
Missing the point

They are different yes. But Philips has played a handful of games compared to neves and is a year older

No way is neves worth less - should be at least 30% more

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Missing the point

They are different yes. But Philips has played a handful of games compared to neves and is a year older
And his skillset is what City want because he is very good at what he does. Not sure what relevance the rest has.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And his skillset is what City want because he is very good at what he does. Not sure what relevance the rest has.
Hes decent enough but imo has shown very little last season to say he will kick on
Neves far better passer,and technically miles ahead
Philips has more mobility but little else for me

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we were discussing price of the players.

Not read all the thread so may have missed it. But I picked up on someone saying Philips is worth more. Which is total horse **** no matter if they are different players

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgive me if I seem to be looking at things with gold tinted glasses but I've seen absolutely nothing from Phillips for England or for Leeds that suggests he's anywhere near the level of Neves.

They are different players but unlike quite a few on here I rate Phillips and he will do very well at Man City, in my opinion.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They are different players but unlike quite a few on here I rate Phillips and he will do very well at Man City, in my opinion.
I admit, there are people out there with far superior footballing brains. I have no doubt he's obviously got something about him. You'd be hard pushed to find a midfielder I rate more highly than Neves. I am of course biased.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After today’s no news that’s all folks for another 2 weeks .We must stop being greedy and trust the powers that be .
Yeah right

Trusting and believing in Jeff Shi is like believing in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy at this point. 7 windows in a row of disappointment, expecting it to be an 8th come the end of August :(

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can name our starting 11 for the first game of the season because there wont be any new names at the Molineux.
Fosun came to Wolvo to get into Europe on the cheap. Nearly happened for a couple of seasons and fizzled out for several reasons. There maybe a bit of posturing to come but no money will change hands away from the Fosun coffers.
I will get some flack on here but we will see who is right on day 1.
We had a chance at big time and blew it losing to **** clubs desparate to avoid relegation.
Why? Theres no killer instinct at Wolves. Without it you will get nowhere.
Boo hoo.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Phillips is a donkey compared to Neves.

Back
Top Bottom