Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So is the £25 million earmarked for Trincao now available to spend on someone else, or was it never there in the first place, & that's part of the reason the option is not being taken up on him?

Strange to announce the decision now, if we didn't intend to hang on to him, particularly as he was showing signs of improving late on in the season, whereas Hwang appeared to be going backwards after a bright start.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Whether a "top, top club" would want him at this stage is a whole other question.
Yep, Pep has been known to go OTT about players in the past that he wouldn't dream of signing. Think top clubs would want to see more than 1 season

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved Clapton, Winwood and Ginger Baker in Blind Faith, territory now entering under Jeff and his puppets.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So is the £25 million earmarked for Trincao now available to spend on someone else, or was it never there in the first place, & that's part of the reason the option is not being taken up on him?

Strange to announce the decision now, if we didn't intend to hang on to him, particularly as he was showing signs of improving late on in the season, whereas Hwang appeared to be going backwards after a bright start.

I am pretty sure this decision was strongly influenced by what happened with Traore. Had they wanted him and were willing to swap, then perhaps we would have proceeded, even flipping him to Sporting as makeweight in a Nunes deal. Appears Barca royally screwed us with the Traore deal, so it’s no thanks on Traore. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t sign any Barca players this window now if accurate.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paiulinha didn’t sign because neves is staying

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Will be Neves + Moutinho as starters and a young kid on loan to buy probably.

Not ITK but just tea leaves reading.

Reactions: Ian

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think I ever gave a date

No didn’t mean you did. I was saying this because another poster commented that since they took over, we always buy a player July 1st. Unless they plan a late announcement or try to portray Hwang as this years July 1 signing, then that’s another window milestone passed.

So far this window has been flat. Our business to date has been entirely releases, sales and loans. The squad is weaker now that the last day of the season. Still time to turn things around, but I have a nagging feeling it will not improve.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
No didn’t mean you did. I was saying this because another poster commented that since they took over, we always buy a player July 1st. Unless they plan a late announcement or try to portray Hwang as this years July 1 signing, then that’s another window milestone passed.

So far this window has been flat. Our business to date has been entirely releases, sales and loans. The squad is weaker now that the last day of the season. Still time to turn things around, but I have a nagging feeling it will not impro ve.
Two days ago you were telling me that we'd take advantage of someone else's financial woes by signing a player on the 30th of June you big tease. ;)

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this decision was strongly influenced by what happened with Traore. Had they wanted him and were willing to swap, then perhaps we would have proceeded, even flipping him to Sporting as makeweight in a Nunes deal. Appears Barca royally screwed us with the Traore deal, so it’s no thanks on Traore. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t sign any Barca players this window now if accurate.
So looks like the money isn't there, & the best we can hope for is a couple of season-long loans.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha makes Fulham’s midfield not such a walkover they’re going to be a bigger threat than they have been previously.

We really lack a DM no dendoncker is not the answer

Mady Camara
Xeka

Two fine examples we could get cheap.

I suppose we have Jordao but he’s more attacking than defensive so we have to strengthen the midfield no excuses Jeffery!!

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'When Wolves went bankrupt - 40 years on'

Another piece from Jonny Phillips.....strange time to do a story about this..

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether Neves is staying or not, unless we have a rabbit up our sleeve, which I doubt we have, then it’s ludicrous to not sign Paulinha. Easiest signing we could ever make. Fulham ffs.
While i agree that Palhinha would have made us stronger,as lomg as Neves stays and we bring in an attacking CM its all good
Nunes would be ideal but if not theres options out there im sure

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

40th aniversary tomorrow i guess

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So looks like the money isn't there, & the best we can hope for is a couple of season-long loans.

Not necessarily.

Probably felt the Barca deal was the only one on the table which valued Traore at 25m+. A swap deal for Trincao could have made sense, if you believe Trincao to be worth 25m+ but with Sporting reported to be looking to pay only 15m, then a swap deal would have valued Traore for 15m too. If Leeds are willing to pay that or similar in cash for Traore, then Wolves have no reason to take the risks and uncertainty associated with a swap with Trincao. Better to sell Traore for cash and then haggle on Nunes fee.

Did Barca screw us over? Depends on what was said between the clubs and agents. If they said they hoped to buy Traore for cash in the summer at the agreed option price, but backed out, and benefited from a cheap loan, then probably yes. Even if Barca had good reasons to backtrack, if I were Jeff, I’d hesitate to do further business with Barca unless the terms were very favourable to Wolves.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As has been said by some that Vitinha had told the club he did not want to join them then it is more likely that Trincao had done the same.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Looks from the picture that he was part of the Wolves Old Stars team in the tournament so guess the piece came out of spending times with some of the players

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s definitely 1 but he seems to veto the wanted signings of our manager/head coach.
I know you think you're being clever but that's a real person who was killed by Sellars.
My friend died in a motorcycle accident when I was at uni; if someone was using his death to score cheap internet points I'd be ****ing furious.

Edit: apologies I know it's not transfer related and I don't get on my high horse about much...but come on

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I know you think you're being clever but that's a real person who was killed by Sellars.
My friend died in a motorcycle accident when I was at uni; if someone was using his death to score cheap internet points I'd be ****ing furious.
Weirdly enough so did my friend at uni in a car though so I have no sympathy for Sellars at all, and I couldn’t give a **** about internet points. I think he comes across as an absolute slimy **** that seems to undermine our head coach/manager.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money well spent applies to every club not just us, the problem is we aren't spending any money, I don't see how the self sufficiency model works if we don't speculate on players, I think all of us would love a few more Boly/Jota level signings but we aren't even making those anymore
WWFC want to sell Traore and Neves and yet no buyers.
Well In any other sector the answer would be, “You are asking too much” .
Football is no different. I think the market is weaker than it’s been for years.
Traore is probably worth less than £10 million and Neves around £25 million.
Their values reduced by being in a very unbalanced and passively boring squad, courtesy of the board,.
Also Covid and the new FFP rules being changed have depressed values .

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weirdly enough so did my friend at uni so I have no sympathy for Sellars at all, and I couldn’t give a **** about internet points. I think he comes across as an absolute slimy ****.
I agree that he comes across as very slimy and I don't like him at all. I also don't rate him at all. It just rubs me up the wrong way to take pot shots like that.

(That is a weird coincidence. Horrible thing to happen at such a young age)

Anyway - on with the transferweed (transfer+tumbleweed)

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weirdly enough so did my friend at uni in a car though so I have no sympathy for Sellars at all, and I couldn’t give a **** about internet points. I think he comes across as an absolute slimy **** that seems to undermine our head coach/manager.
We should all stay well clear of personal abuse or criticism of Sellars and Shi.
Their proven work ability is another matter and is clearly in the public domain.

Back
Top Bottom